[C] Caliga

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Av3n
Noobite Warrior

[C] Caliga

Post by Av3n » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:30 am

Caliga'Err
Council Member: Blade
Agility; Bane.

<Insert map's story here>.

Level 1 Skill:
Windshredder - Active
  • Grants Caliga +X movement speed and afflicts ruin for X seconds to enemies within a melee range every X seconds.
    Lasts for X seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Damnation - Active
  • Deals X magical damage to the target and afflicts mute for Y seconds.
    Y is greater if Caliga is closer to the target, inverse if Caliga is away from the target.
Level 1 Skill:
Tombreaver - Passive
  • Deals bonus xX Agility] damage per attack Y times.
    Where Y is the amount of conditions the target is suffering. Capped at X times.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Devoid - Active
  • Turns ethereal increasing magickal damage dealt to Caliga by X and reduces physical damage dealt to Caliga by X. Also allows Caliga to pass through units.
    Lasts X seconds.
Comments.

Here's my submission based on the one sentence description that Dusk gave me (link) which I found helpful since I don't play a lot of DoE. Which means that this hero can seem really close to other DoE heroes by chance and if that happens my bad.

So we got a level one Caliga with three abilities that he/she will most likely choose Windshredder or Damnation.

Windshredder would be good to help run away (but that just seems to waste the secondary effect) or to aid the killing of crowds and single targets with the constant application of Ruin to enemies around Caliga. Where Damnation can be the harassment/annoyance skill, harass since it deals damage and mute, annoying because you can mute someone for a second because you weren't close enough.

I don't know how but I got them to synergy-ize (well I see it as synergy) cause you can close in and afflict ruin with Windshredder and make better use of Damnation by casting it close up. Bleh chuck in Tombreaver and you get two hits of your Agility in it.

Ok for Tombreaver I'm going to explain why I underlined certain parts. The Agility underline was because I do remember that stats don't really interact with skills in DoE. If so I have an idea what to replace that with normal attacks instead of Agility damage. And the neat thing is that if he has a partner who can afflict other conditions he's just going to slice them up faster ^^.

Now what I had trouble with was to make an ultimate worth learning... So this is the best I can come up with (basing the skill slightly on the meaning of the word and what others had done with Caliga and the ethereal status). The point of this skill is to help Caliga chase, reach, or find a target easily no matter the situation as long as he is not getting nuked with spells.

And that's my submission, looking forward to the critique :D ^^.

-Av3n

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Caliga

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 17, 2010 2:05 am

Review:
  • Skills:
    - For the record, Caliga is a Strength hero. :P
    - Not a general fan of Voidwalk taking the ultimate role, as it's not that exciting of an ultimate. Tombreaver definitely seems to fit in that spot the best, IMO.
    - Windshredder seems off. I don't see Caliga affecting an area like this with any of his abilities; he should be picking out a target from the crowd and ripping it apart. He's adept at weaving into battle, killing someone, and getting out alive. It's a very specialized role, and I'd like to see if we could hone in on that.
    - Not sure I like the extra hits on Tombreaver being based by conditions on the target. Caliga is one of the few heroes I like standing apart from the crowd as a loner in combat. He's the rarity that will not have to rely on team support.
  • Feel:
    - It seems to me that Caliga's feel is mostly maintained with this entry, but that it doesn't actually improve Caliga much in the transition to the new version you propose. I'm not bothered by it, but I'm not particularly impressed either. Comes off to me as very average.
  • End Grade:
    C
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #4”