Trebs in Mid only

This is where all random discussion about DoE goes. If it doesn't feel like it fits anywhere else but is still related to the map, this is the place to post it.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Trebs in Mid only

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:56 pm

I should probably have them attack random targets or something. Might make them more unpredictable, though.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:06 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:I should probably have them attack random targets or something.
This.

I think it'd pretty cool if they weren't predictable.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:14 pm

They should still target enemy units, but both should target random units (sometimes both hit the same, other times not). Also, it'd be nice to not have them focus on one unit until it's dead, but instead fire once, then select a new target (again, could be the same one as before), limiting the targets to non-buildings, non-heroes, non-wards, and all the other target requirements.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:19 am

Make wards a priority LOL.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:46 am

Hell_Tempest wrote:Make wards a priority LOL.
Burrowed Skit imo.

No really though, the only problem I have with trebs is them hitting the same lane over, over, over and over again. Nothing like buying a push against none ( since you just scored 7 kills ) left to defend, only to get it smacked, smacked and smacked again by trebs, to dust. Random would be nice, honestly.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:19 pm

Speaking of trebuchet targets, can they target invisible units (those under Glasse's Refraction effect)?
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:18 pm

If you do random targets, just remember to exclude buildings.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:24 pm

Greenspawn wrote:Speaking of trebuchet targets, can they target invisible units (those under Glasse's Refraction effect)?
They shouldn't, unless they have actual sight of them, and if regular creeps don't, nor should the trebuchets.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:10 pm

They would most likely target Glasse and hit the invis units though.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:21 pm

Hell_Tempest wrote:They would most likely target Glasse and hit the invis units though.
They don't target heroes.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:37 pm

Oh, w/e.

Return to “Updates & Discussion”