Karud: OoC

Follow VZ in their adventures in the post-apocalyptic Pokemon-filled continent of Karud! Delve deeper to find out more and hear their story.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Karud: OoC

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:53 am

...Because we always need one of these.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Karud: OoC

Post by Loki » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:16 pm

In case people have been wondering why character registration is taking this long to start, Dusk is currently on a plane ride home and numerous other stuff before that has occupied our time. Soooooooo, that being said, wait for tonight or tomorrow for registration.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Jericho Veronus
Blasphemer

Post by Jericho Veronus » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Yeah, Dusk has quite a few things on his plate for "changes" to the site.
May God have mercy on your soul, for you shall find none here!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:00 pm

There, my character is up. Have at it, ladies and gents. You only have to include the sections I did, and they certainly don't have to be nearly as long.

Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:17 am

How much will power is available for having pokemon out of their containers, i.e. how many pokes can be out at a time?

On an unrelated topic, PE2K has updated their sprite database with sprites from Pokemon Platinum, which significantly improves the sprite quality.

As an example, old Lucario:
Compared to new Lucario:
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:08 am

Dusk probably didn't pick platinum's sprite because the different pose.
I'm more concerned about the lack of HG/SS sprites :<
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:14 pm

Psic, I'm well aware of all of the sprite resources across the intertubes. Platinum's sprites aren't necessarily better than D/P's. For instance, I used Pt's Weavile because the pose is awesome and dynamic, but I really like D/P's Lucario more than Pt's. (His arms are proportioned incorrectly for what they're doing)

In case no one knows what he's talking about when he says PE2K, he's referring to this site.
Psiclone wrote:How much will power is available for having pokemon out of their containers, i.e. how many pokes can be out at a time?
As many as you want. The limiter is that with many out at once, they can all fatigue together, so after they're all tired you're pretty much screwed. Managing your pokemons' fatigue is important, and RPing it properly is something I put in the user's (your) hands. If you push it and overwork your pokemon and keep them going illogically, though, I'll definitely bring it up and call you on it.
Loki wrote:I'm more concerned about the lack of HG/SS sprites :<
You can easily yank them off of Serebii as needed.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:36 pm

Went through the current character submissions and reviewed them. Comments are in red at the bottom of your posts.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:26 pm

If you fix up your character and want me to re-review it, please tell me so in this topic. If you don't, I will assume that you haven't finished what I've asked and/or haven't responded to my question(s).

TwilightDreamer
Noobite Warrior

Post by TwilightDreamer » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Character fixed! (at least I hope so)
Image Image Image Image

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Reviewed all characters.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:28 am

Alright, I've fixed all the stuff you mentioned for my character. I saw all those errors and I was shocked... Dx

The reason the WP needed for the Nidoking and Queen is so low is because they would be awesome, but just like Aleks; they're horrendously aged and old! Because of this, Aleks' fears he will lose them since the two pokemon symbolize the bond that he and his wife shared and Aleks is now unable(because of all that's happened to him, his daughter and wife are dead Dx) to discard them in an effort to hold on to the memory of his wife. When they are out and fighting, The King and Queen can be a devastating fighting force, but a reliable and very old pokemon can only last so long...

And the Shedinja; It can barely fend for itself. What would probably keep it alive is Wonder Guard but since it's a ghost/bug, I'm sure it'd eventually join a Bug Mass(Green?) or the Black Mass. Because of it's abilities to block many many types, it would be cannon fodder to protect a frontal assault or important cargo. Since it's just around Aleks' most of the time, it doesn't fight, it just floats around Aleks even if it's visible to others. So... It's just a back up shield but like his King and Queen, it's outrageously old so... ja. I let Dusknoir be unaffected because it's a ghost but Shedinja is the skin of a Ninjask.. so.. yah.

hope the changes are good enough and I hope I can pull off rping this character
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:56 am

ohai auggie.

Guess I'll have to step it up a notch...
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:19 pm

Intoxicated_Crayon wrote:The reason the WP needed for the Nidoking and Queen is so low is because they would be awesome, but just like Aleks; they're horrendously aged and old! Because of this, Aleks' fears he will lose them since the two pokemon symbolize the bond that he and his wife shared and Aleks is now unable(because of all that's happened to him, his daughter and wife are dead Dx) to discard them in an effort to hold on to the memory of his wife. When they are out and fighting, The King and Queen can be a devastating fighting force, but a reliable and very old pokemon can only last so long...
So you're saying that they aren't a devastating force and that they have a critical weakness in their low fatigue. You need to make that clear in the submission post. Then I could see them being worth 2WP apiece.
Intoxicated_Crayon wrote:And the Shedinja; It can barely fend for itself. What would probably keep it alive is Wonder Guard but since it's a ghost/bug, I'm sure it'd eventually join a Bug Mass(Green?) or the Black Mass. Because of it's abilities to block many many types, it would be cannon fodder to protect a frontal assault or important cargo. Since it's just around Aleks' most of the time, it doesn't fight, it just floats around Aleks even if it's visible to others. So... It's just a back up shield but like his King and Queen, it's outrageously old so... ja. I let Dusknoir be unaffected because it's a ghost but Shedinja is the skin of a Ninjask.. so.. yah.
If it's that old, it can still tank a hyper beam and feel nothing - regardless of its fatigue or whatever. It also doesn't have to be a fighter, it just has to sit there and take it. He's still worth more than 1WP, no matter how you cut it. It's like using a really old Lucario - it's still awesome, no matter how old or crappy you try to make him out to be.

Psiclone
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:48 pm

My profile has been updated. I explained a little bit more about why he's leaving (and also gave him adequate protection from the feral masses). I also solved the Vlad problem a bit by using Ivan as a sort of counter-balance and I updated my traits (blue is positive, red is negative).

Hopefully it's approvable now (and I'll try to actually write something this time XD).
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pokemon Adventures”