Starship Troopers.

All discussion relating to WC3 on the whole should be posted in this forum. If you are looking for beta testers or would like to advertise your map, do so here. All sub-forums created for specific maps over the duration of this website's existence are located in this forum.
Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Starship Troopers.

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Well, this little sometimes fun minigame needs some freshening up. All the ones floating around now either suck or are total ripoffs of StarCraft, or a combination of the two. The last good version I've seen was th15's Starship Troopers: Zulu Angel. That one was truly awesome, with almost realistic fighting, and since now we have more advanced coding techniques compared to when th15 made that one probably years ago, I thought that the project maybe could be restarted by someone who's actually familiar with Starship Troopers, using ZA as reference. It wouldn't be complicated, really. Just a suit with abilities, spawning waves, simple terrain, and a fort with climbable walls, which would be fairly easy to get the code for, since th15 is still alive and active at Wyrdysm Games.

Can anyone with spare time either slowly teach me some basics about mapping (Does World Editor work standalone? You need the game resources, right? I should get the files somewhere and rip out WE. Unless someone has it uploaded already.) or get a start on making it? Gao, you'd be awesome, you don't seem to have an active project, but only if you're willing.

I had a plan already written out on paper, I might dig it up sometime if people are interested.
Can you hear them?

Return to “Generic Warcraft 3 Chat”