On the Topic of Homosexuality

A place to talk about serious "real life" stuff without having to place it in between a demand by Blankie for food and Logue's latest almost-pr0n thread.
Vchip
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: On the Topic of Homosexuality

Post by Vchip » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

I dident think you guys would shun me or anything. I was just saying thank you for the complment Irish gave me. All though its a VERY difrent situation when its random internt people and close friends in real life.
Anyway im done talking about this I talk about it enough at school.

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:02 pm

Is the "Lucid smith" a folk tale? I've never heard of it.
The novel 1984.
But humans to my knowledge mostly reproduce in a different sort manner than wolves, ants etc. Also homosexual behavior isn't IMO a regular behavior that average people express. I consider it deviant while named examples its a standardized pattern of behavior.
Define "regular behavior", and tell me why human homosexuality is any less regular than other sexual behavior variations in other animals. Ferrets deliberately have homosexual sex in the wild as a social device, and that dolphins do it for recreation.
If evolution has produced cancer does it mean it shouldn't be prevented or treated? I mean cancer could represent another form of number reduction agens (affecting only elderly and weaker, leaving a healthy average people in their best years).
The key point you are missing here is that homosexuality is not cancer, nor is being left handed, albino, or having any kind of incidental phenotype. Treatment is reserved for disease.
I see it as a symptom of something more larger...
You would be the first to discover such a connection between a physical or mental illness and homosexuality.
And the point of the story is that you shouldn't look for a spectacular miracle. Sometimes God works in obvious ways, through everyday people.
So god can turn anybody into one of his agents... Do they have bullet time skills?
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

VZBushkiller20
The Kan Codifier

Post by VZBushkiller20 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:46 pm

And the point of the story is that you shouldn't look for a spectacular miracle. Sometimes God works in obvious ways, through everyday people.
So god can turn anybody into one of his agents... Do they have bullet time skills?[/quote]

Note the "Shouldn't look for a spectacular miracle." And you may not know you are God's agent...just by helping others you might be guided by God.

Image Image ImageImageImage

Lawrence-Ember-Mirage-Skywings-Jasmine

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:52 pm

VZBushkiller20 wrote:
So god can turn anybody into one of his agents... Do they have bullet time skills?
Note the "Shouldn't look for a spectacular miracle." And you may not know you are God's agent...just by helping others you might be guided by God.[/quote]
Well, you know that Ves will now go for the "That can't be proven" argument.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:04 pm

And you may not know you are God's agent...just by helping others you might be guided by God.
Wow, you're god is very similar to my cat. She influences people into being her agents without them knowing too. I tried praying to her to tell me what the answers of the greatest questions of the universe are, but she is silent. This in itself is an answer, maybe I need to give her more prayer and albacore?
Well, you know that Ves will now go for the "That can't be proven" argument.
Realistically speaking, nothing is proven. All information suffers the problem of induction. However, we can reach a threshold where productivity of thought is increased by taking something as a law, or inversely, as an impossibility. A good example of this threshold is that gravity is both a theory, and a law of physics.

So it's not so much that it can't be proven that is the problem, it is that it is approaching infinitely small measures of accuracy to describe the world.

As if anybody thought I could be more condescending, :oops:
/end offtopic subject

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:37 pm

vesuvan wrote:
But humans to my knowledge mostly reproduce in a different sort manner than wolves, ants etc. Also homosexual behavior isn't IMO a regular behavior that average people express. I consider it deviant while named examples its a standardized pattern of behavior.
Define "regular behavior", and tell me why human homosexuality is any less regular than other sexual behavior variations in other animals. Ferrets deliberately have homosexual sex in the wild as a social device, and that dolphins do it for recreation.
Generate smallest functional units of any organisms. If they express that form of behavior it is regular if not it's not regular.
vesuvan wrote:Wow, you're god is very similar to my cat. She influences people into being her agents without them knowing too. I tried praying to her to tell me what the answers of the greatest questions of the universe are, but she is silent. This in itself is an answer, maybe I need to give her more prayer and albacore?
Needs more Omniscience.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:27 pm

Generate smallest functional units of any organisms. If they express that form of behavior it is regular if not it's not regular.
This is an absolutely ridiculous definition of "regular". Reducto ad absurdum; bees that would live in very small colonies without growing in size and with sufficient resources to do so would be considered in one sense of the word, irregular.

Despite this, it is not the definition of "irregular" that is the issue. The issue is if homosexuality is a disease or if it is a crime. You have presented no evidence that it is either.
Needs more Omniscience.
Oh, but my cat is omniscient, she just does not talk to people. She only gives them signs, like curing people of diseases, but only ones that are capable of healing naturally. She also causes people to be saved, but only when they are in the presence of human beings that are trained to save people.

I asked her why people with AIDs never get healed, or why amputees never regrow their limbs, but she just meowed. I assume this means I need to cleanse my head of thoughtcrimes lest she doesn't summon the cafeteria register worker next time I want to have lunch.

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:35 am

Vesu, is your cat homosexual?
Do you frequently take it to gay bars so it can participate in the flora and fauna?
Do you find it with other cats in weird places?

The point of me posting is, if it's not....
Why the hell are you talking about it.

Derailing the derailment.
That goes for everyone else as well.

~Moderati

del_diablo
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by del_diablo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:13 pm

No matter what you say.............. there is a rule..................

"To comfirm a rule, you must have someting that deny's it"
Its been forever since i last looked up on it, soo this translation "Is/might" be incorrect. But the comfirm thingy is correct, just think what it means(NOT what it says).
Dont challange the lazy, he are godlike serius.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:19 pm

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:18 pm

Odd...a good friend is bisexual, it turns out...I've already told him that I won't use slurs...but it is still awkward. We'll see how this goes...obviously, I won't shun him (Reminds me, Vchip, check your facebook notifications!), but now I find myself overanalyzing everything to see if he's flirting or not. Ugg, both at the situation and myself.
An tírghrá Éireannach

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:31 pm

Stop flattering yourself Irish lol.

Just let it be known(subtly) that you don't run like that and let it be.

I've had friends come out to me. It's certainly awkward when it first comes up, but it's really nothing to worry about. Just make sure you give very clear signals and there won't be a problem.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:06 pm

Flattering my ego? That's my job.

Subtly...k...subtly...
An tírghrá Éireannach

Vchip
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Vchip » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:15 am

Irish I have to say somthing. Many a time when someone says their "bi" it means their gay. I have only really met a few actual bi people. Many gay guys/girls say their bi in hopes of still liking the oposite sex. Hell I said I was bi for a while.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:31 am

*Thinks*. Yar, that's a good possibility with this person...not that I predicted that he'd be bi, but whatever. :P
An tírghrá Éireannach

Return to “Serious Discussion”