Diablo 3 discussion.

Everything social between absolutely anyone who can type a post. Although this is an open forum, avoid the typical bad forum conduct.
StyrofoamBoots
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Diablo 3 discussion.

Post by StyrofoamBoots » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:20 am

12:18 -- Footage of large scale battles, comets streaking across the sky, demons, Diablo 3 officially announced.

12:25 -- Each piece of gear is custom designed for each class. Barbarian puts on demonic sort of garb with giant devil horns. Barbarian can hop across gaps on the map. Barbarian dislodged a rock wall and dropped it on zombies, killing them. Demoing moving whirlwind attack.

12:31 -- Diablo 3 is first and foremost a co-operative game, says Blizzard. New Witch Doctor class can summon pets, control minds of his enemies, and cast diseases

12:36 -- Multiplayer will work over battle.net. [Possible Spoiler]Heads into a final fight against some gigantic moving trees. Final boss here, called siegebreaker assault beast, is absolutely gigantic, maybe around six or seven times taller than the player characters.[/Possible Spoiler]

1:42 -- Just got out of an interview with Blizzard executive vice-president of game design Rob Pardo. He says Diablo III was in development way back when Blizzard North was still around. The game will still feature PvP online and nightmare modes. Player limits online have yet to be set. As of right now, Blizzard won't reveal any other character classes beyond the barbarian and the witch doctor. Pardo told me the number of total classes in D3 will be similar to D2's original release.[Possible Spoiler] Also, in Diablo 3 diablo makes a return (obviously) and takes place after the events of D2.[/Possible spoiler] Expect the full interview in the near future.
Who doubted that Diablo 3 was coming :?:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/884/884836p1.html- Blog source for D3 timestamped updates.

Blizzard Splash has been morphed into D3 animated splash if anyone wants to hop over to http://blizzard.com

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3 for a direct link into the D3 portion of it. I know Blizzard purchased the Diablo3 domain a few months back so it'll only be a matter of time before they've got that up and active, especially seeing as how its stopped forwarding to the fan forums that were originally housed there.

Basically it's been stated that the game will contain five classes, but from what I gathered it was implied that the expansion pack would add atleast two more classes.
Male and Female choices to class have been confirmed, now to wait and see if as Mako put it "Amazons become Rangers".

P.S.: Thanks for the heads up Dusk, if it wasn't for you this wouldn't be posted right now. <3<3<3<3<3
P.P.S: Sorry if this isn't the proper sub forum for this topic, also I whited out two possible spoilers although I didn't see them as such. If you would like to know what they are just highlight the quoted section or visit the original blog.

Also on a sidenote if we have any diablo freaks I have a great screensnip of the arch angel from the Diablo 3 index. I managed to get it right between the transition from load bar being visible and the play teaser/game play buttons popping up. Its on my photobucket if anyone wants it. (My homepage.)
Last edited by StyrofoamBoots on Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:59 am, edited 25 times in total.
Carpe Omnious.

Mako
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: 12:18

Post by Mako » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:24 am

What Boots said. Thanks for the heads up Dusk. Freaking awesome announcement. You know I just thought of something.

We all know it was an understatement when the marine said "Hell, it's about time" for Starcraft 2.

So what would be a proper phrase for Diablo3?

Oh and for the record I'm updating as Boots is updating.

New class! Witch Doctor! Awesome on so many levels. Bloody yes!
I'm sorry, were you saying something?

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:51 am

I hope they kept the mass killing concept behind diablo, hordes of monsters, etc. Like, didn't make it like wow, where you had to take every fights one at a time. I love mindlessly killing shit.

StyrofoamBoots
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: 12:18 (Diablo is reborn.)

Post by StyrofoamBoots » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:56 am

From what I've gathered, and thats actually a hell of a lot compared to oh say...five hours ago, it's going to be true to its roots and then some!
Carpe Omnious.

Belial
Champion Noobite

Post by Belial » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:41 am

This is amazingly awesome news.

I mean, come on.

I still play LOD ._.

StyrofoamBoots
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by StyrofoamBoots » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:55 am

I've got so many questions, so many ideas just waiting to burst from my skull and make themselves known. Let the speculation begin! How long you think until they ship the expansion after D3's release? What do you think the level cap will be? Will skill trees still have the same sort of setup or will there be a new twist thrown in there? How about the new user friendly interface!? WILL MY HEAD EXPLODE IF I DONT CALM DOWN....
Carpe Omnious.

Mako
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Mako » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:06 pm

I'll let Blizzard solve the interface. From the gameplay video its a lot like old diablo, just a whole lot better looking. Although I believe theres a small map at the top right now... Though thats just speculation. And yes, killing hordes of monsters is still there. Watch the gameplay vid on the site. :D
I'm sorry, were you saying something?

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Mako wrote: So what would be a proper phrase for Diablo3?
F*cking epic. I think that's good enough for everyone.
yuuki o misetsuketemo tsuyogattemo hitoei de wa iki.

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:57 pm

I personally think that Blizzard is starting to bite off a little more than it can chew with SC2 coming, as with WotLK too.
I think I'd rather have one SUPERAWESOMEORGASMSWEETSHITMAN game once in a while rather than 3 games that come at you like some smelly pile of troll feces.

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:43 am

Well, Diablo III has actually been in the works for a long time, so they're probably just about done with it and are going to wait a few months so hype can build up before they release it to the masses.

StyrofoamBoots
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by StyrofoamBoots » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:50 am

Diablo Three has been cited as having been in the works before August 1st, 2005. Here's to hoping its basically done and they're only having us wait while they prepare for the expansion packs development. Also, Elementalist to replace sorceress amirite? (Its gotta be!)
Carpe Omnious.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:03 am

Hydrolisk wrote:Blizzard
Hydrolisk wrote:smelly pile of troll feces.
It's Blizzard. Since when have they NOT come out with a stellar game??!

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:03 am

It's certainly just me, but I really thought WoW was pretty bad. The whole game seemed pretty mediocre compared to Blizzard's other games. I also found that the graphics were a little outdated and even on the highest visual settings.
Even WC3's graphics, although impressive (in-game), were slightly shoddy. Some skins/mdels were just BAD. Compared to games around its release date, its graphics weren't the greatest.

The moddability, however, of all their games were great winners.

StyrofoamBoots
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by StyrofoamBoots » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 am

Hydrolisk wrote:It's certainly just me, but I really thought WoW was pretty bad. The whole game seemed pretty mediocre compared to Blizzard's other games. I also found that the graphics were a little outdated and even on the highest visual settings.
Even WC3's graphics, although impressive (in-game), were slightly shoddy. Some skins/mdels were just BAD. Compared to games around its release date, its graphics weren't the greatest.

The moddability, however, of all their games were great winners.
I entirely agree with everything said, I actually almost went there a bit ago but didn't want to turn the thread into a debate. You put it alot better than I think I'd of worded it. Thanks :D
Carpe Omnious.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:50 am

Agreed with Hydrolisk. There's also another good thing about Blizzard games. Their games don't aim at the most realistic graphics they can reach, they keep their games in some fantasy/s-fi atmosphere. There are many examples it's often the better way - the gloomy environment in PoP: Warrior Within, fairy-tale land of Albion in Fable... I like them more than Oblivion, which went 100% realism, and therefore- lost the fantasy feel. And they surely will have the system requirements acceptable, like they always do.

As for the gameplay videos. The "outside" environment looks so much like Titan Quest (popular Diablo ripoff, rather boring).

Return to “The Social Experiment”