My Girl Problems

A place to talk about serious "real life" stuff without having to place it in between a demand by Blankie for food and Logue's latest almost-pr0n thread.
Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: My Girl Problems

Post by Loki » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:36 am

Merged and deleted unnecessary posts.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:50 am

You do have an entire other thread devoted to this, you know. I mean, I'm willing to help, but no need to have two of the same thread... Also, on the "willing to help" note, here's a handful of advice that I wholly expect to be ignored:

1) Every girl you are friends with does not have an overprotective boyfriend. If this seems to be the case, it is likely because in some way, shape, or form, you're crossing the line. If it's the exception, then you may be ok, but if it's over 50%, something's up.

2) If the girl is your friend, and has chosen to date the boy, and the boy would prefer if you kept a bit more distance, do all of you a favor, and do it. It may seem trivial to you, but let me tell you this much, when your heart is on the line with a girl, when you're putting yourself out there and loving someone else, especially if/when times are tough between you, or even when you're just a bit new as a couple, you want as much space as possible between her and anyone else, because you love her, or hope to, and it will rip the heart right out of your chest if anything were to happen. Especially if you could have prevented it.

3) Keep it casual. If you're passive, nice, and friendly, nine times out of ten, you'll be treated well. Remember, you are, at most, the girl's friend, which leaves you rather low on the totem pole compared to her boyfriend, so spending a third of the amount of time with her that he does is about all you can ask for. Never be the reason for her having to say "I'm sorry <boyfriend>, I've got plans to hang with Cecil tonight," because you will put yourself at the top of his most wanted list.

4) Never get between them.

5) Just have fun. If you don't spend time with one friend, so what, you've got others, right? Just enjoy life, and maybe find your own (NOT TAKEN) girlfriend. Focusing on a few things from the other thread, if a girl has a boyfriend, she's not on your list. Not unless it's a very unique event such as with Dusk, where you almost dated before she turned to someone else, but even then, they're off the table til they're single.

Good luck with this stuff.

EDIT(ish): Oh, wow, the thread got fused between reading it and making my post... huh.... Go Loki!
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:25 pm

When dealing with jealous boyfriends. Try to be funny but be subtle. If that doesn't work go to serious mode and try to explain that you have other girls/things/hobbies you are more interested than dating his girl. Just in case he attacks you it would be best for it too seem like it was all his fault and over-exaggeration.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:07 pm

Deschain wrote:When dealing with jealous boyfriends. Try to be funny but be subtle. If that doesn't work go to serious mode and try to explain that you have other girls/things/hobbies you are more interested than dating his girl. Just in case he attacks you it would be best for it too seem like it was all his fault and over-exaggeration.
That's encouraging him to lie. Not nicey!

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:27 pm

I never encourage lying. It's not what he says its how he says it. Deceiving and manipulation on other hand... All is fair in love and war.

Listen Cecil in any female-male relationship where both parties are heterosexual by default there is some sexual tension. Only exception are cases in which both parties involved have known each other for more 20+yrs by which there is more sexual tension between you and your carpet (unless you are a carpet fetishist) or where both parties have absolute skill at controlling their emotions.

If you are presented with a jealous boyfriend try something along these lines
"I have a girlfriend"(even if it is a lie)
"I have girlfriends" (even if it is a blatant lie)
"She is not my type... She is A-"
"I'm married."
"I'm married to the wind"
"I have boyfriend(s)"
"I'm gay... that the sun is shining"
"I'm..." (walk away)
"Much green eye in you sense I"
"Envy much?"

I don't suggest to use any of these since I have no clue what is your personality like. Think of something funny that won't get you an obligatory punch in head. Or make a joke that puts you down... He'll have to laugh.

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:18 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far.

And ya, what was told is really what I should have done in some past situations and sorta knew it but didn't like, care and still the "wrong" thing (not that I care about doing the "wrong" thing even now).

The last post gave good suggestions btw xD so yay and yea those were lines I thought of. Like, telling a girl you're not her type in any sitation in life where she comes on to u rly seems 2 b a good way out lol. And yeah saying I have a gf works but u need some way 2 bak it up, I just say she's outa town.

Thanks everyone sofar!
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:18 am

That's way too many ladies at once. I've been trying with one for over 3 years now, and I'm still overwhelmed. Try to pick one, and focus.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:55 am

Oxygen wrote:That's way too many ladies at once. I've been trying with one for over 3 years now, and I'm still overwhelmed. Try to pick one, and focus.
That is purely because you are a closet wimp.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:23 am

Deschain wrote:That is purely because you are a closet wimp.
Well, I could certainly start talking about all the ladies I meet everyday ( and that I don't appreciate as much as weknowwho ), but that would be pointless since I have absolutely have no interest there. Even if I'd go out more often, I doubt I'd change my mind. If you fall in love with 6 girls at once, how are you going to canalize your appreciation towards one, if ever there is something happening, unexpectedly?

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:50 am

I wouldn't call it falling in love. It's more like a planned assault ;P

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:33 am

Oxygen wrote:
Deschain wrote:That is purely because you are a closet wimp.
Well, I could certainly start talking about all the ladies I meet everyday ( and that I don't appreciate as much as weknowwho ), but that would be pointless since I have absolutely have no interest there. Even if I'd go out more often, I doubt I'd change my mind. If you fall in love with 6 girls at once, how are you going to canalize your appreciation towards one, if ever there is something happening, unexpectedly?
Dunno about you but I always felt attraction to more than one girl. And I'm a firm supporter of test driving before buying. So test first, channel your love later.

Well look at it like this. If you channel all your love into a single girl that gets tired of you, what have you accomplished?

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:02 pm

You're so unromantic Mr.Deschain.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:34 pm

I am almost to the point where I agree with one of my friends that calls women the 'seed of satan.'
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Deschain wrote:Well look at it like this. If you channel all your love into a single girl that gets tired of you, what have you accomplished?
It all depends if the love ends up being reciprocal or not. It differs from case to case. I see what you mean, entierely, but I guess I'm very picky. I never found a lady I liked as much, and if I ever did, then perhaps would I consider the test drive option, but as of right now, no.

Also, agreed @ dusk.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Heh, you 2 big pessimists. Oxy's disappointed after that 'romance' he informed us about, Dusk may have been turned down or also disappointed. But it's still better than Deschain's technical attitude ;P

Return to “Serious Discussion”