1.09 and Beyond

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: 1.09 and Beyond

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:09 pm

I'd go with the ability to make Trebs hit right away. 30 seconds of DOOM. It would cost a lot, but it would always be a memorable game. And the next time King and SR overwhelm us, we'll see just how great 50 creeps really are....
Oh, and maybe a purchasable ping for workers, that registers when they're repairing. That way, you can tell when a worker is reversing your hard work. Many's the time I've been with a team, brought down a base to near death, only to come back five minutes later, with it nearly full. I know that's the point for workers, but the ping would let you know if you want to suicide to get them.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Kings_Mercy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:10 pm

A ping would be kinda meh. It would be like being able to ping the enemy heroes when noweone saw them to avoid ganking.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:21 pm

cant wait for new vers, one thing tho im guessin the pitlord model is gona be another tank(probably not genobee level but maybe close) seems like banes gettin the higher hp chars.
I swear to drunk im not god.

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:48 pm

Four heroes sounds like fun stuff. Oh, and yay for skin updates. Who else is getting a face lift? Ztera?! She sooo needs to get rid of that tacky bandana or whatever that thing is on her forehead... >.> Well, that's just my opinion, anyhow.

My only real complaints and/or requests for the new version would be smaller things, like certain little issues I always have with mana, cooldowns, etc... Atrius comes to mind, amongst others.

I never really got the point of having trebuchets at all, so I don't have much to say on the whole upgrades issue that suddenly came up. oO

Good luck, by the by! I'm sure the new version will be great. Try not to work too hard.
Oh, and good luck to everyone entering a hero for the contest. oO

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:52 pm

I quite like Ztera's bandana. I mean really, the goal is to make her and Rose as different as possible, so everything helps. If you have some more concrete criticism (Rather than just that you don't like the bandana) theN Nirv will either read it himself or I'll relay it to him to read.
I never really got the point of having trebuchets at all, so I don't have much to say on the whole upgrades issue that suddenly came up. oO
They were never really intended to have a point. Honestly, they're just there to give the map a more epic feel. I don't claim them to be anything more than that, because they really aren't. They're just cool thingies that own faces. :p
cant wait for new vers, one thing tho im guessin the pitlord model is gona be another tank(probably not genobee level but maybe close) seems like banes gettin the higher hp chars.
Actually, more so! The Bane do get the two largest tanks though, but this is for good reason. The Order compensates for this by having more persistent and direct siege. Both teams function differently. As a whole, the Bane has lots of high damage/fragile heroes and a lot of high life/tank heroes. The Order has a lot more perpetual siege/caster heroes and all-around heroes. They play differently, but I'd say on the whole they're both pretty balanced to one another. (Excluding the current iteration of Malth, though)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Actually, more so!
are u saying that there will be a hero that will break genobees 2000hp godlyness. If so i think im gonna faint if i see him and genobee coming in a lane together. Also i wonder if the model he gets will look like just another pitlord or if something interesting will be done with it(innert) as its my second fav model next to paladin.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:31 pm

Also i wonder if the model he gets will look like just another pitlord or if something interesting will be done with it(innert) as its my second fav model next to paladin.
Depends on how creative KR and I are. :p
are u saying that there will be a hero that will break genobees 2000hp godlyness.
Yes, I am! 2200 life, to be specific!

NiRVaNa_87
Noobite Warrior

Post by NiRVaNa_87 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:I quite like Ztera's bandana. I mean really, the goal is to make her and Rose as different as possible, so everything helps. If you have some more concrete criticism (Rather than just that you don't like the bandana) theN Nirv will either read it himself or I'll relay it to him to read.
I read this forums more ofter than you think ;)

Besides a little contrast, i didn´t thought it was necesary to make any update to her. But of course, as Dusk said, if there´s anything you think that needs to be changed urgently, tell me and i´ll take a look at it.

And about Rose and Janice skins, i don´t like them either, at least not now. I was going to remake them completely, but that would take a lot of time, so instead i decided to retouch parts that looked like crap and where really noticeable ingame (portraits mostly).

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:20 pm

Will KR be doing the two Bane skins and Nirvana doing the two Order skins? It's pretty cool how they've been doing that thus far; really gives the two sides subtly different feels.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:46 pm

Actually, Nirv is doing one of the skins on the Bane, KR is doing the other. Nirv is going to be doing Parhelios, and God knows who does the contest winner. Guess it depends on who wins.

Steve
Revenent of the Replies
Location: Dropping lasers or meteors on some unfortunate bystander... what?

Post by Steve » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:14 am

I was there when you told like three people of Dagurnott's ownage skills.

What's Parhelios like?
The enemy are in disarray, ride them down as they run
Send them to their violent graves, don't spare anyone
Dead and wounded lie all around, see the pain in their eyes
Over the field an eerie sound, as we hear the raven's cry

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:19 am

Hrm... Well, his skills are lined out, but I think I'll wait on telling anything.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:51 am

wanted to kno what hapened to zivryal, he was anounced awhile back as accepted tho im guessin u havnt got around to doin him yet, plz dont say u gave up on him.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:54 am

Oh no... No, he'll be there, just not as you remember him. *Snicker*

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:46 am

This question has probably been asked several times before, and has also probably been answered equally but, how many heroes will DoE have in it's last versions? Any specific numbers?

Return to “Updates & Discussion”