Out of the Shell

Everything social between absolutely anyone who can type a post. Although this is an open forum, avoid the typical bad forum conduct.
Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Out of the Shell

Post by Hydrolisk » Sat May 03, 2008 11:55 am

I feel that you guys should know some more about me, so I decided to make this thread where maybe you can ask some questions about me and share a little about yourself. I just want to be closer to the Clan, especially since I never seem to be able to see you on B.Net except around midnight or other late hours (from my point of view).
My long term goal is to join VZ though.

Ask away (just don't ask where I live please - I have a bit of a phobia on that part)!

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Out of the Shell

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Sat May 03, 2008 12:30 pm

Um, sure, I'm not in the clan, but I feel like doing this anyway. Vchip did a thread like this once, and I enjoyed it a lot, heck, I think we all did.

So, um, rawr. Favorite food, why you like us, and what you do after school on Wednesdays.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Sat May 03, 2008 12:31 pm

Why are you so keen on being seen as "T3h EpiCtomb of Destruktion! :?:
Your move.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Sat May 03, 2008 6:14 pm

Where do you live.

No, really.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Sat May 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Is your histrionic personality a product of a narcissistic identity crisis, or a selfish attempt at human contact without any kind of empathy or honesty?

I don't wish to push you off, but I will not ignore the issue. The name of this topic would have been more accurate as "I want people to think about me". That is, unless the shell you are talking about is your gaudy facade of randomly arranged synonyms of chaos the likes is seen in third rate fan fictions.

I must apologize for being blunt, I'm not angry, and I certainly do not want to cause ill-feelings, but the question stands. Do you realize that there is a difference between good and bad attention?

I wish I knew how to ask that without sounding so mean.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun May 04, 2008 11:23 am

vesuvan wrote:Is your histrionic personality a product of a narcissistic identity crisis, or a selfish attempt at human contact without any kind of empathy or honesty?

I don't wish to push you off, but I will not ignore the issue. The name of this topic would have been more accurate as "I want people to think about me". That is, unless the shell you are talking about is your gaudy facade of randomly arranged synonyms of chaos the likes is seen in third rate fan fictions.

I must apologize for being blunt, I'm not angry, and I certainly do not want to cause ill-feelings, but the question stands. Do you realize that there is a difference between good and bad attention?

I wish I knew how to ask that without sounding so mean.
You could say ''Are you trying to get attention, or just simply bored enough to do this?"

---

Are you strait

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sun May 04, 2008 1:41 pm

Oxygen wrote: Are you strait
The answer is obvious. He ain't.

----
Who are you?
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Vchip
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Vchip » Mon May 05, 2008 10:11 pm

Lets see... What were your first thoughts on Doe and Aotz?

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Mon May 05, 2008 10:26 pm

Might take me a little to answer; stuff is happenning, and I need a little time.

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Fri May 16, 2008 6:46 pm

@tIP: I don't know what my favourite food is. I love salmon with green peas though. I like you guys 'cause the clan (and people here in general) seem like good people (in general), and wouldn't do something unmoral/etc. Except Logue :lol: . jkjk After school on Wednesday? Homework and video games. Eat stuff? I dunno.

@Cold Pheonix: I'm not, it's just that you guys see my like that (or at least, in my opinion). Besides, it's easier to be recognized that way, even if it's false. (Honestly; I'm not a doom-and-gloom-guy; perhaps that was just a phase.)

@Daryll: Southern Ontario, Canada. You're probably not gonna get much more other than I'm rather close to Toronto.

@Ves: I realize there is a difference between good and bad attention. I'm not offended either, because sometimes I'm just curious too. I'm not really seeking attention or just bored enough to do this; I actually want to get to know others better.

@Oxygen/Deschain: I'm course I'm not strait; how could a human equal a geological formation?

@Vchip: I saw AotZ first; I swear, I found it pure AMAZINGNESSNESS. I loved how flashy it was, but also how "full" the story seemed, and the characters were very unique. Not only that, but it actually focuses on skill of the player, unlike DotA which only requires you to not be a complete dumbass and to know the right item build.
As for DoE, I at first thought it was a rip from AotZ, xD. When I played it, I instantly realized only Dusk could craft such a perfect map like DoE. (Only slightly sarcastic; not even.)

Steve
Revenent of the Replies
Location: Dropping lasers or meteors on some unfortunate bystander... what?

Post by Steve » Fri May 16, 2008 7:53 pm

Hm.

Your heritage is?

(Assuming Asian because I read that one story, but I have to ask everyone at some point...)
The enemy are in disarray, ride them down as they run
Send them to their violent graves, don't spare anyone
Dead and wounded lie all around, see the pain in their eyes
Over the field an eerie sound, as we hear the raven's cry

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Fri May 16, 2008 10:24 pm

What story did you read?

(Chinese)

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Sat May 17, 2008 1:43 pm

I actually want to get to know others better.
Splendid. It might be a good idea to give you a quick synopsis of the regulars, and things you should know.

logue: Do not click any links he supplies, lest you enjoy what could only be described as eye-rape. Our resident horndog.
cold phoenix: Do not provoke him to spam, and everybody's happy.
dusk: He acts tough, but you have to be gentle with him emotionally. Spamming or derailing topics is a fast way to incur his wrath, as is talking about something when you don't know anything about it.
kaome:He defines a high standard of linguistic command, listen well, and don't insult him with replies in english that is butchered in any way. Reading into his posts sometimes uncovers entertaining secrets and hidden messages.
blue.frog: He doesn't say much, but he still listens to everything. I made the mistake of trolling him before, that is not something I would advise now.
ves: It's a bit awkward to say this, but I have a very hard time not acting like what the other forumers have called "inhuman". If I offend you, please allow me to take responsibility.

Lastly, honesty and manners go a long way here. Enjoy your stay.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Sat May 17, 2008 1:49 pm

What, since when do I not count as a "regular"...

I feel insulted =.=
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Sat May 17, 2008 2:12 pm

I only listed things that I thought he should know, and only a few users. A complete list of regulars seemed necessary to explain how to interact with some of the quirkier denizens. If you wish to append, please do so.

Return to “The Social Experiment”