Fall of Faility

This is where all discussion of WC3 mapmaking should be held. This forum exists particularly for mapmaking needs. If you have a question on how something works or have need for some code review, this is the place to put it.
Phox
Letter Linguist

Re: Fall of Faility

Post by Phox » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:39 pm

I actually started a map like that a while back, Jirinal. The concept was basically to have morale be a third stat.

What I had was that each creep had fairly low damage, which was boosted by a morale value that ranged from 1 to 100 (yielding anywhere from +1 to +100 damage). It started at 25 when the creeps spawned. This value was effected by hero abilities. I experimented for a while with having other factors effect it (creep deaths, being outnumbered, etc.) but it got too complicated.

Heroes also had morale values, which ranged from +0 to +50. This value, in addition to effecting their damage, often made their spells more or less effective.

I stopped working on the map after a realized that I really didn't have the skill to take the system to it's full potential (I was using mostly GUI with a lot of custom script at the time) and that I had neither the time, nor the motivation to learn JASS and redo the map. Which was kind of a shame, really. I always thought it was a pretty good idea.

Return to “Custom Map Creation”