Battlefield Heroes

Play games other than VZ Clan games? XBox 360, PS3, Wii, General PC, Browser-based, all of the above and more are included here. Battle it out with others to see which is the best, or just talk about your favorite games; this is the place to do it.
TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Battlefield Heroes

Post by TheLegendReborn » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:32 am

Well a few days ago I was accepted into the Battlefield Heroes beta. First I must say that I was amazingly excited since I had been on the waiting list for well over a year but despite the wait I think it was all worth it in the end. Especially with all the Scout craziness and apparently the new jumping mechanic change that it is an amazing change even though I think I've put quite a few hours into my hero already.

For now I'll just write a few things about the 3 playable classes. There is the soldier, the gunner and the commando. The soldier is an all around class with strong support techniques like an area effect heal. The gunner packs the most punch out of the three as well as the most health, however he is the slowest of the three. The commando is the sneaky class in the game allowing the player to be a sniper or just a sneaky spy.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Battlefield Heroes

Post by andriejj » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Sounds like a WW2 version of TF. Is it?

TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by TheLegendReborn » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Well in a sense no but in a sense yes. Sure the characters are cartoony but even though it is a cartoony shooter in third person it gives a sense of the Battlefield series at the same time.

One major difference between Battlefield Heroes and Team Fortress 2 is that in heroes you level up your character and as you do so you are able to get different moves and level up existing moves. Of course each class gets moves that add to the feeling of the overall playstyle. One of the sniper's move is a cloak, one of the gunner's is to eat grenade explosives to regain health, one of the soldier's is burning bullets which make his bullets deal more damage and leave a flame on the enemy both dealing damage and tag enemies regardless of cloak.

One notable aspect of Battlefield Heroes in comparison to many shooter games in general is that one shotting people only occurs under a few circumstances like a fully leveled up charged shot coupled with the strongest sniper rifle at long ranges. (Sniper rifles in Battlefield Heroes have reverse damage fall off so closer targets take less damage. Also at the moment there are three different sniper rifles and each one has a different max firing speed, ammo held per clip and optimal range)

The game also comes with a matchmaking system which means that the game tries to pair you with players who are around the same skill level. I'm not 100% sure how this works but I do know it works but I assume it is based on your level as well as a few other factors.

Although the game only has three maps out at the moment they offer quite a range of gameplay, from open areas where tanks and air planes rule to towns where the only vehicle in site are just jeeps.

There are three vehicles in the game:

The Jeep: A very fast car which can hold up to three players. Unlike in previous battlefield games there is no mounted gun on the jeep but passengers are able to use all their moves and weapons.

The Tank: Holds up to two players. One driver and one player out of the hatch on top where he holds the same ability as the passenger of the jeep but because the tank is slower he is very vulnerable. The driver has control of the tank's gun which packs quite a punch but at the same time has a very long reload speed.

The Plane: Holds up to three players. The two passengers sit on top of the wings and are able to fire just like in the Jeep. The driver of the plane has control of a machine gun which is amazingly strong if you can actually manage to fly and keep track of targets.

There are also missions that can be picked up as you level up which when turned in award you with more valor points which can be used to buy different weapons, emotes, clothing, bandages, etc.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:50 am

Lucky...

Sounds twinking awesome

Return to “General Gaming”