[C-] Scathainn, Anima Polaris

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

[C-] Scathainn, Anima Polaris

Post by Psiclone » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:58 am

Scathainn
Anima Polaris
Intelligence; Hallowed Order.
Medivh model?
Story?

Innert's been hogging MY rightful position for too long!

Time to reclaim what belongs to ME! Mua ha ha ha!
Level 1 Skill:
Polarize
  • Creates two lines of magical energy at the target location (Think "X" shape). Units caught by one line will take 60/90/120/150/180 magickal damage and be blinded for 4 seconds. Units caught by both lines will also be maimed for 4 seconds. Maims Scathainn for 4 seconds.

Moderate-to-high Cooldown
Level 1 Skill:
Shunt
  • Active Ally Push. Scathainn pushes the targeted non-hero ally 400/500/600/700/800 distance in the direction it is moving. If it collides with a unit or obstacle, it will rupture, dealing 50/65/80/95/110 magickal damage in an area of effect to all units (including itself) and maiming them for 3 seconds.

Moderate-to-high Cooldown
Level 1 Skill:
Extraction
  • Autocast Condition Purge. Removes all conditions from the targeted unit and creates a Sinful Spirit at the target’s location. The spirit lasts 5 seconds times the number of seconds of conditions purged. ! Note: Cannot Target Self !

Sinful Spirit: Low health, average damage, high attack speed. Damage and (slightly) health increases with levels.

Low Cooldown
Level 6 Ultimate:
The Matrix
  • Toggled Condition-Lockdown Aura. Enemy units with 600 range of Scathainn suffering from conditions will have them extended indefinately for the same duration and take 10/20/30 magickal damage per second. Bleeds Scathainn until detoggled.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to have fun as this hero:
- Blast your foes with flashy and cool-looking magick designed to weaken them temporarily.
- Summon many, many Sinful Spirits.
- Laugh as chaos ensues.

Basically, I tried to design a hero I (hope) would be simple, fun to play, and altogether enjoyable. I didn't create to win (I certainly don't expect to), but merely to have fun and try my hand at the hero-making game after god knows how long.
Show?

Although winning would be very cool :D
Best of luck to all the other entrants, and may the best man hero win!
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Scathainn, Anima Polaris

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:57 am

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - I like how you summon for this hero. It's a very cool feeling way to summon; purge conditions, create proportional dude. My only concern is that it's useless at level 1 because if you don't have access to conditions, well there goes that.
  • General Cons:
    - I am trying to visualize the first skill and no matter how your explanation draws it in my head, it just doesn't seem all that cool or it seems way too close to sunder. Furthermore, the effect for hitting with both "lines" of the X just doesn't seem that exciting. Oh boy, they get maimed, errr.... I think this spell could be better developed.
    - This is perhaps a great example of why knockbacks don't work in DoE. Many times they've been tried, and every time they just feel terribly out of place. The second skill here jumps out at me as one of those. It just doesn't feel like a DoE skill.
    - The ult seems a bit out of place and like it doesn't actually fit the hero.
  • Final Thoughts:
    - The hero's not bad by all rights, it just feels kind of random. I mean, you get an X spell thing, a summon to remove conditions, a knockback that doesn't really work in DoE, and an ult that does some AOE stuff and extends conditions. They don't flow, they don't synergize, they're just... There.
    - I've certainly seen worse heroes, but this one just isn't anything exciting to jump off the walls about. I do like the summon, though, so you get some brownie points there. Just a bit too all over the place for my tastes.
  • End Grade:
    C-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #3”