Anyone game for a little theory crafting?

Play games other than VZ Clan games? XBox 360, PS3, Wii, General PC, Browser-based, all of the above and more are included here. Battle it out with others to see which is the best, or just talk about your favorite games; this is the place to do it.
TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Anyone game for a little theory crafting?

Post by TheLegendReborn » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:38 pm

So as we all wait impatiently for the Scout update Valve decided to rehash a few of their game mechanics, including critical strike percentages. Overall this doesn't do much for balance because every weapon is pretty much affected the same way except for weapons that are inable to crit (These weapons include the Blutsauger, the Backburner, and the Axetinguisher). The Backburner has been seen as pretty much equal or even less compared to the current Afterburner just because of the airblast. However the Axetinguisher and the Blutsauger have usually been seen as upgrades.

Now me being a Medic loving freak decided that after the base critical percentage was changed and the equation that determined any bonus critical percentage was changed that I wanted to truly look at the how much difference there was in the damage of the Syringe Gun and the Blutsauger. This all led me to make this thread on the steam forums http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=797441.

Not really sure what will come out of this thread but what are your opinions on the balance between the two guns or just unlocks in general?

Return to “General Gaming”