[C-] Callllllllllliga, the Drunken Post I Should Not Make

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

[C-] Callllllllllliga, the Drunken Post I Should Not Make

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:25 am

Caliga
Council Member: Brains, er... Blade
Agility, Banezors

Story: Extraneous

Level 1 Skill:
Oblivion's Calling
  • Activated Passive
    While active, every unit within some AoE of Caliga has Ruin extended by X every second in which they do not deal Physical damage. In addition, Caliga deals Y extra damage to ruined units.
Level 1 Skill:
The Void
  • Self Targeted Active
    For the next X (constant) seconds, Caliga is muted and is immune to physical damage. During this period, he gains Y movespeed. Additionally, his attacks extend Mute by Y% of the current duration he suffers from.
Level 1 Skill:
Touch of Grey
  • Active AoE
    For every condition not suffered by units within the AoE, a spirit is summoned, which randomly choose units within the AoE, chasing them and dealing X magickal damage for every Y% health missing from the unit and every condition the unit suffers. Spirits last Z seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Tombreaverer
  • AutoPassive, like PoS
    If off cooldown, the first unit Caliga strikes starts being attacked once every X (X<=1?) seconds by an image of Caliga, until they die or are more than Y distance from him. Every time Caliga kills a unit, the cooldown of this skill is refreshed, otherwise, it's twinking long.
Comments: Whoo contest entry. Here's hoping inebriation helps the creative flow, eh? (oh god)

Actually, unless I'm really out there, it doens't look too sihtty... Oh god, my typing is falling apart... eeh.

Edit: Alright, changed a bit, I think I weeded out most of the stupid ideas. The rest of the stupid has been kept for posterity.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Callllllllllliga, the Drunken Post I Should Not Make

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Review:
  • Skills:
    - I like the idea of something refreshing on killing something, but I feel the approach of a passive with a cooldown isn't the way to do it. Otherwise, I dislike that there are just too many activate skills that don't require targeting or aiming. The first skill is a bit meh with how it just ruins things, self-muting with The Void seems unnecessary. (Especially since passives with cooldowns are disabled by Mute)
    - Your approach to the summons is kind of cool, but I really dislike the whole "for every condition not suffered" part. Basically, you counter-synergize with your team, since they're going to try very hard to inflict as many conditions as possible. It also makes him counter-synergize with himself! Surely you see it can't be a good idea.
  • Feel:
    - Too passive, too little skill required, and he loses a lot of the "awesome" that the current Caliga has. Multi-smashing something and seeing a hundred red numbers is still one of the most satisfying things in DoE to do.
  • End Grade:
    C-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #4”