1.07 Discussion

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Steve
Revenent of the Replies
Location: Dropping lasers or meteors on some unfortunate bystander... what?

Re: 1.07 Discussion

Post by Steve » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:05 pm

He can OWN waves later in the game, though... Keen Edge + 5 Ardor + Damnation, maxed WW and Razor Edge too.

Loki was there that game, I was just spinning through waves and raping horribly.
The enemy are in disarray, ride them down as they run
Send them to their violent graves, don't spare anyone
Dead and wounded lie all around, see the pain in their eyes
Over the field an eerie sound, as we hear the raven's cry

TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by TheLegendReborn » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:57 pm

Steve wrote:Legend, it's already like... 15% or so... >_>
I said the crit bonus percentage (So instead of at max being like 350% it should be 250%)
That's the only thing that makes Rikter more than "just another blademaster hero." Seriously, it's freakin' amazingly original to have a bladestorm count just like an attack, but to an area. Hell, his bladestorm is really funny when he's blinded, you see like 50 'stray' messages, it's great. Maim rapes it too.
But I'd rather have "another blademaster hero" that is balanced vs an original one that goes around critting for 300+ to everything in sight. Also how many heroes on the Order are able to blind or maim?

I am seriously fine with him being cool and original to the WC3 player base but if it means sacrificing balance then hell no. He used to be a "straight up attacker" and I never heard any complaints about him so isn't it logical that if you give a buff to a hero who is considered balanced that he will become overpowered?

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Post by TargetPractice » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:20 pm

TheLegendReborn wrote:On that note I would like to say that Rikter should not be able to crit within his bladestorm due to the fact that it accelerates his attacks to such a point where he can just spin like a top demolishing almost anything in his path.

Well that isn't true, I would be fine with Rikter being able to crit in a bladestorm IF the crit bonus percentage was lowered.
Rikter is fine...

Your forgetting, sure he can do that, but generally he wants his hp for hero killing, not to get it blasted away killing creeps
and there is no gurantee youll get the 15% chance every time, so whirlwinding the creeps sometimes is a waste IMO, not only that, but rather than a 15% chance for 560% wtfhax damage, its only like...60%...compared to what his passive does by itself that is pretty wimpy

Wufei
Champion Noobite

Post by Wufei » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:08 am

I concur with those people who say Rikter is just fine. His moves can be dodged, and basically the whole purpose of his moves are 'you get hit, you are so screwed'. He actually seems very much of an assault/support hero, because as soon as conditions are applied on enemies, Rikter comes in and gives his two dollars. The bladestorm skill is not rigged in the least, since it reduces damage to 60% per hit, so that would do what... 15% chance of around 2x damage with the Bladestorm. That's exactly as a blademaster, and I don't think that a blademaster would be rigged in DoE. Just sayin' xD

del_diablo
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by del_diablo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Rikter is one of my favorite heroes, simply because he is capabel of doing a full scale rambo assault against careless foes.
Blind rapes him, and he can easly be killed by a few creeps. I think Ruin condition kind of nerfs him down these days, and lowering the crit would ruin him completly due it is what people assosiate with him too.
Dont challange the lazy, he are godlike serius.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:46 pm

I've now played Skittel. He's fun. I'd declare Innert overpowered, but I've yet to play him.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:05 pm

I have seen Storm play really well as Innert. But I'll let you guys decide on that if you ever get to see him play as him.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Blind
Champion Noobite

Post by Blind » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:57 pm

I just think Schism is imbalanced in how easily it applies extended blind to creeps. The mute isn't the problem, the blind is. I say get rid of it entirely and just widen the radius, it'd be better off.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:47 pm

i thot schism only silenced
I swear to drunk im not god.

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:15 pm

Blind wrote:I just think Schism is imbalanced in how easily it applies extended blind to creeps. The mute isn't the problem, the blind is. I say get rid of it entirely and just widen the radius, it'd be better off.
Schism mutes Innert but mutes and blinds enemies who are caught in the AoE.
Look at Atrius, he blinds with a spell that costs even less mana, why isn't anyone referring to him?
(Don't tell me it's because he has 800 hp at level 18 and that it's his job to kill people.)

Innert's Dismission Aura is the big problem against creeps, anything near you takes damage and they're ruined.

Steve
Revenent of the Replies
Location: Dropping lasers or meteors on some unfortunate bystander... what?

Post by Steve » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:17 pm

So then Schism mutes creeps and does modest damage? When did creeps have meaningful spells?
The enemy are in disarray, ride them down as they run
Send them to their violent graves, don't spare anyone
Dead and wounded lie all around, see the pain in their eyes
Over the field an eerie sound, as we hear the raven's cry

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:36 pm

No, Schism mutes enemies.
RadON wrote: Schism mutes Innert but mutes and blinds enemies who are caught in the AoE.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:24 pm

I think Schism should either have a smaller area of effect or have a shorter range. During one game, I played as Innert, and I wiped out a Bane tower (from full health) by using Blank, and then just using Schism over and over again without the tower attacking me (and there were no enemies around for the tower to attack).

If you use Schism on a tower, but you target the tower with the outer edges of the spell, then you can hit the tower without being attacked. I think the range should be shortened by like 100 to prevent this.

Just something to think about for the next 1.07.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:27 pm

Blind wrote:I just think Schism is imbalanced in how easily it applies extended blind to creeps. The mute isn't the problem, the blind is. I say get rid of it entirely and just widen the radius, it'd be better off.
But Innert is also muted after using Schism (unless Blank is working), so he can't keep enemies blinded and muted for a ridiculous amount of time.

Plus, widening the radius would make it even more imbalanced, as I pointed out in my previous post.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Blind
Champion Noobite

Post by Blind » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:40 pm

Look at Atrius, he blinds with a spell that costs even less mana, why isn't anyone referring to him?
Because if Atrius isn't invisible for even a second against the creeps, he gets shredded. Innert, however, can just drop it and laugh at the enemies as they do nothing against him. Also, creeps have to be standing IN it at all times to stay blind. If he's invisible, they'll just walk right out of it and suddenly he has to cast it 3-5 times just to keep a large squad blind. Notice how in my last post I said --
I just think Schism is imbalanced in how easily it applies extended blind to creeps
Atrius' Sandstorm is not extended, unless by some radical definition you think 2 seconds is a long time. Innert's is, however.
...so he can't keep enemies blinded and muted for a ridiculous amount of time.
Of course he can... The self-mute is way shorter than the blind it induces.
Plus, widening the radius would make it even more imbalanced, as I pointed out in my previous post.
So reduce the range to compensate. I still stand by my opinion that it needs a wider radius, especially to adjust for saccing blind. (Something I think is damned necessary)

Return to “Updates & Discussion”