1.10c Discussion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: 1.10c Discussion

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:01 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:Dis can stun himself when using Distruction with the dragonfang trident. (And you're suffering a condition)
Trade-off 101.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:45 am

I believe that is an "oh snap" rebuttal.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:14 am

It's not like I mind it back firing on Dis, as the blinding boots make him RAPE. Besides, with cripple stun is fairly useless anyway.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

FannyShaver
Champion Noobite

Post by FannyShaver » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:25 pm

My feedback;

I do play DoE very often on Europe, and I think that my feedback might be useful.
I think that there should be some kind of item (kinda ward) showing invisible units, good for Tristan and Atrius. Right now there is optic amulet, working on the way similar to faerie fire, but if I won't use it on the ghost-fella before he will go he's invis, he will just disappear and go home to heal - which I think is bullshit. Another thing connected with Tristan is Umbra, should have a bit shorter range, I think 400 would be all right, and path of shadows should have like 10 second cooldown.

Other thing is, the way of winning the match, usually targeting northern or southern outpost, and if guys can defend themselves later, they will just guard their home, and wait for the units to destroy enemy city from the sides. Isn't it better to let units run from the city? Like in DotA? I think there could be some sort of outpost overthere, meant to protect the fountain only, if lost, enemy takes the control of the fountain and we have lost trebuchet. I think this is good prize, because our enemy will have an access to his fountain lot closer. Crumbling the fountain in the city is also bad idea in my opinion.

I'm finding DoE lot better than DotA since I played it for the first time, just because in DotA it's items, that are worth a lot, in DoE those are spells, so there's no overfed chars really, as those can be killed easily, whoever played DotA for a while knows, that overfed Sven means game over. In DoE ietms counts, but not as much as in DotA. Just because of that I'm finding it more balanced.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:11 pm

FannyShaver wrote:My feedback;

I do play DoE very often on Europe, and I think that my feedback might be useful.
I think that there should be some kind of item (kinda ward) showing invisible units, good for Tristan and Atrius. Right now there is optic amulet, working on the way similar to faerie fire, but if I won't use it on the ghost-fella before he will go he's invis, he will just disappear and go home to heal - which I think is bullshit. Another thing connected with Tristan is Umbra, should have a bit shorter range, I think 400 would be all right, and path of shadows should have like 10 second cooldown.

Other thing is, the way of winning the match, usually targeting northern or southern outpost, and if guys can defend themselves later, they will just guard their home, and wait for the units to destroy enemy city from the sides. Isn't it better to let units run from the city? Like in DotA? I think there could be some sort of outpost overthere, meant to protect the fountain only, if lost, enemy takes the control of the fountain and we have lost trebuchet. I think this is good prize, because our enemy will have an access to his fountain lot closer. Crumbling the fountain in the city is also bad idea in my opinion.

I'm finding DoE lot better than DotA since I played it for the first time, just because in DotA it's items, that are worth a lot, in DoE those are spells, so there's no overfed chars really, as those can be killed easily, whoever played DotA for a while knows, that overfed Sven means game over. In DoE ietms counts, but not as much as in DotA. Just because of that I'm finding it more balanced.
Invis detection is good enough. You get blind immunity, so boohoo.
Tristan is not imba, people just fail to kill him.
I don't understand your idea of 'let units run from the city' so I will disregard that.
The fountain-outpost thing is silly, DoE is meant to be quickly paced. And the idea is too similar to the generator of AotZ anyway.
No overfed chars really. Lulz. You haven't seen me!
Incorrect, anyone overfed in DotA means game over.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:23 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:I don't understand your idea of 'let units run from the city' so I will disregard that.
I think he means that all creeps should spawn from the main base, rather then from the outposts.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:58 am

Phox wrote:
SetaSoujirou wrote:I don't understand your idea of 'let units run from the city' so I will disregard that.
I think he means that all creeps should spawn from the main base, rather then from the outposts.
That's silly. That's WHY you break the outposts to begin with.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Tupolev
Noobite Warrior

Post by Tupolev » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:17 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:That's silly. That's WHY you break the outposts to begin with.
Indeed. But the point Fanny was trying to make was that the game ends too fast from outpost smashing.

Which is interesting, because DoE's fairly fast full games even in reasonably fair situations is one thing that makes it awesome IMO.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:45 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:No overfed chars really. Lulz. You haven't seen me!
Obesity doesn't count Seta.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:56 am

Would anyone be terribly averse if I just released 1.11 without any Tristan/Janise remakes? It's all done except for that, and I feel like I've kept you all waiting long enough as it is.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:06 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Would anyone be terribly averse if I just released 1.11 without any Tristan/Janise remakes? It's all done except for that, and I feel like I've kept you all waiting long enough as it is.
Like anyone would say no! :lol:

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:12 am

Janise is cool as is. I'm not bitching about Tristan.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:34 am

Uhm, sure. I mean, you can always release those in the future...

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:20 am

I agree with everyone else, on the go ahead and release it front. Not really too sure as to what the changes Janise and Tristan are even, but I'm sure things will be perfectly fine without them. Not to mention, we're all anxiously waiting for the new items.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:34 am

TheDeathstalker wrote:I agree with everyone else, on the go ahead and release it front. Not really too sure as to what the changes Janise and Tristan are even, but I'm sure things will be perfectly fine without them. Not to mention, we're all anxiously waiting for the new items.
More like a reason to play DoE again. Lolz.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”