Warcraft III Reforged

All discussion relating to WC3 on the whole should be posted in this forum. If you are looking for beta testers or would like to advertise your map, do so here. All sub-forums created for specific maps over the duration of this website's existence are located in this forum.
Crevax
Server Owner/Manager

Warcraft III Reforged

Post by Crevax » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:25 am

This could be an exciting revival for custom maps. I plan on buying the game when it is released. Anybody else thinking of jumping back in?
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Warcraft III Reforged

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:10 pm

I probably won't get involved in this because I still really don't like Blizzard as a company... also remaking all of my maps sounds like a ton of work haha.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:08 am

Old maps should still be playable. There will just be SD or HD only maps, no mixing and matching for obvious reasons.
Plus they've already been improving the editor with new natives and jasshelper built in. More to come in that space too :)

So in theory you'd just need to get new art assets to make it HD :p

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:49 am

Old maps are playable, but I heard that some maps made with JASS are made unplayable by the patch.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:43 pm

Well, if folks like AR are still floating around for art assets I wouldn't mind doing an HD version of my maps, but if it requires owning WC3 Reforged then that might be a problem. I'll keep my options open I suppose. :vela:
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

AnemicRoyalty
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:45 am

Sooo... about the current state of Reforged ;P

That section of the EULA regarding Blizzard owning your WC3:R custom maps (and the stories, art and characters therein) looks problematic and the first thing I thought of was Dusk and DoE/AotZ :?

I get that they don't want another DOTA2 incident but it really sucks for people who have an original IP that they've brought to life in WC3 :<

~~~

Also, hi everyone, been a while! I'm still alive, been doing some modern game-ready character work for Unreal Engine 4 recently (which I can't show yet, unfortunately). You can check out some of my work at https://www.artstation.com/jackgilbert

Return to “Generic Warcraft 3 Chat”