Haven

Follow VZ in their adventures in the post-apocalyptic Pokemon-filled continent of Karud! Delve deeper to find out more and hear their story.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Haven

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:43 am

He paced the room with a calmness completely unknown to the other trainers sharing the space. There were many with him today, all ready to give their lives for a cause so far ingrained into their core that it may very well be the sole reason that they exist anymore. The room was large and square, fashioned inside of what used to be the city's Pokemon Center. Broken and shattered Pokemon healing machines littered the floor at the back of the room, with the emblem of a Pokeball having been dusted over with dirt and a thick layer of grime. The floors hadn't been cleaned in a week and it showed; with the recent attacks, cleaning was the last thing on anyone's mind. Potted plants hung from their planters in disarray, their dead leaves falling to the floor in the breeze finding its way inside through the propped open sliding-glass doors.

Ingram had been waiting all day for the rest of the trainers to arrive, and he was satisfied with the turnout. Eleven in total now sat in front of him, idling with their Pokemon out as they waited for him to say something of consequence. The leaves wisped through the room on shallow whirlwind as if to signal his intention to begin the meeting.

He stopped pacing and faced the crowd before him, letting out a quiet sigh before speaking.

"You all know why you're here." Ingram looked around at the crowd before continuing. He was particularly drawn to their faces, seeing in them a will to fight unlike many he had dealt with in recent months. Maybe these people actually stood a chance. Maybe..

"The green feral mass, as we've come to call it, has been advancing upon us all month long, moving closer to Haven with every attack. They are comprised mostly of rock, steel, and ground type Pokemon and almost always incite sandstorms in their wake. This means that any plan of attack or defense against them is two-pronged." Ingram paused momentarily, catching the eyes of everyone in the room to ensure that he had their undivided attention.

"First, we must seek out the source of the storm - either a Hippowdon or God-forbid a Tyranitar. Second, we must eliminate it and change the weather with one of our own Pokemon. I do not know exactly which Pokemon each of you have, but I know that it is not within my Pokemon's power to change the weather; I pray that one of you can say otherwise."

As the meeting commenced, both of Ingram's Pokemon were keeping watch. Lucario had positioned himself at the top of Haven's once-radio tower to sense for oncoming threats. One of Lucario's many traits is to detect the aura of all living things, and with this he can also ascertain the alignment of the being he senses. This has been invaluable in predicting the recent attacks on traveling groups and has made him invaluable for the defense of both the city and excursions into the wilds.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Haven

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:11 am

Leon nodded. It was a lot to take in. He had only been in Haven for a couple of hours. His presence at this meeting was pure chance: a scouting military band had noticed his black gi denoting him as a Rai-Auroch, and had requested his help. Leon had complied out of idle curiosity more than anything else, as well as the knowledge that befriending the military was usually the winning move.

And now here they were, discussing the sandstorm. Leon thought about it. Personally, he would be fine - the Rai were a desert-faring people and he knew his way around a sandstorm. But it would play hell with his guns, for sure. If he were there personally, he would simply ride Ruu through the storm to safety - it was something he had done dozens of times. But with a city to defend? He could weave through a storm, but stopping it was a new one.

"Well, your gun's won't be terribly effective, will they?" Leon said, gesturing to his Machamp. Ludavius was an intimidating figure, though he was currently sitting in a corner as to not appear threatening. Of course, that was an impossible goal with his armament - four large gun strapped to his back. The ammo was weaved all along his body. It was little enough ammo that he obviously couldn't go with a full rate of fire for very long, but the guns were imposing enough to suggest that if you were on the other end the limited ammunition would last for the rest of your life.

Ludavius nodded. He spoke ponderously, the hallmark of picking up language late in life. "But my fists will be. Rock and steel will fall before me."

Leon smiled. "Yes." He turned to Ingram. "I can't do much about the weather. I could manufacture a Rain Dance technical machine, but it would be starting from scratch and I'm sure you could find a pokemon who already knows it before I finish. But we can eliminate the ferals comfortably." He looked at Ludavius. "With your approval..." When the latter nodded, Leon continued, "Then I pledge my aid to you, E-Rai Ingram. As compensation, I need somewhere to store our guns and a desert mask." Deliberately low terms, but the Rai-Aurochs were forbidden to offer any service for free - lest it become an expectation to foreigners. "And a lance, if you happen to have one. Any human can be as a fighting-type pokemon, provided they stab hard."

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:12 pm

"My Pokemon can temporarily stop the sandstorm but it wouldn't be permanent if we don't find the Pokemon causing the sandstorm. We will have to isolate the source from sandstorm and take it down. From there on, we should be able to stop the sandstorm permanently." Tobias stops and counts the number of trainers in the room. He thinks for several seconds then resumed speaking.

"However, there is a problem. Haven is currently suffering a severe lack of resources due to the lack of trade from New Terra. Even if we do manage to scatter the Green Mass, Haven will continue to go down the drain unless we renew the trade route. We need to contact New Terra once we pass the Karud Desert." Tobias walks towards one of the nurse stations and enters a backdoor. Several seconds later, he walks with a cart holding what it looks to be an old projector. He wipes the dust off the lens and lays out a marked map on the projector. He positions the cart so that the projector can face a blank wall.

"Most of my people have been stationed on Haven's defense perimeter outside of the city where the river keeps most of the feral presence off of our soil." He indicates the red markers as he turns on the projector.
Tobias points at the Pokemon markers on the western side of the peninsula. "My scouts confirmed that these are Green Mass ferals scouting the land. Most of these scouts are made up of Marowaks and Sandslashes. Fortunately, these Pokemon lack the ability to create a large sandstorms. Sending them back to the mountains shouldn't be a difficult task." He turns to face the group and allowing them to study the map for themselves.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:12 pm

"I can't do much about the weather. I could manufacture a Rain Dance technical machine, but it would be starting from scratch and I'm sure you could find a pokemon who already knows it before I finish. But we can eliminate the ferals comfortably."

"With your approval... Then I pledge my aid to you, E-Rai Ingram. As compensation, I need somewhere to store our guns and a desert mask and a lance, if you happen to have one. Any human can be as a fighting-type pokemon, provided they stab hard."

Ingram took in the first man's speech as it came. Usually the first to speak in response to a meeting such as this was also the most arrogant of the lot, and this man certainly bled that trait, it was clear. He seemed loyal enough, however, and Ingram was not the type to turn down help from anyone in these times. These times...

"Here I thought I might have to introduce myself, but it seems that my reputation precedes me." Ingram smirked at how the person whom he'd never seen before had known his name. It was likely that one of the soldiers had mentioned the name in passing as this fellow was picked up and the man had inferred that the guy talking would be the one bearing that name.

"We have plenty of places to store your weapons that will weather the storm and not be stolen by the ferals. A lance, though, may be difficult to come across. We have mostly projectile weapons inherited from the military force, but perhaps there is a cache of melee weapons around the city that we have not come across yet. Perhaps, also, someone might have a spare. I will see to it after this."

Tobias began to speak at once, anxious to get off his chest what he'd recently discovered about the scouts. Ingram couldn't blame him, but it was slightly rude. It was okay, he'd worked with Tobias before and knew of his commitment to the cause. Ingram also knew that in some way, Tobias would repeat everything that Ingram'd already said. It was just how he did things.

"My Pokemon can temporarily stop the sandstorm but it wouldn't be permanent if we don't find the Pokemon causing the sandstorm. We will have to isolate the source from sandstorm and take it down. From there on, we should be able to stop the sandstorm permanently."

Ingram smirked; he knew Tobias too well.

"However, there is a problem. Haven is currently suffering a severe lack of resources due to the lack of trade from New Terra. Even if we do manage to scatter the Green Mass, Haven will continue to go down the drain unless we renew the trade route. We need to contact New Terra once we pass the Karud Desert."

"Most of my people have been stationed on Haven's defense perimeter outside of the city where the river keeps most of the feral presence off of our soil. My scouts confirmed that these are Green Mass ferals scouting the land. Most of these scouts are made up of Marowaks and Sandslashes. Fortunately, these Pokemon lack the ability to create a large sandstorms. Sending them back to the mountains shouldn't be a difficult task."

Ingram took in the map, which he had already seen once before, and commented swiftly in Tobias' direction.

"Tobias, the first task will of course be to eliminate the source, and then we can use your Pokemon to change the weather into something more favorable. Can any of your Pokemon capable of such a weather shift enter into sandstorms unscathed?" Ingram was aware of Tobias' Infernape, with whom his Weavile had battled alongside the other day. He knew Infernape would suffer in the sandstorms, though, and needed to know if there were any other options for Sunny Day or Rain Dance. Before Tobias could answer, though, he turned back to the man he was speaking with earlier to finish his discussion there.

"About your technical machine, we do not have the working equipment necessary to even teach a Pokemon anything from a TM. However, I would venture that maybe you do if you're making such an offer. I will keep it in mind, although I suspect we may not have the time for such design and development. With the presence of feral scouts as given by Tobias - " Ingram gestured back to Tobias and the map " - I feel that the attack may be imminent. I have posted my Lucario as a scout; he will inform us of any developments."

"Furthermore, my friend, I do not believe I caught your name." Ingram smiled warmly.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:21 pm

"Ah, yes." Leon said, keeping the embarrassment out of his voice. "Forgive me. Where I come from we have long since learned each other's names, and while I could figure out yours on reputation alone I'm sure you've been denied the reciprocal privilege. I am Leon, an Auroch - that is, wandering warrior- of the Rai people. We are a small commune that hails somewhat south-east of the Djatyr Ruins - about as close as one can be, with the red feral mass."

"And I am Ludavius," the Machamp added, "formerly a feral and now an honorary member of the Rai. And a member of the Northwestern Guard." This detail wouldn't mean much to someone who was not one of the Rai, but having given the location of the compound Ludavius had the feeling Ingram would be able to figure out why Ludavius's voice had swelled with pride giving that qualification.

"As to your other question," Leon continued, "you are correct that I could teach a pokemon from a Technical Machine, and that yes, it would be long. I do not seriously consider it an option; I am merely providing a fallback for the worst case scenario."

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:32 pm

"Ah, yes. Forgive me. Where I come from we have long since learned each other's names, and while I could figure out yours on reputation alone I'm sure you've been denied the reciprocal privilege. I am Leon, an Auroch - that is, wandering warrior- of the Rai people. We are a small commune that hails somewhat south-east of the Djatyr Ruins - about as close as one can be, with the red feral mass."

"And I am Ludavius, formerly a feral and now an honorary member of the Rai. And a member of the Northwestern Guard."

"As to your other question, you are correct that I could teach a pokemon from a Technical Machine, and that yes, it would be long. I do not seriously consider it an option; I am merely providing a fallback for the worst case scenario."

Ingram nodded once or twice during the explanation, breaking eye contact with Leon only once when his Machamp spoke to him. He was intrigued by the society from which this pair had originated, but his intrigue would be shelved for a day when their own survival was not the immediate concern.

"It is invaluable to have such a fallback available to us, as we would be predictable and destroyed by the lack thereof." Ingram mused for a second before continuing. "We will keep it in mind to be sure.. And it is my pleasure to have met you, Leon and Ludavius." Ingram made a slight, but noticeable nod of his head towards the two of them before diverting his eyes back to the crowd at large and addressing another of Tobias' earlier concerns.

"Tobias - " Ingram quickly glanced at the man while speaking to him. " - we will make an attempt to jump start trade with New Terra as soon as possible, but it is imperative that we not only break through the green mass, but stop its advances completely. If we do not defeat the mass at large and send it scattering, whether we can trade with other surviving cities or not will be a moot point."

The impact of what he had just said seemed to resonate within the room as everyone gave a subconscious shudder at the thought of losing Haven entirely to the ferals. Ingram, unphased, continued speaking. "We will need to deal with these scouts of theirs first, in an attempt to stifle the knowledge of both our numbers and our exact defenses. We will need to arm the base and our soldiers against sandstorm damage, so proper attire will be a must."

Lucario's ears quivered, as if having been struck by a swift gust. Haven would not be so fortunate, however, as he sensed the scouts in the wilderness in greater numbers than they originally thought. He also sensed at least one large Pokemon with them, a Rampardos. They were not advancing, but the group consisted of at least 10 ferals and a type unsuspected to be venturing this far and merited report to his master.

Lucario's eyes flitted open, and he leapt from the tower to the ground. Weavile waited for him at the bottom, having been guarding it since Lucario had first gone up earlier in the day. Lucario telepathically communicated to Weavile that something threatening was nearby, and the both of them rushed off towards the Pokemon Center across town to deliver the message.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:45 am

Lucario twitched and stopped hastily. Weavile, ahead of him, noticed a change in the wind and turned to look at Lucario inquisitively. Lucario's ears perked up and he closed his eyes, turning around just enough to sense in the direction he had previously found the ferals.

"Several of the ferals have just died. There are more, but something has just ended five of them."

Weavile cocked his head at Lucario further, understanding what he said but curious as to what did such a thing. Could it have been another feral not of the mass? Surely Lucario could sense what it was that did it if he focused further. As if on queue, Lucario's ears twitched again.

"It is a human that did this, along with a Pokemon under the ground. It appears to be snakelike in nature."

The two of them stood there, wondering which human from Haven had a Pokemon like that and even more - which human would end so many ferals with such finesse. Lucario's eyes opened and his ears fell once more as he turned to face Weavile and the Pokemon center in the near-distance.

"Let us report this. Master will know what to do."

Weavile nodded, and the two of them turned towards the center and began rushing there once more.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:19 am

"I wonder how long the river will hold once the ferals initiate their attack. We will probably have to move the trainers back into Haven.. How troublesome.." Tobias mutters to himself as he studies the map for openings in the feral mass.

"Tobias, the first task will of course be to eliminate the source, and then we can use your Pokemon to change the weather into something more favorable. Can any of your Pokemon capable of such a weather shift enter into sandstorms unscathed?"

Tobias smiles for a second.
"No need to worry about that, I prepared something for trainers and their Pokemon to make the battle in the Karud Desert more... suitable." He clutches a blue pokeball with four different colored grooves going around the ball as they converge on the center button. "It'll be the first time in months that I released all four at the same time."

Tobias, we will make an attempt to jump start trade with New Terra as soon as possible, but it is imperative that we not only break through the green mass, but stop its advances completely. If we do not defeat the mass at large and send it scattering, whether we can trade with other surviving cities or not will be a moot point."

"I understand. Once we stop the sandstorm, I will position my men at the Wrestearst ruins where they will manage the feral activity and open the trade routes to and from Haven. The ruins will act as an outpost and relay any information to Haven. The desert will be tamed in no time." Tobias pauses and thinks about the masses and cities beyond the mountains.
"I wonder.."
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

VZCabetardo
Champion Noobite

Post by VZCabetardo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:27 am

"We will need to deal with these scouts of theirs first, in an attempt to stifle the knowledge of both our numbers and our exact defenses. We will need to arm the base and our soldiers against sandstorm damage, so proper attire will be a must."

"Ingram, I have heard that name before... You are the leader of the resistance forces on Haven yes?"
Zucco made a short pause but continued before waiting for an answer.
"I am Zucco, I fight by your shoulder in battle."
"The scout forces won't require the efforts of all of us, a task force should be sent to address this issue while the rest of us work to prepare the city against a frontal assault and a raging sandstorm."

"When the enemy charges, the faster Pokemon might get ahead of the rest of the pack giving us enough time to ambush and dispatch them quickly. If we manage to cut the mass in two we will have an advantage."

"Lastly, although I doubt it will be much use for anything else than a double disadvantage, my Glaceon can create a hail large enough to wreck havoc."
ImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:40 am

"No need to worry about that, I prepared something for trainers and their Pokemon to make the battle in the Karud Desert more... suitable. It'll be the first time in months that I released all four at the same time."

"Once we stop the sandstorm, I will position my men at the Wrestearst ruins where they will manage the feral activity and open the trade routes to and from Haven. The ruins will act as an outpost and relay any information to Haven. The desert will be tamed in no time."

Ingram didn't like secrets, especially when their lives were on the line. He wouldn't be able to rely on someone else's secret in battle, lest it not be quite as amazing as they originally foretold. It's wishful thinking to assume that there's only one source of the sandstorm as well.

"Tobias... We do not yet even know what leads the green mass, so it is impossible to plan that far ahead. Let's take this one step at a time. Now we must secure Haven, and then only once that has happened can we venture forth and face the mass on its own land."

Just then, another member of the crowd piped up, apparently just realizing that Ingram was actually the Ingram he'd heard about somewhere else.

"Ingram, I have heard that name before... You are the leader of the resistance forces on Haven yes?" Ingram had opened his mouth to answer, but apparently that was enough as the man kept talking. "I am Zucco, I fight by your shoulder in battle. The scout forces won't require the efforts of all of us, a task force should be sent to address this issue while the rest of us work to prepare the city against a frontal assault and a raging sandstorm. When the enemy charges, the faster Pokemon might get ahead of the rest of the pack giving us enough time to ambush and dispatch them quickly. If we manage to cut the mass in two we will have an advantage. Lastly, although I doubt it will be much use for anything else than a double disadvantage, my Glaceon can create a hail large enough to wreck havoc."

Ingram collected himself, making sure to remember everything this Zucco had said in order to respond to it all.
"Zucco, it is my honor to fight beside you. You're right, we won't all attend to the scouts, only a few of us, and only once we're done planning exactly how to prepare the city." Ingram thought on the other thing the man had said about the charge and almost visibly winced. If the green mass charged head-on, the city would stand a far better chance than how the green mass would instead likely make their attack. "That's the thing with the feral masses, though, Zucco. They do not charge headlong into combat and flail about hoping to kill everything. That is what makes them a mass and not a band of rogue ferals. These Pokemon will use their typing to their advantage and likely attack with a coordinated assault that abuses their innate advantages. I expect an underground attack with the above-ground portion of their mass coming in only after the sandstorm has been readied for their cover."

Ingram sighed. This sounded more hopeless the more he talked about it.

"If the worst comes to bear, you will need to create that hailstorm. Despite us suffering collateral damage from both the hail and the sand, at least the ferals won't benefit from the hail at all. I will signal you if it gets to that point. Let's hope we have a better solution by then, though."

Lucario and Weavile rounded the corner and were less than 3 blocks away from the Pokemon Center and moving fast.

VZCabetardo
Champion Noobite

Post by VZCabetardo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:32 pm

"That's the thing with the feral masses, though, Zucco. They do not charge headlong into combat and flail about hoping to kill everything. That is what makes them a mass and not a band of rogue ferals. These Pokemon will use their typing to their advantage and likely attack with a coordinated assault that abuses their innate advantages. I expect an underground attack with the above-ground portion of their mass coming in only after the sandstorm has been readied for their cover."

A pause, then a sigh from the commander

"If the worst comes to bear, you will need to create that hailstorm. Despite us suffering collateral damage from both the hail and the sand, at least the ferals won't benefit from the hail at all. I will signal you if it gets to that point. Let's hope we have a better solution by then, though."

Zucco reflected upon Ingram's knowledge and expertise on the masses for a moment.

"If you are right about the underground attack we might be able to prepare to counter their starting move, based on what you have said the leader of the pack, either a Hippowdon or Tyranitar shouldn't be on the sandstorm vanguard, if this is true we can try to foresee the place in which the sandstorm will start and hopefully attack the Pokemon causing it before it lasts too long."

"If the enemy has no cover their moves will be limited, either they will have to fight in the open or send another team to conjure a sandstorm, if we can manage to maintain a neutral climate we will rule out their main advantage."
ImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:45 pm

"If you are right about the underground attack we might be able to prepare to counter their starting move, based on what you have said the leader of the pack, either a Hippowdon or Tyranitar shouldn't be on the sandstorm vanguard, if this is true we can try to foresee the place in which the sandstorm will start and hopefully attack the Pokemon causing it before it lasts too long."

"If the enemy has no cover their moves will be limited, either they will have to fight in the open or send another team to conjure a sandstorm, if we can manage to maintain a neutral climate we will rule out their main advantage."

Ingram had already considered preparing for an underground attack, but then wrote it off as quickly as he'd thought of it. How exactly does one prepare for an underground attack? Wherever we prepare for it, they can just move the approach twenty meters in any direction and avert our defense entirely. Maybe there is something to be done, but Ingram felt that the time preparing the city was better spent elsewhere.

"I doubt greatly that the leader of the pack is something like a Hippowdon. Also, any Tyranitar of great size is such a monstrous presence, my Lucario would have sensed its aura by now. This leads me to believe that there is more at play than we're aware of and that any Tyranitar in this mass are not strong enough to claim alpha control over it." Ingram paused a moment and began pacing a bit with his eyes drifting into the distance before continuing.

"I also am loathe to admit that we have no way to utterly stop the onset of the sandstorm. We can only end its source as quickly as we can. Furthermore, I fear that they will not so foolishly send only one source of sandstorms, but many; that will ensure that they can both create a more massive sandstorm and do it as fast as possible."

Ingram's head and eyes darted back to Zucco. "They do not depend upon the sandstorm to be effective, Zucco, it just ensures that they carry the upper hand in the battle." Ingram assumed that this Zucco fellow had never really dealt with the likes of these ferals en masse before. Perhaps it was an arrogant assumption, but at the least it was the safe one. "That is the upper hand that we must snatch away from them." Ingram raised a fist to just in front of his chest and clenched it tight, indicating the control that they would need to steal away from the ferals during the inevitable siege.

Black_Heart
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Black_Heart » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Elise was lurking silently on one edge of the crowd of trainers. Her eyes were on the map, but they seemed dull and far-away, as if she was lost in thought about something entirely different. Morgan, on the other hand, was quickly glancing back and forth, studying each trainer in the room intently after gazing at the map for several minutes.

"I also am loathe to admit that we have no way to utterly stop the onset of the sandstorm. We can only end its source as quickly as we can. Furthermore, I fear that they will not so foolishly send only one source of sandstorms, but many; that will ensure that they can both create a more massive sandstorm and do it as fast as possible."

The trainer's continued dialogue was lost on Morgan, who blinked once before gliding over to Elise. She moved close enough that, had Morgan had one, their noses would have touched, and hovered there silently for a moment or two. The pose was broken when Elise nodded before turning around and taking a few steps toward Ingram and the others.

"Excuse me," she said quietly. "If we can determine the sources of the sandstorm, one by one, it is possible that Morgan could disrupt each Pokemon's attempts to maintain it by interfering with its focus." She gestured over her shoulder and the Mismagius performed an imitation of a curtsy. "Other than that, I don't believe there's much I can offer to deal with it. Night," she paused, "that is, my Yanmega, is too vulnerable to Rock-types to be able to participate in this. Although..." Elise looked over her shoulder at Morgan, and was met by a nod from the Ghost. "He could carry a smaller Pokemon into the air for a surprise attack... or a ranged one. He should be safe enough in the air."

She sighed suddenly, shaking her head in disappointment. "You don't know me, do you? I'm sorry. I've seen you before, Ingram, and I forgot we hadn't met. My name is Elise. You've seen Morgan." The Pokemon inclined her head as her name was mentioned. "Night is watching the skies, but as I said, he can't fight... so I'll be relying on Grim." She reached down without looking, and the Absol that had been pacing the room seemed to appear by her side. She scratched his neck, a small smile on her face. The smile faded as she spoke again. "What we have, we will give for you." Grim's head dipped down in a nod, his eyes never leaving Ingram's.
Image Image Image Image

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Ingram's train of thought was shattered when the little girl in the corner of the room began speaking. Was this really war? Did war really entail children getting themselves killed for the cause? He would not turn her away, as everyone deserves the right to defend themselves and their friends, but it tore at what was left of his humanity that a joyous life for a possibly once-sweet girl could be so brutally torn away by the ferals. Just another reason to end this some way, somehow.

"Excuse me, if we can determine the sources of the sandstorm, one by one, it is possible that Morgan could disrupt each Pokemon's attempts to maintain it by interfering with its focus. Other than that, I don't believe there's much I can offer to deal with it. Night, that is, my Yanmega, is too vulnerable to Rock-types to be able to participate in this. Although... He could carry a smaller Pokemon into the air for a surprise attack... or a ranged one. He should be safe enough in the air."

What the girl said made a lot of sense. He especially liked the idea of carrying a Pokemon into the sky. The desert was all but void of flying Pokemon. The mass didn't seem to trust anything with the ability to fly for some reason, so not even Skarmory or Gliscor made their homes among its ranks. Such a maneuver for a ranged Pokemon could be a tremendous boon, assuming the sandstorm didn't interfere. Before Ingram could respond, though, she continued speaking.

"You don't know me, do you? I'm sorry. I've seen you before, Ingram, and I forgot we hadn't met. My name is Elise. You've seen Morgan. Night is watching the skies, but as I said, he can't fight... so I'll be relying on Grim. What we have, we will give for you."

The Absol was making sure to be intimidating and clear in its stance. It was loyal, and would fight Ingram if he betrayed this Elise. Not that Ingram would do such a thing, but it was clear to him nonetheless.

"Elise," Ingram paused, considering the fleeting thought of treating her like the little girl she appeared to be, but decided against it. She stood with him now an equal in this war, and he would treat her as such. "Your ideas are sound. Mism--, Morgana, was it?" Ingram never gave Pokemon nicknames, resulting in the occasional slip-up when addressing Pokemon who do have them. "We will use you for this task. I recognize the threat these tyrannous Rock, Ground, and Steel types pose, so when the time comes I will assign my Weavile to cover you. He can draw their attention from you, as his renown with the green mass for ending their largest Pokemon will assure." Ingram continued, now addressing her point of the flying help. "Also, you mentioned your Yanmega's ability to carry another. I am sure that someone can take advantage of that." Ingram glanced at the rest of the trainers and waited for the possibility of someone piping up.

A young man stood up from the crowd in response.
"My name is Kenneth. My Omastar could really use a lift. It can tank the sandstorm to boot!"

This fellow was a bit too excited to have something to finally say, but he raised a valid point regardless. His Omastar, typically weighing under 80lbs, would be perfect for a lift. Its water attacks and resistance to the sandstorm would be invaluable in the sky.

"Alright, good. That's settled then." The young man didn't seem to want to sit down after having heard what Ingram had to say. When Ingram gave him a strange look after a few seconds, he finally got the idea and sat down. Ingram then addressed the group at large. "Does anyone else have anything they can contribute? If not, we should move on to how specifically we will prepare the city."

TwilightDreamer
Noobite Warrior

Post by TwilightDreamer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:46 am

Tanya noticed the little girl for the first time when she spoke up and winced inwardly that they could be so pressed that this was necessary.

Until this point Tanya took all the information in silently, but not calmly, her fists were white with barely restrained tension. The mass was filled with rock, ground, and steel types, in those conditions, she – with her… current team she winced again – felt frustratingly helpless… Blaze could be useful against steel types, but was far too vulnerable in the sandstorm, and ran the risk of other rock and ground types as well. Datz was not as inconvenienced, but with such a multitude of Pokémon his role was limited. No, Neri would be her primary fighter here, and even then, was more likely to be delegated to a supporting role…

This Ingram needed to know everything they were capable of to make effective decisions as their commander, though, so she spoke up at last and voiced her concerns… “… my Espeon – Neri – might be able to mitigate the effects of the sandstorm on our forces, however, or apply a stronger shield over an individual or smaller group our Pokémon for a concentrated assault... She could also try to pinpoint the location of the sandstorm generating Pokémon using her abilities…” She ended by trailing off.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Pokemon Adventures”