Tales of...

Play games other than VZ Clan games? XBox 360, PS3, Wii, General PC, Browser-based, all of the above and more are included here. Battle it out with others to see which is the best, or just talk about your favorite games; this is the place to do it.
Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Tales of...

Post by Loki » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:14 pm

Since the Tales of... Series is my favorite RPG series. Examples are Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Abyss, and then some more. The series is based on the Aerial Linear Motion Battle System, think of it as if you were fighting in Street fighter, but with more capabilities. I am going to talk about the two new Tales games that are named, Vesperia and Symphonia: Knights of Ratatoskr.

From it's predecessor, Tales of Symphonia. Knight of Ratatosk takes place two years after the events of Tales of Symphonia. The protagonist is named Emil, and characters from the original Symphonia will return.

The story is,
Long ago, Sylvarant and Tethe'alla were united as a single world that drew strength from the Giant Kharlan Tree. Divine intervention tore them apart, however, and the Tree withered and died. It was eventually left to a boy named Lloyd to restore the world to its true form. At his journey's end, a new Tree was planted to replace the Giant Kharlan Tree and to hold the two worlds together. This was the story of the Journey of Regeneration.

Together once more, the world is now entering a new era. However, its people are still faced with many problems. After the lands became one, maps were rendered useless and the climate went through many vast changes: desert towns became frozen wastelands and lakes dried up into valleys. All of this stems from an overlooked factor in the unification of the worlds: the spirit of the old Kharlan Tree, Ratatosk, still exists somewhere, and its slumber has sent the world into chaos.

However, Ratatosk isn't the only problem: the people of the two worlds are starting to hate each other. The citizens of Tethe'alla look down upon the citizens of Sylvarant due to their inferior technology, and the citizens of Sylvarant fear the citizens of Tethe'alla because of their power. Two years have passed since the worlds were first merged, and the people of Sylvarant have created a vanguard with which to rise against the Church of Martel and the people of Tethe'alla.

One day, the Church of Martel went to war with the vanguard, and Sylvarant's city of Palmacosta was caught in the crossfire. Countless innocent people died and Palmacosta was consumed in a terrible fire. This event came to be known as the "Purge of Blood", a massacre led by Lloyd Irving of the Church of Martel

If you wish to read more, click this link about this Tales game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_S ... f_Ratatosk
For trailers(Sadly they are in Japanese, please live with it for now),
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iBTfarLVMs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaTReHTr ... re=related

Announcements of this game is said to be in the Spring of '08, news of this game coming to America has not been announced.

Tales of Vesperia is the newest announced game in the Tales of.. Franchise. It is said to come out around 2008.
Not much is known about this game except that it is rumored to be on the 360 and not on the Wii or the PS3. Production of this game is the Character Designer is Kōsuke Fujishima, the Chief Director and Producer is Yoshito Higuchi (who previously worked on both Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss), the game is being developed by Namco Tales Studio and its animated movies will be done by Production I.G. Not much is said about Vesperia since the announcing of the development was in December 22th.

Trailers of this game,
[HD Version]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nac2GF0tSM0
[LQ Version]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmInJrQe3Tk
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Bane
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Tales of...

Post by Bane » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:19 pm

Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite RPG's of all time! The story is great, the world fun to explore, and the combat brilliant. Plus, Colette names a dog Pookie in it!

I have yet to play any other Tales games, unfortunately. They're not very common in the area I live.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Nice to know that there is a Tales of Symphonia lover here <3
ImageImageImageImage

Crevax
Server Owner/Manager

Post by Crevax » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:15 pm

ToS stole my soul for a while. I still need to go through and see every ending. xD And reading about this new game made me 'gasm.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:26 pm

ToS still captivates me of the EPICNESS. xD
ImageImageImageImage

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:32 pm

I played ToS last week, it was fun. I couldn't find the so called "chefs" hidden in the background(s)
yuuki o misetsuketemo tsuyogattemo hitoei de wa iki.

Steve
Revenent of the Replies
Location: Dropping lasers or meteors on some unfortunate bystander... what?

Post by Steve » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:34 pm

ToS looks okay... I've only really played Final Fantasy in terms of RPGs though.
The enemy are in disarray, ride them down as they run
Send them to their violent graves, don't spare anyone
Dead and wounded lie all around, see the pain in their eyes
Over the field an eerie sound, as we hear the raven's cry

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Steve wrote:ToS looks okay...
Get out of my thread.
ImageImageImageImage

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Tales of Symphonia was uber fun gamageness. Too bad i rented it = / I didnt expect it to be as good as I thought it was.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:08 pm

We can all agree that ToS is one of the best RPGs created on Earth, amirite?
ImageImageImageImage

Steve
Revenent of the Replies
Location: Dropping lasers or meteors on some unfortunate bystander... what?

Post by Steve » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:34 pm

From what I've seen it may actually cause me to search for my Gamecube. I've heard good things of it, siriuz bizniz.
The enemy are in disarray, ride them down as they run
Send them to their violent graves, don't spare anyone
Dead and wounded lie all around, see the pain in their eyes
Over the field an eerie sound, as we hear the raven's cry

Mr_Poppykins
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Mr_Poppykins » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:57 am

You guys should really play Tales of Phantasia. I believe it's the first one of the series and the SNES ROM is easily findable. Unless you're against emulation or something.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:19 am

Poppy speekz teh troothz. If you guys didn't know. Tales of Phantasia was remade several times and I think their lastest remake is on the PSP for woot for those who have it. And also, Tales of Phantasia is the same world of that of Tales of Symphonia when the two worlds became one. If you try and look at the minimap screenshots and to the Tales of Phantasia map. They are similar in many aspects.
ImageImageImageImage

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:50 pm

Loki wrote:Poppy speekz teh troothz. If you guys didn't know. Tales of Phantasia was remade several times and I think their lastest remake is on the PSP for woot for those who have it. And also, Tales of Phantasia is the same world of that of Tales of Symphonia when the two worlds became one. If you try and look at the minimap screenshots and to the Tales of Phantasia map. They are similar in many aspects.
I has a PSP! This interests me.

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:07 am

There's a psp version? Sweet someone remind me to pirate it.
yuuki o misetsuketemo tsuyogattemo hitoei de wa iki.

Return to “General Gaming”