Positive Growth

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Positive Growth

Post by Oxygen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:03 pm

Huh, I don't know where the feuer frei comment came from, but whoever can't find a use for it is indeed a moron. From crippling and blinding atrius to doing 4k damage with flicker because of dis, theres enough room to twink anyone up with it.

Of course it's a genuine spell

just as its maker

right

har-har

also, I'll be making threads about heroes and stuff... eventually...

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Maybe it's just me, then.

Why was Kree's heat nerfed anyways? Now it deals a whopping* 10 damage per second.

*sarcasm intended

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:54 pm

assassingao wrote:Maybe it's just me, then.

Why was Kree's heat nerfed anyways? Now it deals a whopping* 10 damage per second.

*sarcasm intended
I didn't agree with this change either, and I don't think that making it "match glyphe's dps" was a proper reason; glyphe only needs to stay by someone half a second for the full damage to happen.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:03 pm

It deals 50% more DPS than Glyphe's aura assuming the unit is burned, which is easy to accomplish with AK's other two level 1 abilities.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:It deals 50% more DPS than Glyphe's aura assuming the unit is burned, which is easy to accomplish with AK's other two level 1 abilities.
Yes, but you have to ask yourself how often glyphe finds himself dealing the full potential of his dps versus arro's, especially against heroes

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Uh, quite frequently, actually.. What are you trying to get at..?

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:49 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Uh, quite frequently, actually.. What are you trying to get at..?
Well, glyphe can easily attain a 100% uptime on his passive. Arro has to actually stay there, and that's not always the best idea as a squishy character. That was why I thought it had more overall damage -- less overall uptime.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Glyphe also doesn't get the DPS from burn on top of his passive, however. Makes it 50DPS (AK) versus 20DPS (Glyphe) when you consider that.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:25 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Glyphe also doesn't get the DPS from burn on top of his passive, however. Makes it 50DPS (AK) versus 20DPS (Glyphe) when you consider that.
I really don't like looking at any spells in term of dps, honestly. Fireball is what, 380 damage every 12 seconds, while red lightning is 320 every 14? omg, it needs to be buffed then!

Clearly, both spells are used differently and are more or less easy and situational to aim with. Arro's heat is alot more situational than glyphe's.

That really brings up the question of where do you cut situationality vs dpsability. Problems like this have made skittle's blob really bad, probably because you were trying to put it in line with other spells such as scorched earth or embersparks. The problem when doing that is that all heroes happen to have different skillsets and playstyle.

Of course you could make X spell be the same dps as Y because they're both similar in use (aura damage), but I'll be damned if arro stays in the ~350 range for more than a few seconds against any other hero

...uh, what are the numbers right now?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:28 am

It's funny how you talk about uptime, clearly in terms of DPS, in your last post. Then, as soon as the DPS argument shifts out of your favor because AK doesn't need 100% uptime to net higher damage per second, you "really don't like looking at any spells in term of dps." I don't mind the change in heart, it's just funny is all.

Anyways, the rest of your points I already know about and have already considered thoroughly. AK's passive is fine now, trust me. It was a welcome nerf.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:21 am

Glyphe could use a little nerf imo. Didn't he get a buff or two in the last versions? I can't remember him ever being too weak, especially since some of the new items are around, e.g. Rendabi.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:24 am

He's still quite positively squishy, though, despite having huge burst damage and respectable max life. Also, I'd like to think that his natural speed keeps him in check. He doesn't have access to speed boosts like Kassar does. I really think Glyphe needed the buffs I gave him in recent versions, none of them being overwhelming or huge in themselves, but each helping him have a serious playing hand in a battle.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:17 am

It's not like Kree runs within 200 range of someone just to fireball, you know...

It's not like Kree himself is melee, either.

Those two things probably reduced Heat' potential usefulness.

While Glyphe's aura has much more range, to boost :P

Freezern
Champion Noobite

Post by Freezern » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:58 am

And Glyphe has a cripple.
And Glyphe is melee.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Actually, you'd be surprised at how effective Kree is in a chase when you consider burn and Heat. (Especially early game)
assassingao wrote:While Glyphe's aura has much more range, to boost
Cloudburst Aura Range: 400
Heat Range: 360

Return to “Updates & Discussion”