War on Scientology

Everything social between absolutely anyone who can type a post. Although this is an open forum, avoid the typical bad forum conduct.
TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: War on Scientology

Post by TheLegendReborn » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:34 am

It has nothing to do with if the religion has any basis. ANY religion is fine regardless of basis but once they start brainwashing people it starts to look alittle... bad? There have been many accounts of people getting associated with Scientology and soon after donating money to it regardless if they have the ability to do so or not. Scientology has also made claims of copyright infringement just because they are mentioned and just recently they have launched a lawsuit against people who have stolen documents even though they don't know who did it. (Anyone else want to try to launch a lawsuit against a group of people we don't even know about?)

At a glance Scientology is fine and there are many "success" stories that you find within the celebrity community but when you actually get into it you find out it isn't so fine and dandy inside the church of Scientology.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:42 am

Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Blue.Frog
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Blue.Frog » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:02 pm

vesuvan wrote:
I'm also advising members of this site from participating in this. You know how Scientology works. They've claimed that they're going to take legal action against any IPs they catch. Although this might be some bullshit, I wouldn't risk it.
Anybody who knows enough to cause any harm to the church of Scientology knows to use public access connections or pay phones to do their dirty work. Its virtually impossible to trace the origins of leaked documents as well.

Jokes aside, anonymous is going to have a field day with Scientology. The facade of retards that makes up anonymous is doing its job, that is making the black hats(read:malicious hackers) invisible. Theres a reason they take the anonymous credo so seriously, did you think it was just something people made up because it would sound funny?
No Ves, I'm not a moron. I realize how hard it is to trace people when there's this many people attacking Scientology through a variety of means. But I still don't want to have anyone from this site somehow get caught and have legal action forced upon them. Better safe than sorry.

TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by TheLegendReborn » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:06 pm

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=uVaQG67eqwA

The flooding of Scientology websites which subsequently forced them down made news but not in the light I would have hoped. In the story Scientology seemingly comes off as the victim due to the fact that they only talk about the site going down and how helpless they are to do anything about it.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Scientology makes me laugh. It's followers should get a life.

Echonian
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Echonian » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:21 am

My personal opinion is that all religions have in the past, and have the capability to brainwash.

The religion you believe in will never seem clearly false, the same goes for those who believe in scientology. I mean no offense to those who follow a religion (at least, I don't try to hold anything against you based on your beliefs), but I really do not think any religion should be treated with a bias vs other religions just because they are less "likely."

I personally don't think the idea of a magical soul or the like to be any more believable than scientology beliefs, so I would never be biased against scientology any more than any other religion. I respect everyones personal choice, and I don't think that scientology should be any different. Trying to change what they believe won't work any more than trying to change anyone elses views about any other religion or practice. And whether a religion is "clearly false" is often rooted in personal opinion when you follow any other religion from the one you think is false.

I wrote this at 4:20 in the morning, sorry if its a bit blunt. And sorry if I offended anyone. I just don't like bias against scientology. Laughing about it behind their backs is fine, but being an a-hole to the actual people who believe in scientology is pushing it too far.

And the fact of how pointless this topic is makes me want to tear my hair out. Anyone else could make the same jokes about christianity or any other mainstream religion, the only difference is that scientology is less widespread and more prone to bashing. It just feels to me like the masses attacking a minority, in a more subtle way.

Edit: For the record, I think that the scientology story is just as insanely rediculous as anyone else, I just try to not bash people for their beliefs, no matter how easy to logically disprove. Most people on the planet maintain some kind of belief similar, but not as extreme, as scientology, at its core. These same people would never know whether it was easy to logically disprove, because being raised from a young age to follow a religion makes it nearly impossible to disbelieve it unless something changes drastically in your life, or your knowledge of facts overturns your faith in things that can't be proven, but that what you know says is so unimaginably unlikely that it shouldn't be believed until proven.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:37 am

And the fact of how pointless this topic is makes me want to tear my hair out.
Then don't waste your time posting in here especially when you made a long post. I don't even care if it's 4:20 in the damn morning, since that is your only bloody excuse when you type up posts like this.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Echonian
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Echonian » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:42 am

My point wasn't to hype it up, my point was to say my opinions on the matter and let it drop from there. I would rather make it longer than have it die on a pointless note.

Also, I think anything that is based on a religion or practice that others believe to be true and that can't be disproved any more than anything else, that it should be put in serious discussions, not in here. That is another reason why I went wtfx after a while.

But sorry anyway.

TheLegendReborn
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by TheLegendReborn » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:10 am

Echo, for the most part the posts in this thread have been geared towards the corruption of Scientology making it a cult instead of just a religion. If it was a religion like any other it would be fine but the Church of Scientology is and has in the past trying to stop anyone who speaks out against it or tell their members they don't need to donate outrageous sums of money to it.

However, anyone who blatantly bashes a religion (Or anything for that matter) on the basis that it is "stupid" obviously doesn't care for your opinion and chances are they have some crazy beliefs of their own.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:52 pm

Echo, just chill :P, you're semi-coherent.

And
[img]Anyone%20else%20could%20make%20the%20same%20jokes%20about%20christianity%20or%20any%20other%20mainstream%20religion,%20the%20only%20difference%20is%20that%20scientology%20is%20less%20widespread%20and%20more%20prone%20to%20bashing.%20It%20just%20feels%20to%20me%20like%20the%20masses%20attacking%20a%20minority,%20in%20a%20more%20subtle%20way[/img]
...Dude, except that we can disprove Scientology. The creator was actually on drugs (and rum) when he wrote the Xenu story. How many religions have leaders who were high when they wrote their creation stories? The Xenu thing only got out in recent years (The author was planning on making a screenplay....but he died), and the scientologists have been trying to hush it up.

I find scientology reassuring. It's something you can point to and say, "There are still very silly people in our world."
An tírghrá Éireannach

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:17 pm

4:20 in the morning eh...?

Looks like Echo is more of a hippy then I am :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:00 pm

scientology.org is up.
dianetics.org is up.
scientology.org.mx is up.
cientologia-lisbon.org is up.
dianetica.com.br is up.
flag.org is slow.
narconon.org is down.
religiousfreedom.org (Scieno smear/propaganda site) is down.
rtc.org is slow.
scientologi.nu is up.
scientology-amsterdam.org slow.
scientology-boston.org is slow.
scientology-europe.org is down/password protected.
scientology-london.org is up.
scientology-losangeles.org is up.
scientology-manchester.org is down.
scientology-montreal.org is slow.
scientology-newyork.org is up.
scientology-sanfrancisco.org is up.
scientology-seattle.org is slow.
scientology-tampa.org is slow.
scientology-tokyo.org is down.
scientology-washingtondc.org is up.
scientology.ca is slow.
scientology.co.nz is slow.
scientology.de is slow.
scientology.net is slow.
scientology.nl is slow.
scientology.org.au is up.
scientology.org.uk is up.
scientology.org.za is slow.
scientologyhandbook.org is slow.
volunteerministers.org/ is slow.

This is the target list of anonymous and their individual statuses. Anonymous is progressing at a rate of two slowed a day, two sites down every week. What did I tell you?
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:45 pm

Amazing what people with lots of free time and a computer can do?

I can't really take sides with Anon or CoS; Anon is wrong because hurting others for the heck of it is wrong, CoS is wrong because it takes advantage of gullible and ignorant people and uses cult like tactics.

Then again, I guess I don't really want to take sides.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:32 am

When two dogs scrap, you don't want to get in the middle of it.
An tírghrá Éireannach

Echonian
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Echonian » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:34 pm

Semi-coherent! You insult me! And how is me staying up all night playing video games and looking on a forum make me a hippy! If anything, it makes me a nerd, which I can say I am not.

Pff.

I'm done in this topic now xD...

Return to “The Social Experiment”