Super Smash Bros. Brawl - General Discussion

Play games other than VZ Clan games? XBox 360, PS3, Wii, General PC, Browser-based, all of the above and more are included here. Battle it out with others to see which is the best, or just talk about your favorite games; this is the place to do it.
Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - General Discussion

Post by Cecil » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:07 pm

"B Spammers"--do they exist? I mean really... sure a Pikachu player can spam that Down-B Lightning all day, and a Meta-Knight (okay this is the only real exception) can do the Tornada sh*t.... but if they really spam it, and win... what does that say about their opponent who calls them a "B Spammer"?

Is it not pathetic that they are losing to someone repeating the same over and over? Losing to one/two moves only? I think it is pathetic, and that it is most of the time just an excuse for them not wanting to use B button a lot or when neccasary and then again if they don't use it that much then they could be rightfully labled "A Spammers", no? Way I see it, using the "B Button" on characters a lot is just one playstyle, the same as using B and A equally, or just mainly A. If using B button a lot is works, then why not?

No one-two liner sentence responses, please at least an in-depth paragraph.
Last edited by Cecil on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - "B Spammers"

Post by Logue » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Sure, B Spamming can lead to winning, but most people frown upon it. If you do win by B Spamming, you don't get as many "Awesome points" as you would if you were to beat the other person by actually using strategy and skill to win.

I would compare a B-Spam win to along the same lines as winning a racing game by smashing into others/crashing into them. You still WIN techincally, but it's frowned upon by racing game players. If you win by actually OUTSKILLING another racer, rather than smashing the shit out of them, it makes you look actually BETTER than them.

This is really just a debate about dirty players. Sure some people are dirtier than others, it's just how bad you want to win, and how low you'll steep to go.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:09 pm

Cecil wrote:No one-two liner sentence responses, please at least an in-depth paragraph.
B-spamming fails. Stale moves > Spammers.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Your move.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Needless to say, from the recent wifi adventures (Sent and Bregan). B Spamming or whatever fandangled terms people like to come up with really works best with lag.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:16 pm

Kudos on the Sirlin link.

And I completely disagree with Logue. If the way to win is much easier than "outskilling", I'll win every time. You can call it dirty, I call it "hey look I win." (This does NOT justify hacking, obviously. Spirit of the game is bs, but it DOES have to stay in the system.) Now, if the game is really so easy to win, it's a stupid, degenerate game, and you should stop playing. Fortunately, Brawl is not such a game, and B-spamming cannot win against any half-decent player.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:40 am

I don't know if you completely disagree with me Hit, that's almost what I was trying to say.

A "dirty win" is still a win.

Crevax
Server Owner/Manager

Post by Crevax » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:00 pm

I've never really had a problem with "B Spammers." Just learn to time your dodges properly and you should be fine.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:37 pm

What are possible ways (general strat) to deal with MKnight's tornado "spam" other than catpitalizing on the 'lag' after it's used?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Crevax
Server Owner/Manager

Post by Crevax » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Exactly that. Avoid his Whirlwind and attack him during the downtime. That's the price Metaknight pays, he makes himself completely defenseless for a short time. If the player keeps spamming it, show him that it'll only lead to his downfall.
0 rows returned

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:42 pm

I myself tend to B-Spam not purposefully, almost involuntarily. When I played SSB when I was younger I always appreciated the flashy moved and thought they were definitely the best moves. So, by almost instinct now in SSBM and SSBB I use B moves near constantly, most of the time paying the price.

That Sirlin link (and just about everything else on that site) is pretty awesome, and I agree with most of it as well.

Crevax
Server Owner/Manager

Post by Crevax » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Most of my moves are "A" moves. I normally spend a lot of time dodging around until I can hit a dash attack or a smash, and hopefully one that knocks my opponent into the air. When an opponent is in the air, I then try to harass them with aerial attacks or keep them in the air with "Up A" smashes.
0 rows returned

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:57 pm

A moves are simply better than B if used right. It's not hard to dodge through the moves either, so I don't get what the problem is. If you're stumped on B-spamming, a fat LOL @ you.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:04 am

Crevax wrote:Exactly that. Avoid his Whirlwind and attack him during the downtime. That's the price Metaknight pays, he makes himself completely defenseless for a short time. If the player keeps spamming it, show him that it'll only lead to his downfall.
Don't even need to avoid. Unless he was like, on top of you, you can just shield the whole thing. It's better than dodging for that attack imho because you want to be able to hit him fast, cause Tornado's lag ain't long.

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:21 am

I know some people who spams B and simple attacks such as Samus Sex Kicks. Incredibly, those players are absolutely annihilating their competition. It's quite impressive, considering the players' skill. You can tell that they're just pulling some mighty funny crap though, and the people that do it most (still out of those that I know) only do so because they simply don't take the game seriously.

As for serious B-spammers, it's pretty retarded and sort of a dick move, but hey, it works.

-

(Sorry about the recent GoW 2 Horde game Logue; was forced to go to bed.)

Return to “General Gaming”