Awesomenauts

Play games other than VZ Clan games? XBox 360, PS3, Wii, General PC, Browser-based, all of the above and more are included here. Battle it out with others to see which is the best, or just talk about your favorite games; this is the place to do it.
Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Awesomenauts

Post by Deschain » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:37 pm

So anyone here played Awesomenauts yet? It's pretty awesome.
Here is a link to YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhzw8Stj3rI

Basically it's an AoS game meets platformer. It's wicked fun, but can be frustrating for some (mainly me) because of the way it's hosted (I suck as a host) - peer to peer (no dedicated servers) with rather bad netcode.

Characters are bloody brilliant, funny, the items system is refreshing and "denying" doesn't feel as bolted on.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

AnemicRoyalty
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: Awesomenauts

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:15 am

I picked it up in the Steam Indie Bundle the other day but haven't got around to installing it yet :(

Bastion however, is all kinds of awesome.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Re: Awesomenauts

Post by Deschain » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:07 am

It's clever in lots of tiny MOBA ways.
Like each character has a music theme that is heard when he does a killing streak (every 3rd kill). Or each character gets his 4x5 upgrades (five upgrades for 1st ability, 2nd ability, basic attack and utility) and can choose only three from each row (e.g. you get increased damage, attack speed and life steal, but not crit or slow).

Or how the spells fit perfectly with their character like Leon the (Assassin) Chameleon that has a tongue pull and camouflage, or Derpl that walks in a mechanical walker that transforms into a tank and shoots nuclear missiles at you, or Yuri the Russian Space Monkey - that has a jetpack, throws bombs and can warp enemies.

I however must warn that game's netcode is a piece of poo on a string (I get constant DCs, lag and it can suck in so many ways).

Funny thing, I have Bastion installed but haven't played it, because I still have to finish like 10 more started games (like GTA3, Torchlight, Path of Exile, and Rocky Balboa).
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Return to “General Gaming”