Physical and Magical Conditions

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Jirinal
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Physical and Magical Conditions

Post by Jirinal » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:22 am

Today i had an idea to think about while i finished my round of doe and worked on my map.
It was because Dusk´s 2 attack types system with magical and physical, there are many physical conditions but iam wondering if someone would say hey that is a magical condition.

Lets take burn here, its one of the rare non physical conditions. First of why i think it is non physical?
Well if you get hit by a sword you can be crippled or maimed, if you get hit by a hammer you can get stunned or knocked down. Or just start to bleed.
But you dont start to burn when you get hit by a sword or mace or lance or arrow, well maybe if its torched but that would be mostly magic stuff. Or which hero runs around with a torch...
So this isnt a condition that is physical.

The others are Mute? Invisble? Ethereal? Though only mute is a condition Dusk works alot with, Invisibility isnt a realy condition i think and ethereal, isnt there only one hero who can use it?

Iam not sure what i want to say with this thread, i just wanted to put it in the room that there aint enough magical conditions.
Maybe someone gets an good idea and will make something out of it, else just close it :P

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Re: Physical and Magical Conditions

Post by Deschain » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:32 am

Invisible and Ethereal are more states than conditions. Since they aren't inflicted upon you.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:10 am

Conditions on the whole have no distinction between magickal or physical mechanically. All condition damage (Bleed/Burn) is magickal, and the other things don't do damage so the distinction doesn't even need to exist.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Jirinal
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Jirinal » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:13 am

Heh ya, thanks for the answers this clears my mind up.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”