[B+] Innert, Anima Immobilus

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

[B+] Innert, Anima Immobilus

Post by Oxygen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:46 am

Innert
Anima Immobilus
Primary Attribute: Smaurt
Team: Order

Story: Stuff

Level 1 Skill:
Schism Chasm
  • Active Target Point
    After 3 seconds, causes all units within a certain range of target point to be displaced to it. Hostile units take X magic damage for every units displaced this way.
Level 1 Skill:
Banish
  • Active Target Any Unit
    Purges all condition on the target but renders it invisible until it succesfully attacks. Causes blind and cripple. Banished units take additional damage from magic.
Level 1 Skill:
Wolf Weep
  • Active Target Friendly Unit
    Functionality unchanged. Wolves were gifted with a very short ranged True Sight.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Pretty Sharp Edged Quiesce
  • Active No Target
    Functionality unchanged. Hostile units in contact with the "edge" of quiesce take physical damage per seconds per conditions and have main extended on them.
Comments: I kept my two favourite spells.
Last edited by Oxygen on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Innert, Anima Immobilus

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:01 am

Okay.

This hero is kewl :D.

It resembles your first hero but it owns more. Schism Chasm has the same effect as that skill... Descalage? The skill is extremely effective and made even more lolown by Quiesce.

Banish is a great spell. Once their invisibility is gone, they're completely vulnerable to magickal damage and even before that, the wolves have a true sight and magickal damage? GG banished person.

Quiesce is just an improved version of the current one. Owns people who try to run out of it and traps them to deal heavy damage to them.

Yay for Innert he is too smaurt!
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:29 am

Oh yeah? How about turning yourself invisible during Quiesce?

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Wolves were gifted with a very short ranged True Sight.
What is the point of this?
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:10 pm

Loki wrote:
Wolves were gifted with a very short ranged True Sight.
What is the point of this?
Banished units are invisible. Banished units take extra damage from magic.
Wolves deal magic damage. Play hide and seek with wolves!

I thought that'd be funny to do, especially since they're leashed.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - Awesome triple-skill synergy that doesn't feel forced and even keeps the current style of Innert intact.
    - I like that you took the immobility aspect of Innert to mean that an enemy cannot escape. That's a cool interpretation.
  • General Cons:
    - Not a big fan of the first skill dealing damage for each unit displaced. It devalues the skill in a chase, despite the obvious value of being able to yank a unit back a bit. I think a flat damage would've been much nicer.
    - I am not sure that I agree with a target-unit-click-shoot-cripple ability. I've never been fond of that type of skill and have tried to avoid it, and the invisibility almost makes up for it, but then you give the wolves truesight (and you obviously know where they are when crippled since you cast it on them and they can barely run). The truesight basically guarantees that you can turn any enemy hero who's low on life into a chicken-shoot free kill.
    - The synergy here is almost too intense, too easy to win with. I mean, I love that you can schism yank a crippled and banished unit back to the position of a wolf (3-skill-synergy with bonus damage to boot), but that is so free-kill on anything that runs it's not even funny. It's an overwhelming synergy, which is (almost) as bad as too little synergy.
    - Not a big fan of the damage on Quiesce. Locking the location of enemy units is a huge boon in certain situations, especially with the capacity to turn yourself invisible with Banish. (That alone was a big enough boost for it, doesn't need the damage too)
  • Final Thoughts:
    - I like this take on Innert. It's a serious take that even uses his current skills to great effect. I'm uncomfortable with some of the synergies proposed here, though, so I don't want it taking the cake in the contest, but it's definitely good enough to be up there with the other top contenders.
  • End Grade:
    B+
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #3”