LoL

Play games other than VZ Clan games? XBox 360, PS3, Wii, General PC, Browser-based, all of the above and more are included here. Battle it out with others to see which is the best, or just talk about your favorite games; this is the place to do it.
SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

LoL

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:29 pm

League of Legends!
It's actually pretty fun, and requires a more up-to-date computer. Better than Warcraft 3 for matchmaking and stuffs. Discuss
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Re: LoL

Post by pandamanar » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:35 pm

I've played two matches so far, and I enjoy it. Brush and Ability Power are nice additions, but some aspects of the HUD have gotten on my nerves, like tiny health bars and inventory spaces. The Heroes aren't mind-blowing or anything, which is appropriate, since its the "spiritual" successor to Dota, but its still fun. Items are uninspired, but once again, its to be expected. Whats funny is that the one thing that turned me off so much at first glance, the art style, is now the thing I appreciate most. Its cartoony, even though its a bit too anime-esque, and fun, while also looking nice. It doesn't feel like just another Dota Clone that Heroes of Newerth does, because its not a copy-n-paste of Dota like HoN is. Overall, I think its definitely worth a look.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:13 am

Some heroes are really cartoony and stupid (a mole with a peashooter? come on) while some other are like, 100% serious (lord of darkness of hatred or whatever); some heroes are really only attack and win (the blademaster or "frost archer" come to mind); I enjoyed playing a bit, the replayability is really low... or perhaps was I sated of the generic aos genre?

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 am

Funny how those stand-alone aos games limit themselves by staying way too close to the crappy WC3 engine. (Gameplay wise of course, something like better match making/leagues should be the least they do).

I'm still hoping that an actual game designer makes one of those games. HoN and LoL are just lame dota copies imho.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:34 am

A physics engine AoS would be awesome. But yeah, I enjoy the cartoon-y feel that LoL has. The Heroes are also not carbon copies like HoN's are, but they still lack awesome. I think they do good though, for what they do. It'll keep me busy until ToB v0 and Aotz 3 comes out.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:46 am

It's fun to be AoS god of LoL though.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:34 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:It's fun to be AoS god of LoL though.
Ya, I started playing again. Ma first game went 31-1 as Jax, then 20-3 as Tryndamere'

add me, I'm Oxygen

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:57 pm

It's a lot nicer than DotA, even considering the fact that Guinsoo was the former DotA developer.

I can assure you that this game plays differently than DotA, and not carbon-copy like HoN is.

My name is Coury and add me up if you're up for a few games and few chats.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:11 pm

So, bringing back an old topic to ask for some help, I suppose.

I've been playing LoL a good bit recently (started because I lost my old CD key for WC3), and on a whim decided to join in on one of their hero contests. Surprisingly, I made it to the second round, so if anyone feels like hopping over there and voting for me, that would, ya know, be awesome.

Here's the link: Hero Contest.

In case you didn't catch it, my hero is Desdinova, the Wandering Star (a rework of a hero I put together here, actually).

Thanks!
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:40 pm

I clicked the link and it didn't even take me to the hero.

I apparently have to have an account for the game to register. Sorry!
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:01 pm

So, I read them all, and then I went to the poll and voted, but it seemed so small of a voting pool that I'm wondering if only certain people were supposed to vote. Is this so? (If it is...I'd hate if I would be disqualifying you)

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Nono, anyone can vote, it's just that I think the community there doesn't give a damn anymore about the contest, as this is around the 10th voting thread for the damn thing (4 first rounds of 10 a piece, 2 sudden deaths (which I won mine), then 4 second rounds of 5 each).

A small pool is a good thing, I figure. Means those voting probably actually read the heroes.

Also: Is your LoL name really Panda Loki?

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Yesh. :3
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Hey, so... there ended up being a three way tie, so it went to SUDDEN DEATH. Which is to say, we repeat the voting, but this time with only 3 choices, and only for a day. Here's the link: Hero Contest.

Also, on a related note, we should all get together and actually play a game of LoL together some time... I know I played with Oxy once, and that was loads of fun.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Nah, we officialy declared lol as "gay"; if you make a 5 man team (we were all level 1's and 2's) you get paired against level 30 players. Which is to say, stupid. We didn't want to exclude people or split our team up, soo... well, we gave up. They need to fix their matchmaking system bigtime.

Return to “General Gaming”