New Topic: Off-Topic?

Everything social between absolutely anyone who can type a post. Although this is an open forum, avoid the typical bad forum conduct.
TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

New Topic: Off-Topic?

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:05 pm

Here's my band's first show :). http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 853&ref=mf

Variety night at the school of one of our singers. It's not the tightest performance, and I'd love some critiquing rawr! . 'Previous' and 'Next' for our cover and bandmate's cover.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

AnemicRoyalty
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: New Topic: Off-Topic?

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:01 am

It's cool and all (you've got the skill) but it sounds like your singer's doing one thing and the rest of you guys are doing another. Plus it seems like you need to get into it more... Feel the ROCK

Still, grats on your performance! Now get out there and kick ass.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:08 am

I'm with AR. You've definately got something going, the music's pretty good, and your singer has a good voice. I realize the quality on a camera isn't going to be the best for capturing sound, but there were times I couldn't even really hear the drums.

There were a few parts of the song where it just suddenly changed up whatever was going on, but other than that I thought it was pretty cool. Did you improv the solo?

(Nice little sit on the stage btw, I chuckled a bit(No offense intended!))

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks, both! We're playing at my school on Wednesday, and we're gonna feel the rock this time.

Yeah, our female vocalist was a bit dominating :(. Song changes would make sense if all of us could be heard, I think. The solo was slightly improvised. Had certain phrases that I always definitely use at some point, and a general guideline for how it goes. That'd be the same for all three of the solos (Californication, random solo, Porcelain Tears solo).

thx+1 :). Hopefully this show'll be recorded, and hopefully it can make its way here!
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Return to “The Social Experiment”