Fall of Trinity

All discussion relating to WC3 on the whole should be posted in this forum. If you are looking for beta testers or would like to advertise your map, do so here. All sub-forums created for specific maps over the duration of this website's existence are located in this forum.
Phox
Letter Linguist

Re: Fall of Trinity

Post by Phox » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:42 pm

I think it's the same as the one on here. It might have had some numbers after it, but if it did I don't remember. I don't think so though.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:11 pm

If he left to do this map on his own because he doesn't want to be with us anymore. Let him be then. Though, I did see him enter the channel on my bot earlier this day(Or yesterday).
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:19 pm

He came in asking if anyone was around or something like that. Yesterday I think.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:26 pm

hola

yes I did die. but I still play warcraft, and I still toss ideas around for this map. I might just create a team, because as you can see I am very slow... like Slowpoke-slow, or Arke-slow.

And yes, you guys are mean, but that wasn't my reasoning for not hanging with you guys. I just got bored of DoE for a bit and joined clan OVRD to play some AotZ.

I've had some hero contests on OVRD's forum for FoT and I've accepted one hero so far from them.
You can post stuff at my http://z15.invisionfree.com/Override/in ... F&f=14&st= subforum if you want more information or are keen on helping out the project.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:14 pm

I don't understand.. How can you have accepted one of the heroes if no one has posted one in the hero contests? Or did you delete the contest of the completed hero already?
Your move.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:32 pm

Override has had some rough relations with a few individuals. Much of OVRD is composed of former members of Clan WepN. The Clan itself was devoted to uniting skilled AOS players under the banner of one Dagger, who went by so many pseudonyms that he was renamed FCN—Frequently Changes Names. Dagger's leadership proved to be unsatisfactory. A skilled player and former member of Clan VZ,Dagger fell prey to a terrible shortcoming: he defined himself by the game. He believed himself to be infalliable and on a level of skill far beyond that which anyone else was capable of achieving. He was ipsedixitic, maudlin, and haughty, when he wasn't completely unintelligible.
Tell your chieftain to fix that because he was never a part of VZ. That's one of his many lies he likes to spread around.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Of also tell them it's Frequently Changed Name, not Frequently Changes Names, I should know, I thought it up. Also do what Loki said, he was never part of VZ. Other than that I agree with almost everything there.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:03 pm

I don't understand why the author of that paragraph felt the need to sound smarter than they clearly are by using words that don't exist. Ipsedixitism is a word, but it is not a word when used as an adjective.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:59 pm

Eh, it roots back to some stupid primal instinct to sound as impressive as possible, even if you aren't. Intelligence is impressive to most people, so people often want to sound intelligent.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:02 pm

Please leave the critiquing of my clan in another thread or pm :D

@ Cold - I have accepted a hero for my first Contest. He hero runs along the lines of the "Angry Dwarf" stereotype, but it does it well for a change. Some of the threads in my sub-forum haven't been responded to in a while so you might have to go down to the bottom and set it so it shows all threads from forever, because for some retarded reasons it likes to not display old threads. ;*(

@ Cold and anyone else that wants to suggest heroes, my template is here = http://z15.invisionfree.com/Override/in ... owtopic=53

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:46 pm

You mean my template, just modified for your map's level scheme and copied and pasted onto your site with a spot for synergy. (Don't kid yourself, if the synergy isn't obvious the hero is terrible) Good luck making the map and all, but be forewarned that if you plan to use those accepted heroes verbatim you're going to run into a hero design brick wall... If you haven't already.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:13 pm

but be forewarned that if you plan to use those accepted heroes verbatim you're going to run into a hero design brick wall
Excuse me, but I guess I am not as cultured as the Great Dusky, since I do not know the definition of the word Verbatim. I would also like to say that yes, I know my ideas are very sloppy and unfinished and just generally "Blah", but I hope that I can pull the ideas together into a clean and stable map. Unfortunately I lack the ability to create 8-12 awesome heroes for my maps first version, without drawing on other's ideas.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:23 pm

Excuse me, but I guess I am not as cultured as the Great Dusky, since I do not know the definition of the word Verbatim.
Hunh? Don't be bitter, I was in no way insulting your intelligence no matter how much you'd like to think I was. In that regard, I'd appreciate you do not insult mine. Verbatim is a commonly used term, though. Sorry for seeming intent on vexing you.
Unfortunately I lack the ability to create 8-12 awesome heroes for my maps first version, without drawing on other's ideas.
That's what those other ideas are for, you just have to be able to distinguish between the good and the bad... And then identify with your own map. It's not quite as easy as just taking a bunch of ideas from elsewhere and hoping they work well together! There's a huge development stage that should go into every map, AoS or not!

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:07 am

*gasp* I must apologise, Dusk. I should have added a ":D" to the end of that, because I was not offended. I was simply acting foolish. Sorry for the confusion.

And thank you for your advise ^_^ I greatly appreciate it!

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:34 pm

So... just for a nice update, we currently have the Morale system pretty much finalized, and we almost had the terrain done, but we have been having some trouble and might have to re-do it... We have a few accepted heroes (not set in stone JUST yet) If anyone feels that they have a hero suggestion that would be well suited, don't be afraid to either post it on our forums or simply PM me it here to save time :D

Return to “Generic Warcraft 3 Chat”