Potions

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Potions

Post by Cooldood » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:08 am

Sounds a lot like the magic wand from DotA.
Every time you cast a spell you get X amount of health/mana.
No, actually its even better, every time an ENEMY casts a spell NEAR you you get a usable charge on it o.O

Somehow, I've never found potions all that irritating... maybe because I end up playing 1v1's and 2v2's and almost never get any inhouse action. In the end its still a whole slot for something which can be well filled with something else - if someone's got one of them then just keep hitting him over the head with whatever condition inflicting spell your using, its not like you can keep purging yourself forever :?
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:02 pm

I get what Death's saying, but will Battle.Net?
Can you hear them?

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:15 pm

All these contrived ways of healing yourself are silly. Imagine a new person plays the map: "WTF my potions won't heal me" (insert RAGE QUIT)

Potions are fine imo, not like this is ToB where potions keep you in direct combat 500 hp longer. Games would take so much longer if you had to go back to the fountain every time you needed mana during a push. I'd hate it, you'd all hate it! And if someone carries a purity pot, then let them, it's one less item space (although it does make Exuro a sad puppy). However, I do agree Whitewater should be a little more useful, maybe decrease its cooldown to half that of purity or something (not sure what cooldowns are now -> I'm assuming they are the same). OR, make purity more expensive.

VOTE FOR POTIONS '09!

TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by TheLegendReborn » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:33 pm

Whitewater is a reusable item correct? (I haven't been on lately to play) If so does it really matter since over long term useage it will easily pay for itself?

OR you can be evil and use the potions in conjunction to whitewater to have 2 condition cleansers (Not sure if they share cooldowns)

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Whitewater is good, purity might be debated but are necessary, other potions should stay?

I'm only really against Purity. For the normal potions, Maybe more stacks of less healing potions. Spending 10 minutes bashing Atrius down to critical health only to have him heal immediately is really annoying.
Can you hear them?

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:53 pm

get rid of potions. I don't use them and them being removed would put more emphasis on items like Whitewater that are generally ignored.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by TheLegendReborn » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:54 pm

A solution could be to have potions heal %'s (Not sure if this is possible but maybe you could revamp a self healthward buff with playing around with % numbers) however this would then weaken low health heroes and buff high health heroes. In the end there is no way to actually stop a low health hero from getting back to full in the flash of a potion but the fact stands that a low health hero is the same low health hero so just nuke him with some team assistance.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:57 pm

That'll probably be best, it keeps the potions more equalish.
Can you hear them?

TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by TheLegendReborn » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:24 pm

But if you have it in such a percentage fashion it either nerfs it hardcore to a point of no return for low hp classes or that it buffs it hardcore again to a point of no return. Unless you want to have a complicated formula such as:

Heals for x capping at y% of hero's max health
Or inversely
Heals for x% of hero's max health capping at y

However this seems like a very overly complicated fix to a very minor, if not nonexistent, problem.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:37 pm

Make it have a delay before using, then?

TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by TheLegendReborn » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:56 pm

I think the only change that could/should be supported is that the potion follows a rampup formula IE:
Health healed = x ^ (y*z) where x = initial health healed, y = seconds, z = random multiplier to make it all work out

Basically in the end the same amount of health is healed but the short term gains are lower leaving the long term gains to be as good as they have ever been.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”