Quotes from the Lore

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Quotes from the Lore

Post by assassingao » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:45 pm

Yeah, let's just say I have too much time

I got all of these from Dusk's Random signature (old boards), but if you have any new ones, post up!
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a meteor."
~ Scamp
"Skip -- AHA -- FIRE, YES! What?! Where! AHHHAH!"
~ Scamp, Normal day
"It writhes! IT WRITHES! From the bowels of flesh and sinew ripped free, I bring to you a powerful tale, my soliloquy; welcome to your tragedy! The antagonist, you see, comes forth from the depths to thee, behold, mortals, my MIGHTY GENOBEE!!"
~ Vertejaune, The Onslaught of Genobee
"You came with an entire army just to bring one man to his knees! I am honored, don't disappoint me now!"
~ Tornne, Last Stand Against the Bane
"Damned I make this job look easy."
~ Ezekiel Rein
"I will always remember your name mortal, for when I am again free of the ties that bind, I will see your head on a spear outside of Argon, my future kingdom. My fall here means nothing... For even in death, I breed victory."
~ Anick Skirdge, Banishment of the Blood God
"Zhall, with me! Scillio, bring up the rear guard! We will penetrate their defenses and distract them long enough for Kisrug to engage Legion! DEATH OR GLORY!"
~ Brother Astelan, The Beginning of the End
"You were a fool to throw your life away. Nobility does not lessen the cost of war, but with you out of the way this has become all the easier for us. Imbecile."
~ Anick Skirdge, Brother Victor's Sacrifice
"Alright! Stick with me Gorgeous, we've both got someone we have to get back from those bastards and I've no intention of letting some self-proclaimed shadow Gods keep us from what we're here for!"
~ Ezekiel Rein, to Twilight Solana
"I am but what time has made me out to be, for who I am is nothing, and in nothing I have everything, but that which could be sought. I exist and therefore I am, I am that is."
~ Kisrug Dins, Ascension
"You were a thorn in our side, Janise, but we have a greater use for you than death...Welcome to the Bane of Eternity..."
~ Grayl, Myriad's Tomb
"Come to me champion of terror and harbinger of death! Your God could not stand to me, and no hell spawn of his will do him better!"
~ Brother Astelan, Beginning of the End
"You have no idea the things yet to come to this world. You have seen nothing, Kree, and in your vanity you will never see more than that. You are too late to stop us now."
~ Glasse Ahrsonne, Tides of the First War
"When my God's shadow falls upon this world, you Dins, will be mine."
~ Azzr, The Fall of Azzr
"I would love to accept your challenge, Dins. You see, my master has a bone to pick with you... And you being so willing to simply hand all of yours over is quite fortuitous."
~ Legion, the Beginning of the End
"I'LL MAKE IT FIT!"
~ Scamp
"You exile us and then overextend yourselves and chase us to the ends of your world? Your arrogance will be your undoing! Come to me Kisrug Dins, my God awaits your sacrifice!"
~ Azzr, The Desert of Exile
"Hey now, buddy... Why can't we just be friends again?"
~ Ezekiel Rein, Speaking to Izen
"My God... What have they -- I done to you... Lunera! I swear by our mother's sacrifice that I will right this wrong!"
~ Solana, of Lunera
"Little girl, you know nothing of the deceit your race plays upon the recesses of your mind. Join us; your sister and I will appreciate your ability far more than those people who abuse you so."
~ Legion, An Offering"
"CHAOS BRINGS DEATH, DEATH BRINGS BLOOD! AND BY MY HANDS IT WILL RAIN BLOOD TODAY!"
~ Khazarch Skirdge, Ascent of the Blood God's Champion
"Catch this, pretty-boy!"
~ Ezekiel Rein
"I have faced death, and I have quenched its thirst. I have faced deceit, and I have seen through its lies. And I have seen the end... But even in all of its glory, it was only the beginning..."
~ Arro Kree, Hope's End
"My dearest Brother, it is not faith that will guide us through this. Let me show you the darker side of this world..."
~ Tristan, Shadowsworn Sentinel
(Not sure of this one...)
"WE ARE THE END OF ALL LIVING THINGS, WE ARE THE PLAGUE THAT RENDS THE FLESH, WE ARE THE IMMORTAL WILL OF THE BANE! WE ARE ONE, AND I AM THE MYRIAD!"
~ Myriad, the Reawakening
"What have I done... Curse you Azzr, even in death you plague me! I will end this, and in my ascension you and your kin will be nothing but dust in the wind!"
~ Kisrug Dins, The Second War Begins
"There is no hope where we must go, only despair and the demons that come with it."
~ Zhall Warhorn, To Land's End
"YOUR SKULL IS MY GOD'S ONLY WISH! COME TO ME AND DIE, MORTAL!"
~ Khazarch Skirdge, Beginning of the End
"What you are now, I once was. What I am now, so shall you be."
~ Grayl
"Remember me, scourge, always remember that Brother Astelan, a human, defeated you, a would-be God! Return to your hell, FALL FROM GRACE!"
~ Brother Astelan, Banishment of the Blood God
"Let's take this world be storm man!" "I'm with you, Zeek, let's put a bullet in their asses and show the ladies what real men can do!"
~ Ezekiel & Izen Rein, Adventure Begins
"For our gods walk amongst us Violet...while yours...choose to remain silent."
Last edited by assassingao on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Quotes from the Lore

Post by Loki » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:03 pm

I had most of them stored in my bot before my reformat. Good job at dedication. lol
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:06 pm

If only I were this motivated, I would maybe do one project a year :D

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:21 am

Yeah...

I want more from Dusk himself, but he seemed to be busy.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:12 am

In school, I meant.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:44 pm

I post quotes in my signature/elsewhere when I'm inspired, not when asked. It's cute, though, nice that you have a list, for what it matters.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:20 am

I see, if you're updating the random sig, then I'll be looking for 'em later on :P.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”