[D-] Caliga...again

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

[D-] Caliga...again

Post by Rectifier » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Caliga Err
Council Member: Blade
Strength; Bane.

Story.
Level 1 Skill:
Haunt:
  • Caliga curses a single target, causing an image of himself to appear behind them every second and strikes the victim once for X + .5 * base damage. This ability has a Y duration with a Z mana cost and the image strikes 1 extra time per level of Tombreaver, both Y and Z should increase per level.
Level 1 Skill:
Oblivion Seal:
  • Caliga seals your fate. Causes the target to be muted and ruined for W duration. Costs X mana for a Y duration at Z casting range. W, X, Y, and Z increases slightly with each level.
Level 1 Skill:
Void Walk:
  • Pretty standard here, Caliga goes ethereal and has X mana drained per second while gaining Y movement speed. The whole thing about different damage percentages applies here, X and Y increase per level. Caliga cannot attack during Void walk.
Level 6 Skill:
Tombreaver:
  • Activating this ability causes Caliga to gain an extra 2/3/4 attacks at half his normal damage whilst draining his health! If Caliga deals over X damage to a single target within 5 seconds, 5 seconds of bleed is applied to the target, because if you get chopped up to hell you should be bleeding all over the place. The amount of health drained increases slightly per level.
Comments.
The ghosts always seemed random to be even if they were cannon, so I took the basic build and applied my own spin to it, nothing fancy, although things might get hectic if someone has multiple haunts applied to them at once... I just hope I didn't make an ass of myself writing this build.
Last edited by Rectifier on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Caliga...again

Post by Fledermaus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:04 pm

I don't really like your Haunt as it seems like it's just the original but not AoE.

Unchanged Oblivion Seal is alright I suppose..

I think you should go into more detail with Voidwalk. I can't tell if you mean he goes ethereal and loses his attack, or just takes extra magical and less physical damage.

The extra effect tacked onto Tombreaver is really, really lame imo.

Overall, not much has changed from the current Caliga, which was kind of the purpose of the contest. Also:
Dusk wrote:Heavy condition interaction is preferred, but it may be difficult with this theme, so just try your best.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:38 am

Haunt is...completely different, instead its based off of Caliga's own damage, so it grows per level that way and it's potential grows again when he gains his level 6 skill. I did it this way because it would be MUCH easier to scale damage AND because Caliga should be a single target killing machine, I never liked how the ghosts did AOE damage, and to any player with half a brain, it hardly ever did AOE damage anyway.

I guess I should make it obvious whether or not attacking is possible during Void Walk, and since I rather liked it when you couldn't attack, I'll make that little edit.

I'll be extra lame and change the ult description from tacking on an ability to tacking on bleed instead.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 17, 2010 2:29 am

Review:
  • Skills:
    - Not a huge fan of the rendition of Haunt. It feels too much like a generic debuff now, which was specifically what I was trying to keep Haunt from ever becoming.
    - OSeal is pretty much the same.
    - Voidwalk is again, pretty standard.
    - So is... Tombreaver?
  • Feel:
    - 3/4 of the skills are pretty standard current Caliga. The new variation of Haunt basically spins it into the type of debuff I never wanted to be. I'm really not sure what to say here, it seems that you didn't really attempt anything creative or new with Caliga, just rehashed his first skill and that's it.
  • End Grade:
    D-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #4”