Twisted Dreamscapes beyond compare...

Everything social between absolutely anyone who can type a post. Although this is an open forum, avoid the typical bad forum conduct.
Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Re: Twisted Dreamscapes beyond compare...

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:44 pm

I believe, they are discussing the images that danced in their heads while they slumbered.
Here, in this thread, they try to jumble those things together.
Since dreams are the stuff of the subconscious mind and are prone to being random/or defying a particular aspect of reality, the issue can hardly be placed in a 'serious' discussion. It's hard to make flying cows and crap shooting potato men sound serious.

In other news....I don't think your comment was called for.
So you can take this as your 'fair' warning, and never do it again in my sight.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:54 pm

My dreams are often extremely unlinear, as they follow very little to no logic. Laws of physics are always respected, though. None ever has super power or anything. I simply often find myself in extremely awkward and unlikely situations.

The most reccurent themes of my dreams are undeads. I dream of ghosts, zombies, etc. quite a whole lot, and I almost never watch TV, it surely can't come from there. I honestly have no idea about these.

I also dream rather often of a very pretty blonde girl which I have never met. This probably represents the lack of female attention from my life.

I often end up falling from something, altho it's never a cliff. Must represent the lack of high sensations of my life.

Sometimes I find myself in places I don't know. This is surely representative of the monotony and the lack of new.

But other times, I dream of places I know very well. Such as my school. Everything is often in place, except one thing. The lighting. The sun ALWAYS comes in from another angle, distorting my perception of everything. Picture your house if the sun, out of nowhere, started rising from the opposite side it usually rose. That's what I get.

I dream of myself in kilometer deep water, one of my fears.

I don't have much sex dreams. I only remember, like, 3.

I often dream of myself running away from someone or something.

I dream of forums. I really do. Last night, I imagined ... whatever. It's often negative responses to my posts.

Glortex
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Glortex » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:49 pm

What if your dreams always end up where you die? Like falling off a cliff and smacking the ground. Rather annoying since its been like this for over 307560 dreams so far. (Not joking on the number, I have been keeping count.) I wish I had some normal dreams... or some unnatural yet not dying. I have to admit though the worst one I experienced was being skewered by spikes. I could handle the others but that one takes the cake for scaring me.
I play TF2.
Ok, so I live on TF2...

Evernite.
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Evernite. » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:14 pm

Hehe, I've noticed it's always at their climax that dreams stop. No dying or whatsoever, although you pretty much know you're doomed for what you care.

I also had this horrifying dream where two chicks were stuck in a bloody and cold room, and then some monster with a chainsaw appeared and threatened them. The girls shouted, of course, but then they covered their faces and the monster didn't moved. They soon realized that the monster only moved when it detected movement, else it'd stay frozen like a statue. So they gathered up their courage and shouted as loud as they could simultaneously, and the monster tore up in two. Amazing, heh?
"You believe but what you see,
You receive but what you give."

-Nightwish, Amaranth

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:33 pm

I recently had a rather nice dream.

When the dream began I appeared simply standing in the middle of a vast empty room composed of gray sheet metal. The only things in the room other than me where pipes made out of the same dull metal the rest of the room, there weren't many pipes, but those that where there went random yet orderly directions, there where also two large sets of windows along the top of the walls to my left and right. Through one window streamed the short rays of an evening sun, the light reflected off of the dust in the air, but where it should have made spots of warm light on the ground, there was only more bleak gray metal. Through the second set of windows chairs where visible and the soft glow of florescent lights hovered through them, dissipating as soon as the limits of windows where reached. In front of me there was a dark hole through which a slow rumbling could be heard, and behind me there were dark cement blocks accompanied by stairs of the same flanked by hand rails which ended as the stairs did, at the surface where it was raining. The air in the room was cold and quickly moving from the dark hole, and yet, it did not apply any force. The air also had an odd feeling to it, something indescribable.

I was in a white suit, somewhat smooth, that covered my entire body. I could not take it off. I had something like a portal gun attached to my right hand. I was in third person so I could see my self. My head was wrapped in a tight white cloth with enough layers that my head formed somewhat of a 3d ellipse. There where no holes in it beyond three red colored slits cut in the cloth where my forehead is located. Each of my joints where covered in black leather except for my pinky finger. I had no feet, my legs simply ended at the ankle, yet I could easily keep balanced.

I stood in that location for what felt like hours until out of the corner of my eye I saw something I hadn't before. A large box, about 2/3's my height, was to my left, the same side as the sunny windows. I closed my eyes and instantly laid down on the ground. When I opened them again the entire left side of the room was filled with the type of stuff you'd find in an attic. There where many things, but I cannot remeber most of them, the only thing that sticks out in my mind is a mannequin torso with a small pink straw hat where it's neck should be. The next moment I can remeber I am walking through the hole and in 2 steps, am on the other side. The hole leads perpendicularly to a long iron tunnel with grates leading to the surface through which sun shines through, and a large fan directly to my right pumping air down the tunnel. Next thing I know I am floating disembodied in a large city. Behind me there is a medium sized suspension bridge and in front of me there is a canal ending up against a large grate with many cars piled up in it. The entire city has nobody in it and the cars on the roads and in the canal are all ruined, as if they've been sitting there for months. In a few more seconds I wake up.

I actually have this dream quite frequently, and the above was copied from where I wrote about the dream after the third time I had it, and I've added more each time I've woken up from it. I organized it significantly, I wrote bullets of everything I could remeber, but the content is the same.

I have absolutely no idea why, but this dream brings me great comfort. I wish I could describe it better, but I do not write often and it's hard to remeber dreams, even if you write about them right after you wake up.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Glortex wrote:over 307560 dreams so far. (Not joking on the number, I have been keeping count.)
If you have one dream every night (And we're counting remembered dreams, not one's you don't remember), that's roughly 840 years.

Even if you have say, 15 dreams a night (and congratz if you can remember that many dreams) that's STILL remembering every [15] dream for every night for 56 years.

LOL GOGO NUMBERS!

Glortex
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Glortex » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:54 pm

Odd,I know I can recall every dream and it adds up to that. I think some of the dreams might be connected now that math has been involved... that would mean I didn't wake up and I was still dreaming on some. Creepy... then I actually was dreaming a ton of times rather than being awake, damn I could swear I was awake so many times.
So it should reduced down to 7000 then. :oops:
I play TF2.
Ok, so I live on TF2...

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:12 am

I've had this nightmare...oh for a good few years now...
It's set in the future, think 'Alien' and you've got the setting.

It always begins the same way. I'm in the rear cargo room of the 'Argonaught' (Thats how its spelled) working on a fusion dilation box. (for no reason apparently) I am armored up to my neck. This suit is thick, not bulky, but looks imposing. It is comprised of several overlapping plates on the chest, a wide brim collar, and segmented leggings. My boots go to my knees. My arms are wrapped in what looks like black steel with gloves to finish it off, a strange metal that bends with ease and can follow the slightest movement of my hands. This I recall easily enough...I can see myself working with fine tools. The view of the dream changes, much like a movie would. There are segments from my eyes and over my shoulder (head and back in view) as well as from across the room (when I stand of gesture) or even once or twice from my friends. Ah yes, I am not alone in the dark. There are several friends, for their sake they will not be named, but let me number them. 1-5. 1 and 2 (both male) are standing over me laughing. I remember this because it sounded forced, hallow, like they knew what was going to happen. 3 and 4 (both girls) are talking about me not far off. The dream switches to 'their view' for a moment. If you must know, 3 wants to know how 'big' I am and 4 says its 'how I use it'. I have never had relations with either of them. 5 (a male) always has the same look of shock on his face. I wince every time now in that dream, for I know what he is going to say before he says it. In truth I know a lot of things...but lets not get ahead of ourselves. 5 says loud enough for everyone to hear. "Contact, 30 meters and closing fast!" Apparently I am in charge, three red stripes across my shoulder boards. I stand and nod to 2. 2 reaches over to a locker and passes out the weapons. If you have seen 'Deep Rising' thats it right there. The Chinese M1-L1 triple-pulse assault rifle. (Auto-cooling, watertight!) Only recently have I noticed I'm the only one that has ever had a sidearm. It looks like a cross between a revolver and a shotgun. Its compact, six shots, two barrels, revolving chamber, red-light, grip. The works my friends.

-This is the first time I woke up-

Some time passed....I dream again.
Recall the above events.
Now however, as we exit the cargo room; I make sweeping motions with my hands and everyone moves out.

-This is the first time I die-

I was struck with a sharp pain in my back and it punctured my chest.
I couldn't breathe. 3 and 4 shout my name. Gunfire as I fall to the floor. My eye twitches.

-I wake up sweating.-

I dream again.
Recall previous events.
As I exit and give motions, I point with my right hand at my eyes (Index and middle) and then to the ceiling. 5 nods and as he looks up he tries to scream. But you see, he can't the tail blade of something has so perfectly jammed itself down his throat. It is segmented, black, much like the alien tail from 'Aliens'. I sneer, 1 shouts 5s name. We all open fire and I can hear it scream. It is a mix between a 'coughing' monkey and an elephants trumpet. 5's body falls to the floor in a slump. The scene is VERY graphic...blood, brains, teeth...I can smell it, taste it.

We move out and 2 gingerly takes 5's scanner. We move through passages, lit from below with smoke and red, like a fire we don't care about. It is not hot, but I am sweating all the same. A gout of steam, and I never see the thing that impales me in my face.

-I die again...I awake choking-

Time passes, I dream.
Recall previous events.
I begin to notice that no matter how long the dream is, its always one full nights fitful sleep.
I duck the incoming object. It's a pipe that has been sheared off and thrown like a missile. It smacks itself into 1's gut. He is winded (big guy, 1) but unhurt. we move forward and thats when those damn sirens start. The 'ANH ANH ANH' flashing red lights, etc. Same thing over and over and over. "Self-Destruct sequence, engaged you have ten minutes to evacuate." I ask 2 where the pod is. Only one left, at the bridge...on the other side of the ship. We start running. As we enter a large cargo room 3 is taken from behind. Hers is the worst I think. It's mocking. She is slashed open, then her clothes and armor is shredded, then she looks at me and says: "Do you like me now?" She is grinning, naked, covered in blood. It haunts me every time I look at her when she smiles that way for a moment. I turn to go through a door and have my heart ripped out of my chest by a clawed hand. I have never seen what the beast is, but it is lightning quick. I move three steps before I figure it out.

-Another defeat...I recall waking up and getting sick-

I dream again, mind you this isn't night after night, there are weeks in between each 'take'
Recall previous events, however, as we enter the large cargo room where 3 will die, I am gifted one more pain. My sister (10 almost) is in a gray shift and reaching out for me. I pick her up after muttering her name in question. 4 ushers me on. "Pick her up and MOVE!"
-3 dies-
Now however, I must open the door. 1 and 2 are shooting at the other end. I can't spare a glance. I hand my sis to 4 and find to my delight I have a spot welder on hand. I cut open the shut door (which i had recalled being open) and as I stand up, the damn thing reaches from the ceiling on the other side of the door and swipes my head clean off. Blood spurt and everything.

-It's like a bad video game now...I wake up sweating as usual-

I dream again.
Recall previous events, except this time, we all have helmets.
It's as if I take my past knowledge and 'change' things to my favor.
Fat good it does me.
I open the door, epic lunge through and open up on the ceiling. Except, nothing is there. I take my sis from 4, and turn to see 2 cut down by a blade. There is an arm, but the rest is fuzzy, like a smoke or mist. 1 closes the door and welds it shut. The alarm is still going, except it seems permanently stuck on 'ten'. We continue through the ship, the chow hall now, food everywhere....but no people. Not another single soul. We cross without a problem, but as we leave the kitchen explodes. Now we can't go back. We turn a corner and my mother is there, looking very much like 'Ripley' and kicking an 'Alien' in the head. It's not what was hunting us, it was too small. She smiles and kisses my faceplate, glad to see I'm alive. 1s death cry is our only alarm. By some stroke of luck, there is a pod behind my mother. I manage to shove everyone else in and slam it off. I can see 4's face clearly. She is screaming. Probably because some tentacle thing punched through my helmet and splattered my teeth and brains all over the window.

-Lovely yeah?-

I dream again.
Recall past events.
This time I duck, but nothing is there to dodge. 1s body is gone.
The bridge is almost in my reach. I open the door and find the captain (some older gentleman I have never laid eyes on) looking at pr0n on his computer. He's grinning like an idiot. Upon closer inspection I see hes a robot and shoot him to pieces.
BIG MISTAKE. He explodes in a fit of rage and becomes my next ticket into wake up call and shrapnel rips my eyes apart.

-Last time?-

Recall all previous events.
Except I am alone on the bridge, and the damn alarm finally works.
It tells me I have one minute.
There is an electronic lock on the pod.
I can't figure it out.
The ship explodes as I cry out in tears and frustration.

I have died this way four times now.

The ship represents a great undertaking, a tangible event I will have to overcome.
I believe I know what the event is, and I hope I will dream again.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:05 am

I once wanted to dream about getting shot to death in my dream; promptly, I appeared in a desert with a Terran golitah some 10 metres away from me which shoots me a supreme number of times. I didn't die, although in the dream I though it wasnfun getting shot.

Then I woke up.

Return to “The Social Experiment”