Potions

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Potions

Post by Soul_Reaver » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:43 pm

... You always have to complain.

Than how about this:
Magick Stick - Whenever you receive a condition you get one charge. Each charge restores X health and Y mana.

:D

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:03 pm

...I like that. Dusk, where are yooooou...

That would be kinda rigged though. Give it a cooldown of 20 secs or so and make the heal pretty low, and maybe also make it every X number of conditions suffered.
Can you hear them?

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Yeah that's a great idea.
Also you should only be able to hire item carriers while you suffer from a condition, buildings only burn down when a unit with a condition is within X range, asshole cannons (trebs) only target units that sufffer from conditions and heroes only get exp as long as they don't suffer from a condition.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Why the hell not. Add all of those too. It'll make for great fun.
Can you hear them?

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:20 pm

2-P wrote:Yeah that's a great idea.
Also you should only be able to hire item carriers while you suffer from a condition, buildings only burn down when a unit with a condition is within X range, asshole cannons (trebs) only target units that sufffer from conditions and heroes only get exp as long as they don't suffer from a condition.
:D It's nice to have someone to remind us every once and a while that the condition system only becomes more meaningless when everything triggers off of it. There's a balance, and I'm with you that that item just doesn't make any sense... A condition catching potion, maybe, but a heal stick based off of the number of conditions you've had? That... doesn't really work.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:33 pm

...Condition catching potion...

Prevents conditions?

Or one last stupid suggestion.
Can you hear them?

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Any consumable that prevents conditions upon a whim is silly. Stop trying to suggest a fail replacement for a spot that is NOT needed by an already existing item (OR TWO COUGH WWP COUGH)
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:55 pm

Yeah, I agree, screw Purity.
Can you hear them?

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:08 pm

Well, yeah, I agree, but I was moreso making a general point, about how a healing item that "charges" based on conditions is kinda odd on a basic logic level... But yeah, WWP needs to be put back in the spotlight, I agree.

TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by TheLegendReborn » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:59 pm

An item that heals for x + zy where x = an initial amount, z = number of conditions on a hero and y < x by a considerable amount but large enough to make someone want to use it whilst under conditions. Obviously this wouldn't heal any more than 400 at max condition level and nor would it have a cooldown lower than 20 seconds (Probably more even) but it would give a nice patch system.

However this might not work out in the end because it encroaches on Sozen's territory in a sense because his recharge skill is basically this without conditions having any effect on it.

Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Kings_Mercy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Taking potions out would be stupid. If your opponent was smart enough to bring something in case he gets hurt while you were not and had to go back to your fountain that is your problem. as for them not working when under a condition get out of range of anything that might cause you conditions. Stop crying about everything. NO ITEMS NOT TEAMWORK NO SKILLS.

TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by TheLegendReborn » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Oh ha I thought Dusk was taking potions out, nevermind I retract what I suggested :P

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:25 am

Potions are just a boring advantage, challenging me and everyone would be cool in my opinion.
It's not that I can't play against it.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

ReDSeX
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by ReDSeX » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:54 am

Soul_Reaver wrote:... You always have to complain.

Than how about this:
Magick Stick - Whenever you receive a condition you get one charge. Each charge restores X health and Y mana.

:D
Sounds a lot like the magic wand from DotA.
Every time you cast a spell you get X amount of health/mana.

Satire?

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:05 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:Potions are just a boring advantage, challenging me and everyone would be cool in my opinion.
It's not that I can't play against it.
Just a little quick brainstorming, but wouldn't some more technically difficult healing item that perhaps has some constant minor damage effect allow for two paths, one of potions, one of this item? This item, whatever it would be, would inherently be less simple to use, but if done right, could potentially be more useful... I have no idea what it would be though, under what condition (as in the word, not like the condition system) you'd be able to use... although here's a right stupid idea

Healamajig: Bearer takes X pure damage every Y seconds (or something). When activated, bearer takes Z% more damage for the next W seconds, at the end of this time, they are healed Z% more than the total damage they took over the duration (For a net heal of Damage*(1+Z^2)).

It's not right, by a long shot, but maybe have the effect be if your at less than X% health for Y seconds (or in Y seconds from use), you are healed Z%... ... ... gah, I don't know... anybody got a better idea, other than just keeping the system as it is right now?

Return to “Updates & Discussion”