v1.14c Discussion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

v1.14c Discussion

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:32 am

This topic is for discussion of the v1.14c release of Desert of Exile. The change log can be found here.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Re: v1.14 Discussion

Post by Cooldood » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:46 am

First post!

I like way you can make a HUGE sandstorm cloud with Evairnophet, he seems pretty cool - yet to check him out with other people though. Janise is, well, different. Somehow I get the feeling that she's a bit too clicky for me - again, I'm yet to play a game with others to see if she really flows. Grats on getting it out anyway, and thanks for fixing skittel <3 Can't wait to get a real game going.
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:19 am

Janise pull mines.

That's as brief as I can be.

Don't like how Phase Shift and Blink's name are swapped, but it's alright I suppose.

Can't wait to spam mines, now that she has another level of control in the mines.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:32 am

Yeah, I know she pulls mines o_O I was a big fan of the willowisp + catalyst + gash build though, and though she's still got two of the skills, I really miss gash. The OLD gash where it was for the next X attacks, not with a timer :P
Now I feel like you just drag shit around - less of a 'go out and hunt them down' sorta feeling going on. Again, this is all based on killing creeps.
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:52 am

She's a lot less offensive.

Anyway, we found several bugs in the match, having several rematches and stuff.
  • 1. Tristan's Path of Shadows stops working.
    2. Sozen's Reserves does not activate itself.
    3. Parhelios' blood mana deals damage when he has condition, and doesn't deal damage when he doesn't have any.
    4. Caliga gets health when he's attacked. Sometimes it doesn't drain mp too.
    5. Janise's mine-hook-thingy doesn't give assist. Blinks bugs out when I got hit by Catastrophe. I couldn't control Janise. (as if she's shocked lol)

Really loved heatdeath and enemies must die, though. Kinda crazy.

I think
[X] - Voidwalk now reduces Caliga's strength by 12/14/16/18/20 when active
Should be 20/18/16/14/12 though. Penalties are too severe, people might just pick one level and move on.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:57 am

3. Parhelios' blood mana deals damage when he has condition, and doesn't deal damage when he doesn't have any.
[X] - Blood Mana now only sacrifices when Parhelios has a condition

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:54 am

Post bugs in the proper forum, God damnit. I even posted that in the freakin' announcement. :/
Also, yes, please read the change log before reporting bugs that aren't bugs.
assassingao wrote:Should be 20/18/16/14/12 though. Penalties are too severe, people might just pick one level and move on.
No, it needs to get more severe with level. People will pick it for the MS. MS is the most powerful of any stat to give to a player.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:06 am

Think about it, you're going from 240/280/320/360/400 and -12/-14/-16/-18/-20 damage to 20//40/60/80/100 speed. Life and damage < Mobility.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:07 pm

My apologies for reporting in the wrong section.

And for not reading the changelogs.

Now I can't even discuss the lack of balance in the Sands of Time. Gotta make another thread for it I suppose.

Crosswinds are great skill to use, not to mention fun. But it's too...damaging. He can wipe a creep wave with two casts at level 5.

Not to mention spells like these make Vert's deceive completely looks like a lackluster.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:13 pm

After looking through the change log, I gotta say that's one awesome update! Good job, good job. ^^
rawr!
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:49 pm

assassingao wrote:Not to mention spells like these make Vert's deceive completely looks like a lackluster.
A deceived Hydra can deal over 1000 damage to a single structure in its lifetime. Crosswind would need at least a half-dozen casts to achieve that same effect. That's not even considering the other uses Deceive has, such as turning a Hallowed Hunter/Archer into a deadly harassment weapon early or late game.

I'd also like to point out that Crosswind is rather easy to dodge as a human player.
2-P wrote:After looking through the change log, I gotta say that's one awesome update! Good job, good job. ^^
<3

Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:35 pm

I have to agree with PP, a very nice update. I think Evair in particular is cool.

Also, @gao: Crosswinds is nowhere NEAR as efficient as Decieve. Imagine the damage you could wreak by taking a late-game push with a Colossus and turning that big ol' dragon just as it's coming out the main gate...
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:27 pm

You know, for some reason I feel like he means it makes Abolish look lackluster, not Deceive, seeing as Abolish and Crosswind at least both do damage, meanwhile Deceive is a really hard to compare to just about anything but itself in terms of usefulness...
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:09 am

Psiclone wrote:Also, @gao: Crosswinds is nowhere NEAR as efficient as Decieve. Imagine the damage you could wreak by taking a late-game push with a Colossus and turning that big ol' dragon just as it's coming out the main gate...
Exactly, there's a reason you've never been allowed to take over golems or dragons with Deceive..
TheDeathStalker wrote:meanwhile Deceive is a really hard to compare to just about anything but itself in terms of usefulness...
Even that's a hard comparison. Huge AOE, 3s stun potential with a reasonably easy to satisfy condition versus a tough to aim ability. Pack it in that most enemies are afraid to even attack Vert because of the Abolish/Panic Aura synergy, and he's actually more resilient than Evair is. Crosswind has a shallow AOE and a rather tough aim, despite dealing 240 damage on a shorter cooldown. (It's stun capacity is also only 1 second, one third of Abolish's)

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: v1.14b Discussion

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:39 am

Updated for v1.14b.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”