Trebs in Mid only

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Trebs in Mid only

Post by Flameboy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:45 am

I've played a 4v4 mid only yesterday, and noticed the impact of trebs on the game.

We bought 2 golems & 2 dragons, pushed massivelly, only to see trebs killing everything.
Dragons tend to die before even reaching ennemy base.
Also, there is absolutly no way to get rid of trebs, and since there is only 2 lanes, the chances they won't be busy somewhere else and that they'll stop your push is pretty high.

So either remove them completly or having just one would be nice, because an only mid game 4v4 lasting 55 minutes....thats not DoE.

Note: We won only when 1 guy left, making it 4v2 (as the caliga didn't exactly count, he was 0-0-16)

Merlin
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: Trebs in Mid only

Post by Merlin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:54 am

Ah, the joys of unforeseen consequences.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:09 am

I just thought about it, and there is something else that had a huge impact: 30 seconds respawn. Kinda fast. But oxy told me it was going to be changed so I guess thats not a problem anymore

Or maybe just a damage reduction or something would be fine, to keep the condition part.

Note that its in ''mid only'' i'm talking about, not normal games. In normal game I guess they're fine.

Or make a way to destroy them? Like usually, you destroy the side bases to do that. If there could be something you could do. But I have no idea what

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:22 am

Destroy the three towers guarding a lane, destroy the corresponding trebuchet?

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:02 pm

But to do that you have to get inside the base OR kill 3 towers without creeps with his pretty impossible.

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:56 am

He means the ones on the battlefield, not in base.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:44 am

Ok sorry I misunderstood, I thought the towers back in the base that aren't reoved to prevent backdoor

And this change would actually give importance to those tower cuz most of the time we don't care if they die

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:13 am

Maybe midonly trebs would be like, right outside the main base towers (the ones with walls), and have a lot of health, so it creates epicness? Only that'd delay the game, alot.

And if that would happen, the trebs would need a minimum range.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

VZManticoran

Post by VZManticoran » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:22 pm

Actually, putting them in mid would be kind of fun, when I think about it... Problem, though, is that because of the way creeps 'see', if the trebs were attacking they'd be visible, and the creeps would charge them at exclusion of the towers. They would need to be made into buildings.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Flameboy wrote:I've played a 4v4 mid only yesterday, and noticed the impact of trebs on the game.

We bought 2 golems & 2 dragons, pushed massivelly, only to see trebs killing everything.
Dragons tend to die before even reaching ennemy base.
Also, there is absolutly no way to get rid of trebs, and since there is only 2 lanes, the chances they won't be busy somewhere else and that they'll stop your push is pretty high.

So either remove them completly or having just one would be nice, because an only mid game 4v4 lasting 55 minutes....thats not DoE.

Note: We won only when 1 guy left, making it 4v2 (as the caliga didn't exactly count, he was 0-0-16)
This is true. Normally, the trebuchets kill all around the map. With the lane removal, close to half of their target area is gone, leaving 2 to dominate 2 lanes which are close together.

Maybe having only 1 trebuchet for a 2-lane game would work? It kind of replicates the original settings, but keeps the high damage and condition duration (an incentive to avoid them)
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:06 pm

I'd say one trebuchet for two lanes, since that is fractionally equivalent to two trebuchets for four lanes.

Flameboy
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Flameboy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Hydrolisk wrote:I'd say one trebuchet for two lanes, since that is fractionally equivalent to two trebuchets for four lanes.
False, because the 2 lanes join up, so when ur 2 pushes join up to kill base, 1 single hit decimate 2 lanes

Bregan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Bregan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:33 pm

false, 1 treb hit does not do that. damage yes, but decimate the way two shots do, no. besides, such treb action at the joining point can be found in regular games anyway.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:52 pm

imo in mid only mode add two bases at the top and bottom lanes, and when they're destroyed ( the bases ), the trebs are also destroyed, how about that?

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:53 pm

Just removes heroes from the lanes to go backdoor, ruining the fun and idea of midonly.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Return to “Updates & Discussion”