Suggestion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Suggestion

Post by assassingao » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:19 am

1. I think that the kill messages (XXX has been killed by YYY assisted by ZZZ) should show itself in the replay.

I can't know what's going on in the replay unless I looked at the killing hero.

2. Some scoreboard after the last game ended would've been nice. (Shows on 60 seconds blank screen)

=EDIT / 12 Mar 08 / 18:08 Thailand Time=

3. If being hit by invisible, melee unit, there should be some little effect that someone has hitted you. Like a little dust, clouds or something.

4. Make any summoned blown up by Communion affect burrowed skittel, please.

5. Anick's animation was so confusing, I once thought that I managed to "blood seeker" away from Kassar (Dreadlord's Death Animation), only to find out that I was knocked-down (Also the dreadlord's death animation.) by Kassar and later killed by him (ALSO DREADLORD'S DEATH ANIMATION).

6. Following the #5, there should be some signs indicating that "Anick was here" when he was knocked-down.

=EDIT / 13 Mar 08 / 01:47 Thailand Time=

7. There's a typo on Keen Edge Buff, it should be "Keen Edge enhances Rikter's Attack damage" instead of "Keen Edge enhances Rikters Attack Damage"

Maybe more'll come.
Last edited by assassingao on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Suggestion

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:06 am

My own suggestion, I'm pretty sure that, playing Express on Bnet, it's still innacurate when you play a game, but when it ends and it's rematched, it becomes right. Or it may be when everybody does -rm.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:24 am

I think that the kill messages (XXX has been killed by YYY assisted by ZZZ) should show itself in the replay.
???
They show in my replays? >_>;;
2. Some scoreboard after the last game ended would've been nice. (Shows on 60 seconds blank screen)
The only real values of consequence are the ones already shown on the multiboard, no scoreboard should be necessary. What do you want to see, a big message across the multiboard saying "This team won because of superior teamwork!" ? :p
3. If being hit by invisible, melee unit, there should be some little effect that someone has hitted you. Like a little dust, clouds or something.
Your life goes down. I think that should be warning enough.
4. Make any summoned blown up by Communion affect burrowed skittel, please.
I actually don't know why it doesn't! It seems WC3 is hardcoded to make groupenumeration fail on invisibile crypt fiend models. I actually did not code into the map for him to dodge anything at all. It's kind of cool, since I think it adds an element of diversity and hyper-usefulness to Pitfall.
5. Anick's animation was so confusing, I once thought that I managed to "blood seeker" away from Kassar (Dreadlord's Death Animation), only to find out that I was knocked-down (Also the dreadlord's death animation.) by Kassar and later killed by him (ALSO DREADLORD'S DEATH ANIMATION).
This has been mentioned before, but what do you want me to do, make a new dreadlord model? Sorry, but unless I remove Seeker (Or do that weird thing Merlin suggested, but would still include the death animation at some point), it can't be fixed.
6. Following the #5, there should be some signs indicating that "Anick was here" when he was knocked-down.
Hold alt, his life bar is still there.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:41 am

Yeah, yeah the #1 was my mistake.

I'll add some more suggestions on the topic later.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:40 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:
I think that the kill messages (XXX has been killed by YYY assisted by ZZZ) should show itself in the replay.
???
They show in my replays? >_>;;

Try watching the replay from the other slots other than red, because I didn't see the kill messages on other players (tested with orange, blue, green, pink and gray slot)

In other words, it only works for red slot. (switched to the player on the red slot)

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:30 pm

Try watching the replay from the other slots other than red, because I didn't see the kill messages on other players (tested with orange, blue, green, pink and gray slot)

In other words, it only works for red slot. (switched to the player on the red slot)
Works for me in all slots...

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:29 pm

assassingao wrote:5. Anick's animation was so confusing, I once thought that I managed to "blood seeker" away from Kassar (Dreadlord's Death Animation), only to find out that I was knocked-down (Also the dreadlord's death animation.) by Kassar and later killed by him (ALSO DREADLORD'S DEATH ANIMATION).
An indicator to his blood seeker working is that his armor turns to invulnerable. That sounds like what i did to some Anick earlier this week... (That may have been you, as I recognize your name)
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:59 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:
assassingao wrote:5. Anick's animation was so confusing, I once thought that I managed to "blood seeker" away from Kassar (Dreadlord's Death Animation), only to find out that I was knocked-down (Also the dreadlord's death animation.) by Kassar and later killed by him (ALSO DREADLORD'S DEATH ANIMATION).
An indicator to his blood seeker working is that his armor turns to invulnerable. That sounds like what i did to some Anick earlier this week... (That may have been you, as I recognize your name)

I never used the BNet servers, are you sure that it was me?
Works for me in all slots...
)

http://www.thaicyberupload.com/get/jC1w7J2FI4

Also, I used this replay to analyze my behavior, I only saw the "Our hero has fallen" message, take a look at it please (maybe it was being 3-3 caused this error?
Rising_Dusk wrote:

Last edited by assassingao on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:22 am

Kill Messages don't show up in replays?

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:48 am

RadON wrote:Kill Messages don't show up in replays?
Yep, but only for everyone except when the replay vision was the red player.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:47 pm

I'll test it when I have a chance, I'm certain that they do.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”