Twisted Dreamscapes beyond compare...

Everything social between absolutely anyone who can type a post. Although this is an open forum, avoid the typical bad forum conduct.
Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Twisted Dreamscapes beyond compare...

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Hm...I had the most vivid dream recently, though it's beginning to fade.

All I can remember was it involved some kind of hell, living plastic army men, my sister, and some weird CD that I had never heard of but desperately wanted to listen to(which is also quite weird because I am not much of an avid music fan).

Anyway, this here topic is for when you have a dream and want to share it with everyone. Dream's are often considered doorways into the psyche, and as I am interested in psychology I would like to read about yours.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Twisted Dreamscapes beyond compare...

Post by vesuvan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:03 pm

It is 2:00 AM at night when I decide to quit working on my less than honorable programming pursuits. Normally at this time I would wander for a while before deciding to come home for some rest, but I had a test tomorrow, so I just went to my bed, where I lied on my side, staring at the clock.

I find it really quite surreal how different my room looks at night. To clock hits 2:11. Then 2:12... 2:13... 2:14... 2:15...2:16...2:17... 2:18... 2:19...

"2:19?! " I thought. It seemed too fast. It might have been an error on my part, but it really bothered me. Then in what seemed like only 40 seconds after, the clock strikes 2:1A

"2:1A?! dammit, that's not logically possible. how long have I been asleep? I suppose there would be no harm in observing"

I get out of bed and see the clock keep moving forward in base 16, but at an exponential rate. I gazed a little bit at it in wonder, before the morning sun hits my eyes through the window. My attention was diverted, so I pulled back the curtains to see a blur of traffic on the street. The whole area looks like it is in fast-forward.

I walk out to get a closer look, but the air vortex of speeding vehicles takes a sudden twist and pulls me into traffic enough for a car on my side of the road to strike my shoulder. It knocking me back onto the adjacent ground, low enough to escape the gusts.

My right arm is useless right now, so I slowly crawl back to my apartment. I close the curtains so that no light could get through, then got back into bed, looking at the clock, which is now acting normally. I clenched my ruined shoulder and waited, staring at the clock... Minute after minute goes by.

The clock strikes 6:00 and the alarm rings. I look at my shoulder and see that it's intact, but is cramping badly. Time to go to school :| .

edit:Oh no, I made a run on sentence. Gather a lynch mob
Last edited by vesuvan on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Rising Inferno
Champion Noobite

Post by Rising Inferno » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:04 pm

Hmmm...I dunno if it is that I can't remember or I just don't dream, but I can't remember the last time I had one. That normal?

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Yes. You usually do not remember dreams.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:49 am

*Last year*

So I'm at my elementary school, in the yard, and it's recess and stuff, but there aren't as many kids as usual. That's not important though, I don't notice it at the time. I'm just wandering around, then I start panicking. This goes on for some time, then I know why I'm panicking. I have my gun case. And you can get expelled for having guns at school. So I realize, I have to get out, and walk home, or else a teacher might see, and I could get expelled. So I hide behind the play structure thingy, and see a hole in the fence. I shove the gun case through, when I hear a teacher calling me.

I act smooth, they may not know yet. The teacher comes over. We have idle chitchat for a bit, then the teacher leaves. I crawl through the hole, and now I'm in the neighbourhood. But WAIT! I have to get through the school first. (I don't know why I crawled out and still had to go through the school, but whatever). I entered, and made sure there were no video cameras. Far ahead of me was the door to freedom. But there was a lobby sort of room in between me and it. On both sides of the lobby, there were desks with secretaries. So I had to be sneaky to get past them.

I do not remember how I did it. But I was out. Now, the guncase sort of phased out and stopped existing. I still knew I had to get home though. But this was really strange. It was as though I'd been placed in candyland. I was on a small hill, well, more like miniature steppes (steps? steeeeps?). After a few of these, it was normal land, but beyond a few more meters, there was a dropoff. I was on a mountain. Far off in the distance, there were other things, with texture like paintings, but those weren't important.

There were two small castles nearby. Close to the edge was an odd, candyish, pink castle. And over to the right, another castle. But I didn't really know anything about that castle. Near the castle was a pile of soccer balls. A few Korean children were playing with them, kicking them around and having fun. I don't think they knew I was there.

I knew which direction home was. Then I forgot. I got really scared that I would never get home, but I HAD TO. So I went down to the kids playing around. Only the pile of soccer balls had disappeared, and now they were playing with a football, a soccer ball, and some other kind I can't remember, or couldn't see. I asked them where to go. We were standing dangerously close to the edge. They took a while to answer, and I thought it was slightly rude. But they did. And that's when I woke up.

That's the only dream I can remember very clearly, from last January. That's the day I got my wii :D.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:05 am

vesu: your dream sounds like something between vivid dream and a hallucination. It is too coherent.

Hell_tempest: Dreams don't exists they are just random images your brain emits while you sleep. When you wake up you want to rationalize everything so you use your logic to put them together. This logic also allows your subconsciouses to make a few subtle hints. In a way it is an animated ink smudge test.

TIP: I could try and analyze your dream but I lack the skills from what I gather there are phalical motifs (mountain, pink castles, my psych sense says they were towering ) and testicle motifs (balls) and something about childhood. As for the gun and teacher I'm not sure but which gender was the teacher? In either way my interpretation is flawed.

My best dream was about two vampires (apprentice and the master) talking about how bloodsucking is a way of relieving people of the pain with standard apprentice overzealousness (ala Star Wars).

My last dream was something about olives and my friends convincing me they don't grow on trees. Probably one of those self-doubt/lack of confidence things.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:12 am

Dreams don't exists
they are just random images your brain emits while you sleep.
You said yourself that you're wrong...

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:16 am

Ok let me rephrase: Dreams don't exist. Only thing you really see are just random images your brain emits while you sleep.
Those pictures aren't dream. Dream is made (it is given sense) just before you awaken.

It like how movie tape is made of a series of images but the movie itself only exists when you move it over a projector. Same is with the dreams.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:24 am

Saying that the movie itself only exists after your move it over a projector is like saying a tree does not make a sound if it falls down and nobody is around to hear it...it still make a sound, and the movie is still a movie just because you cannot see it does not change anything...dreams are still dreams even if you cannot understand them.
Last edited by Hell_Tempest on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evernite.
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Evernite. » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:27 am

@Deschain: Yes, that's what I heard as well; they're actually some chaotic series of information spreading through your brain, which only attempts to sort them out as you wake up.

In my latest dream, I was a worker at a nuclear power plant (cool, isn't it?). Then I started noticing how there weren't that many people today. Nevertheless, I carried on with my work for the rest of the day. Night came, and so did the time when I had to go back home (I didn't know I had a home, heh). Only, the doors were locked, so that caused a problem.

I started delving into the plant, trying to find an exit or something; lights were flickering every now and then, until only one or two were working anymore. I thought it was strange, the electricity was working fine during the day, but, as if I was rationalizing outside of my dream I said, "It adds to the gloomy atmosphere."

Tension grew more and more intense, and I had finally reached the heart of the reactor. In my real life, I never knew what was inside it, but in my dream, it was a giant room, with a blue-green-ish atmosphere, with walls plunging down towards some sort of pedestal, on which stood a green sphere covered in mucus of the same color. I immediately thought, "Uh-oh, not good, smells like a horror movie."

Only, when I turned back to get out from the room, there was a zombie blocking the way. I don't know how I left the core, but I did, only to end up being cornered by a hundred more zombies with blood coming down their mouths, whom, I later learnt, were my fellow co-workers turned into mutant beings from radiations of the green-ish sphere. Only I wasn't touched by this, because I apparently had developped some kind of resistance to them (and there needed to be a victim in all that story, right?).

Oh, and I woke up at 3:00 AM with a big fever and some illness that made me stay in bed for 5 days. =/
"You believe but what you see,
You receive but what you give."

-Nightwish, Amaranth

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:32 am

Hell_Tempest wrote:Saying that the movie itself only exists after your move it over a projector is like saying a tree does not make a sound if it falls down and nobody is around to hear it...it still make a sound, and the movie is still a movie just because you cannot see it does not change anything...dreams are still dreams even if you cannot understand them.
Then by all means watch the movie tape.

What we consider a dream doesn't exist. It's just our rationalization. An illusion. Same like with the movie.

Evernite: sounds close to a vivid dream.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:01 am

Now I get what you were trying to say. You worded your response kind of weird.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:09 pm

Actually, the castle was very small. Bout the size of a house. And pink, as in, candy. If anything, I thought soccer balls and footballs had something to do with sports, but whatever. Teacher was old and female. McGonagal (spelinng?) ish. I hope that nobody gets the idea that just because I had a gun at school doesn't mean a shooting spree is up and coming :P. Never took it out of the case. K?! :lol:
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Steve
Revenent of the Replies
Location: Dropping lasers or meteors on some unfortunate bystander... what?

Post by Steve » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:16 pm

A WTF dream I've had once was standing in the middle of a land composed of textiles, it was supposed to be a desert (in front of me was a sign stating such). And for some reason I had every gun in existence lying in front of me and over 9000-- I think it was actually literally that-- targets away from me in varying distances and shapes.

It was cool, but probably just a regurgitation of stuff I think about often. Meh.
The enemy are in disarray, ride them down as they run
Send them to their violent graves, don't spare anyone
Dead and wounded lie all around, see the pain in their eyes
Over the field an eerie sound, as we hear the raven's cry

Thanatos
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Thanatos » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:41 pm

I don't see the point of this thread.
Last edited by Thanatos on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuuki o misetsuketemo tsuyogattemo hitoei de wa iki.

Return to “The Social Experiment”