Lesson to Vegetarians

Everything social between absolutely anyone who can type a post. Although this is an open forum, avoid the typical bad forum conduct.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Lesson to Vegetarians

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:49 am

Read this.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Lesson to Vegetarians

Post by Oxygen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:47 am

The problem with being a vegetarian is that you can't eat meat.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:38 pm

Oxygen wrote:The problem with being a vegetarian is that you can't eat meat.
Oxy, that was so... revealing!

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:57 pm

andriejj wrote:
Oxygen wrote:The problem with being a vegetarian is that you can't eat meat.
Oxy, that was so... revealing!
Yeah, but think about it, seriously: No meat.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:05 am

Lesson is... what? You can kill the animals if you are going to die?

Aren't vegetarians trying to live a healthy life by avoiding needless animal slaughter; they eat vegetables and dairy products but don't abolish animal products all together, right?

Don't get me wrong I'm not a vegetarian (I believe in a healthy mix) but I don't get the point?
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:16 am

The point is the irony that a vegetarian was saved by a dead pig that she had sworn off supporting until it was the only way to save her life. Lesson to vegetarians: don't swear off the use of animals entirely. I thought it was err, pretty obvious.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:26 am

Mmm...and that at least a microbe of the pig valve will be broken down into the bloodstream and absorbed.
So technically, she has 'consumed' meat...even if it wasn't ingested.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:53 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote: I thought it was err, pretty obvious.
Never underestimate the power of stupidity and thickness.

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:58 pm

Paint, tires, and medicine all include animal products. The person in question has never been independent of dead animals, but the fact that what she didn't know could never hurt her testifies to how useful her dietary restriction was.
Last edited by vesuvan on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Vesuvan initiated what I was going to say; I honestly think that vegetarians are pussies. They don't eat meat out of ethic, though I can guarantee that a very high % of the products they use daily either contains animal products, water (one of their argument against meat is the water wasted watering the crops feeding animals) or pollute the air. Not consuming meat isn't hard to do with all the existing substitutes. But as soon as things get a little rough, they hide behind the "Yes, but at least".

You know what, I swear to your god that I'll respect a vegetarian the day he/she doesn't produce any garbage, grows own food, does not pollute the air or water in any way, does not use any product that had water wasted in its production as well as animal products, and does not use any electricity. But until you practice what you preach entirely, you're just as bad as we are with a plastic good conscience.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:06 am

This doesn't adress the issue of vegetarians or vegans that switched for the sake of increasing their lifespan (or due to religion's restriction).

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:32 am

Deschain wrote:This doesn't adress the issue of vegetarians or vegans that switched for the sake of increasing their lifespan (or due to religion's restriction).
Do you really want to live beyond 90 years old? Besides, I'm sure you can be a vegetable and still manage to die from improperly eating. Sure, alot of vegans have less cardiovascular problems, etc. but that doesn't make a direct correlation between meat and heart diseases. Look at the american habits of inactivity and gargantuous food intake, and now, maybe that'll get us closer.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:14 am

Yes I do. As long as I can.

Also I'm not sure what you mean by vegetable so I guessed it is a vegetable-eater. There were numerous studies showing there is a strong correlation between eating vegetables and living longer because vegetables have a lot of anti-oxidants, which reduce free radicals and with them the chance of cancer.

Also your point isn't a valid one. Anything could kill you in one way or the other. In fact it is a known fact that breathing causes cancer (oxygen->free radicals(from mitochondria)->DNA damage->cancer). It is just (red) meat is going to kill you faster than vegetables (and asphyxiation kills way faster than cancer).

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:55 am

Deschain wrote: Also I'm not sure what you mean by vegetable so I guessed it is a vegetable-eater.
Yes, I cleverly used it as an insult.
Deschain wrote:There were numerous studies showing there is a strong correlation between eating vegetables and living longer because vegetables have a lot of anti-oxidants, which reduce free radicals and with them the chance of cancer.
Okay, so all meat eaters don't eat any vegetables? about 50% of my diet is (grilled, MMM) vegetables. I'm pretty sure that my risk of anything being related to my meat consumption isn't really high. An issue alot of vegetables have is that they lack proteins and irons. You don't see very many of these people actually doing high physical activities, because of what? They can't.
Deschain wrote:Also your point isn't a valid one.
My point is that vegetarians feel like changing their diet is really impacting their health (more than it actually is) because they compare themselves to people from the united states (33% obesity level?), the fattest and most disgusting people in the world when it comes to eating. And by far. And what if the secret to vegetarian's thinness was related to how many calories they lose always gloating about how morally ethical they are, DAILY?
Deschain wrote:Anything could kill you in one way or the other. In fact it is a known fact that breathing causes cancer (oxygen->free radicals(from mitochondria)->DNA damage->cancer). It is just (red) meat is going to kill you faster than vegetables (and asphyxiation kills way faster than cancer).
Rly, there are alot of things that'll kill you, and we still do it because it's so damn conveniant. As I said earlier, it's relatively easy to just eat vegetables, and saying that one would want to live longer is a really weak excuse seeing how there are many, MANY more things that could "kill" you that isn't meat, and that a vegetarian would never cut down. Let's not even talk about the ethical involvement of spreading sh*t in the atmosphere whenever one uses a car. You know cars kill alot of animals? Those could have been eaten.

That really relates well to the article above. The girl was a sworn vegetarian, and by her looks, she's probably really annoying with it. But as soon as it becomes too unconveniant to "protect animal's rights", (no medicine) she goes and pass on her beliefs right up. I wonder how much gelatin her make up is made out of.

Oh, and wow. A teenager with heart problems... as a vegetarian? There probably isn't a link, but I still think that's damn ironical, since she probably used the heart thing as an excuse to be vegetarian in the first place. Tssh.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:15 am

Oxygen wrote: My point is that vegetarians feel like changing their diet is really impacting their health (more than it actually is) because they compare themselves to people from the united states (33% obesity level?), the fattest and most disgusting people in the world when it comes to eating. And by far. And what if the secret to vegetarian's thinness was related to how many calories they lose always gloating about how morally ethical they are, DAILY?
I don't remember where but there was a man that wanted to become centenarian so he switched to mostly vegetarian food (he still ate fish and cheese IIRC) hoping to save 5-10 years as opposed to his regular balanced meals.
Unfortunately the show didn't showed if he did become centenarian or not :)

Also it seems you have problem not with vegetarians per se but people that like to rub it in. That isn't vegetarian's fault. Those guys would either own a Mac or drive a hybrid so they can preach they are holier than thou.

I know at least one aunt that is a "quasi" vegetarian (she is a sworn vegetarian, except when she eats meat).
Oxygen wrote: Oh, and wow. A teenager with heart problems... as a vegetarian? There probably isn't a link, but I still think that's damn ironical, since she probably used the heart thing as an excuse to be vegetarian in the first place. Tssh.
Or maybe heart problems made her vegetarian by doctors recommendation (you know reduces the fatty food, less cholesterol)... Then again her doctor probably didn't force to become a sworn vegetarian.

Return to “The Social Experiment”