Bringing back the classics

Play games other than VZ Clan games? XBox 360, PS3, Wii, General PC, Browser-based, all of the above and more are included here. Battle it out with others to see which is the best, or just talk about your favorite games; this is the place to do it.
TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Bringing back the classics

Post by TheLegendReborn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:21 pm

As I'm sure everyone has noticed that there has been a shortage of quality RPGs as of late on the PC. I think the latest RPG that I picked up and played for over a few months has been World of Warcraft (Oh no WoW but that was when it was good :D [Yes it was good, mock if you want]) and even that was years ago. This has made me reach into my old CD rack looking for some classics that can stand the sands of time.

From the top of my head I can think of Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale II, Diablo II

I must admit I think one of my limiting factors was that to me an RPG game almost needed strong multiplayer capabilities and that I'm a sucker for the DnD style of RPGs.

So am I alone in thinking that we are lacking good RPGs right now?
Or am I just too close minded to play the shooter RPG blends that have been out of late?

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Bringing back the classics

Post by Oxygen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Mario RPG on snes was the best ever.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:29 pm

Oxygen wrote:Mario RPG on snes was the best ever.
Seconded.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:08 am

TheLegendReborn wrote:So am I alone in thinking that we are lacking good RPGs right now?
Or am I just too close minded to play the shooter RPG blends that have been out of late?
Yes we are. Drakensang is a good sign, though. It was lacking in some resorts (short, linear, the capabilities of the system were barely used), but mostly due to financial limitations of the German company that made it. After their first success (the game sold well), I bet the prequel they're making now will be a lot better.

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:37 pm

͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Return to “General Gaming”