Tob O beta is out

All discussion relating to WC3 on the whole should be posted in this forum. If you are looking for beta testers or would like to advertise your map, do so here. All sub-forums created for specific maps over the duration of this website's existence are located in this forum.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Tob O beta is out

Post by Oxygen » Sat May 15, 2010 5:17 pm

and it blows

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Tob O beta is out

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sat May 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Still waiting for Carnage, Oxy. You filled my mind with such wondrously fun Hero ideas, I'm hoping it comes to fruition.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat May 15, 2010 7:51 pm

TheDeathstalker wrote:Still waiting for Carnage, Oxy. You filled my mind with such wondrously fun Hero ideas, I'm hoping it comes to fruition.
go on youtube type carnage

also, it probably won't make it. Wc3 blows now. ;/

Desolatorr
Noobite Warrior

Post by Desolatorr » Sat May 15, 2010 9:51 pm

Oxygen wrote:
TheDeathstalker wrote:Still waiting for Carnage, Oxy. You filled my mind with such wondrously fun Hero ideas, I'm hoping it comes to fruition.
go on youtube type carnage

also, it probably won't make it. Wc3 blows now. ;/
all i'm seeing is spiderman clips

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat May 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Woops. I totally meant to say "carnage aos". I didn't make spiderman, that trash. Though, I wish I had the money... Err, I digress.

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Sun May 16, 2010 7:00 am

Is it even worth me getting in on this discussion?

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sun May 16, 2010 8:26 am

Download it and give it a try, I suppose.

It's awesome.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun May 16, 2010 10:00 am

Half the spells are nothing short of the most cleverly disguised stormbolts ever.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Sun May 16, 2010 10:30 am

Oxygen wrote:Half the spells are nothing short of the most cleverly disguised stormbolts ever.
Lol I tried two heroes so far and they both had a stormbolt.
Like the ice/fire tauren dude, the art and theme is awesome and all, but gameplay-wise it just feels like he's still stuck in 2006.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Sun May 16, 2010 11:27 am

Wow... I feel sorry for your mouse, Oxy. You click a whole heck of a lot. I mean.. more than once, I noticed you clicking the exact same spot two, three, even four times! For no reason!

Anyhow... Has anyone, aside from (I'm assuming) Fleder actually tried it out in a full game? If not, we should. Might as well give it a shot. oO

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sun May 16, 2010 11:40 am

Despite the new terrain and spells the whole thing feels... old. I don't mean primitive or smelly... just old.
I guess those who loved ToB should be pleased. I haven't played it in multiplayer yet so yeah, I'm missing a lot. Either way its not complete or balanced in any way, shape or form so commenting on it is pointless at best.

Mechanically there are lot of clever little things - like the Reliquary (though not many spells can target it), cooldown reduction (anyone here knows who to increase/decrease cooldown of abilities?) and the socketing system. Also some of the mechanics aren't explained: I understand spell reflect and attack reflect and even spell critical, but what is spell absorption? Does the damage get nulled, turned into mana, reduced?

IMO from items available I think the best way to play is to make a Mirror Inquisitor build. Get 2 shoes, go for Typhoon Armor (or maybe that spell reflect thingy) with life or strength sockets and tank towers. Avoid creeps at all costs just go for the towers. Focus on one tower pummel it to the ground, rinse and repeat.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun May 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Scarlet wrote:Wow... I feel sorry for your mouse, Oxy. You click a whole heck of a lot. I mean.. more than once, I noticed you clicking the exact same spot two, three, even four times! For no reason!
Actually, I wasn't clicking half as much as I usually do, because using fraps actually lags me :!

Especially with SC2, my APM has probably doubled ever since, ha. Yes, mouse is in bad state.

Scarlet wrote:Anyhow... Has anyone, aside from (I'm assuming) Fleder actually tried it out in a full game? If not, we should. Might as well give it a shot. oO
I did, full inhouse. I just kept ulting their entire team with boat, getting 4-5 instant kill, and that would refresh the cooldown due to the item that refreshes your ulti after landing a kill. It was re-tar-ded.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sun May 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Well say what you can, its better starting off imba and nerfing it down than starting meh and nerfing it to oblivion.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sun May 16, 2010 10:10 pm

The disappointing thing is that you can tell there are some incredible things that they made possible in ToB O, but it really isn't used to where it's actually enjoyable. It's a real shame.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 17, 2010 1:42 am

I'd prefer to not really say much here about it, but I did find it a bit dry. For all of the technical marvel that went into developing it, the core of the game just isn't as exciting in multiplayer as I was hoping it'd be. It didn't give me a rush to play it, the games still take a crazy long time to complete, and for some reason the flashy effects of many of the spells seemed lost on me. I tried to go into it with an open mind, but maybe my expectations were just too high; I actually feel... Let down, to be completely honest.

Anyway, big time congrats to the authors for getting it out at long last. I expect a lot of people are very happy right now. :)

If you guys want to continue discussing it, be forewarned that I will be moderating posts in the discussion heavily. I will not stand for any flaming or generally insensitive and unruly posts here.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Generic Warcraft 3 Chat”