1.08b Discussion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: 1.08 Discussion

Post by RadON » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:36 pm

I didn't notice.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: 1.08 Discussion

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:18 pm

Fixed some silly things like hotkeys and really basic stuff. Everything else will be addressed in 1.09, this is just being released so that Maltheron is a little more tolerable and Fahren can actually cast more than 5 things before going OOM. I'm not going to release a 'c' unless something critical shows up.

Just sit tight for .09 now, guys.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: 1.08b Discussion

Post by snakehawk37 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:26 am

Just wondering, do items like Earthbinder stack with Rikter's, and the same for - duration items with sanctuary? Because some guy insisted they did, and I'm not sure if he is right. Thanks.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:09 am

Different items stack, yes. So Rikter's and Sanctuary stack with all of the lesser, 3-faction items.

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:49 am

Newbie question I was asked the other day by my Innert-playing friend.
Does Urn of Still Voices increase the duration of Schism's mute on me, too?!
I answered yes. But now that I think about it, does it?

And if that's the case, is it the same for all self-inflicting spells?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:46 am

Yes, it does, and yes it is true for all self-inflicting skills. I've thought about changing it, but decided against it for whatever reason.

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:27 pm

Uhm.... Does anyone else think Fahren is too good? He does a LOT of burst damage, has decent move speed and is a strength hero (yes, I realize he has low health for a strength hero.. less than 1300 at last level, I think, but still!).

Blaze is the biggest issue I have with him. It's 260 damage and a 6 second burn extension at max level. It's like a better version of Arro's Fireball, since it not only goes through units and travels faster, but has a much lower cooldown and mana cost. Fireball's unit acquisition range (I think it's larger than Blaze? Not sure!) and the 40 damage are the only things it has on Blaze.

Flickerflame feels like it could use a higher cooldown or mana cost too, but I dunno.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:32 pm

Fireball is very wide and has a large blast radius. Fireball also damages structures. Blaze is very, very narrow and easy to dodge.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:34 pm

Scarlet wrote:Uhm.... Does anyone else think Fahren is too good? He does a LOT of burst damage, has decent move speed and is a strength hero (yes, I realize he has low health for a strength hero.. less than 1300 at last level, I think, but still!).

Blaze is the biggest issue I have with him. It's 260 damage and a 6 second burn extension at max level. It's like a better version of Arro's Fireball, since it not only goes through units and travels faster, but has a much lower cooldown and mana cost. Fireball's unit acquisition range (I think it's larger than Blaze? Not sure!) and the 40 damage are the only things it has on Blaze.

Flickerflame feels like it could use a higher cooldown or mana cost too, but I dunno.
Fahren could be nerfed slightly, but he's not too good.

Yes, Blaze is powerful, but Fahren also has relatively low mana. Blaze is only really good when used in conjunction with Flickerflame, which has a much higher mana cost, and the combination of those two together can deplete his mana very fast. One must exercise moderation when using Fahren's abilities. Don't forget: he's best when you can get Conflagration to be used with other skills.

Summary: He's ok on his own, but he's awesome when used properly.

I don't know whether or not this has been helpful.

Also, Dusk is right. Blaze is very, very easy to dodge.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:59 am

My friend who I play DOE with very often is a pro Fahren (Setasojiro or something like that). If he only gets a 10-kill spree, then he is having a bad game. However, despite his ability to own, I never once complained about Fahren, even when vsing him. Why? Because unlike the people he pwns, I understand to DODGE. Blaze has almost no AOE. All you have to do is NOT run straight. Its not very hard unless you are the big bad bug. In fact, I even make fun of him when he tries to get me. Fahren should be left as is.

The one hero I DO complain about is skittles with his ulti. Now, that IS strong on a hero like that considering how easy it is to kill with.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:23 am

The one hero I DO complain about is skittles with his ulti. Now, that IS strong on a hero like that considering how easy it is to kill with.

Considering the fact that Skittel is now ranged. His ulti it a whole lot more imba than it used to be.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:32 am

I've already before you mentioned it removed the bonus damage Mutilate has in 1.09, now it's just a hyper on-attack condition booster. This should deal with it effectively.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:43 am

just wanted to voice my oppinion about something i feel realy strongly about.

All seeing eye is damn powerfull against invisi users (all curently on bane) and its a flying unit that is only targetable by ranged units (only vert, and glasse as of now as skit dosnt atk air). This is pretty cripling as when im playing atrius all a half smart player has to do is by an eye and unless there around no creeps or i have been well fed by there team i cant do much against him but sit back and spam ss o his creep wave. This isnt as cripling to skittle because his/her invis is alot less predictable. but it still can pose a problem and having no ability to destroy that damn ward makes it so u cant use ur invis near them until that eye is gon. Final invis user glasse has no real problems with eye as he can atk it and even if he cant u cant do much against a very large invisid creep wave sept try and nuke it. I realy think all seeing eye should be floating instead of flying as it realy cripples atrius and hurts skittle a lil bit.

Sorry if this turned into a rant was just remembering an earlier doe were 2 of ords team bought eyes and where ever i was they would use it and i couldnt do anything untill i caught 1 alone.
I swear to drunk im not god.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:57 am

I was in the game D was referring to, and it was really quite pathetic. I was Skittle and I found it extremely bugging that I couldnt attack the eye even though I was ranged... Could you atleast change that? I mean let skittle hit air so he can hit those gryphons as well...
Would it be asking for too much if more spells like sandstorm could hit air units too...? That would really give Atrius some way to survive against a person with an eye... It really leaves him so vunerable - a decent player should just move the eye out of the sandstorm anyway... and you could give it immunity to blind or something....
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:30 pm

Skittel can attack air in .09, it's been that way since I first started .09.

The eye is a lot more balanced than it could be. Imagine if I had made a passive truesight item, eh? That would really destroy heroes like Atrius and Skittel and Glasse. However, eye is actually pretty realistically balanced, since if you kill it you have to wait X seconds to summon another. Also, even in the event that you're not invis as Atrius, you can destroy enemies with how powerful you hit.

I'll think about what you say, but I think on the whole AllSeeing Eye is pretty fair as is.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”