[C] Innert, Anima Immobilus

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

[C] Innert, Anima Immobilus

Post by Loki » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Innert
Anima Immobilus
Intelligence; Hallowed Order

I COME FROM THE WHOOOOOOOSHHH

Level 1 Skill:
Purge
  • Single Any Target
    Purge removes all conditions and replaces it with Maim and Cripple for X seconds
Level 1 Skill:
Purification Ward
  • Summon Ward
    All nearby foes not suffering X number of conditions will suffer Y DPS
Level 1 Skill:
Radiation
  • Single Any Target AoE
    Ally or Foe suffering Radiation will suffer X seconds of burn and blind while any foe next to Radiation will suffer Y DPS and Z seconds of burn and maim.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Remission
  • Toggled Aura
    All nearby enemies losing their condition near Remission will add X seconds of mute. Remission drains Y mana per second.
Note; Radiation should work just iike Starcraft's Science Vessel's Irradiate.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Innert, Anima Immobilus

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:20 pm

Nice. For how simple and interesting the first 3 skills are, the ultimate is very very busy, but I'm not sure how much it really adds to the hero. It seems almost like the Ult would be more than enough just being the mute, as the wards exploding is ill explained and rather strange...
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:24 pm

I totally agree when I posted the hero I noticed how the ultimate stood out too much, I'll fix that.
I want to redo the third skill so it can interact more with blind.
ImageImageImageImage

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:09 am

Seems like a nice hero, good job Loki :p.

There is some clever condition interaction going on but the ultimate has a bunch going on. It seems like a lot of wards would be spawned :p. Do the wards transfer whatever condition created them to nearby enemies?
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:16 am

The wards/runes whatever do transfer the previously lost condition at the same initial duration.
I will probably redo that part of Remission.
ImageImageImageImage

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:40 pm

I redid Radiation and Remission.
ImageImageImageImage

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:01 pm

I don't really get how Purification Ward fits in there. Am I missing something? <.<
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:20 pm

Purification ward works really well and cleanly with the first skill and the ultimate. Essentially, you control the number of conditions they have on them, and get the nice kicker of the mute whenever another runs out (but the total still remains the same).

The only problem with this hero right now is that the third skill still doesn't really fit the flow, but with such a tight synergy between the other three, I can't really think of anything else to fit in...
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:15 am

Since you usually have at least 2 conditions on the enemy, the X of the ward should be 3 then to be effective, or?
If that's the case, isn't it rather rare that someone has 3 or more conditions on him? The damage condition of the ward just seems weird to me.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:15 pm

3 would probably be the best number since it's easy to apply conditions but hard to keep conditions. Which works in play with Purge and Remission. The damage condition is specific because it helps define what this version Innert is. Which is controlling the flow of conditions and abusing it for his needs. If I wanted to change this ward, I would need to making it cause DPS when X hero suffers Y conditions, but that's lame.

If Purification Ward is out of place, then Radiation is even more out of place. (Which I will tinker soon)
ImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - Simple hero with simple spells. They fit right into the DoE environment.
  • General Cons:
    - Your first skill is one that purges conditions and inflicts cripple and maim in their place. So, if an ally has burn, you replace it with cripple and maim of X seconds? That's kind of counterproductive. Furthermore, you can remove 7 conditions on an enemy unit to replace it with only 2. That doesn't fly at all, man.
    - I am going to assume that Purifcation Ward requires less than X conditions for the DPS to occur, otherwise it is way too conditional to only not work for exactly X conditions. So, this says what. This says that you want the enemies to not have too many conditions or your ability doesn't work on them? Isn't that slightly team-counterproductive? Your entire allied team is going to want to funnel as many conditions on the enemy as possible to shut them down, but you are going to do worse if that happens. Furthermore, you can use Purge on an enemy to remove up to 7 conditions from it and replace it with 2? Why? So it will take DPS from your ward? Even though it makes them more likely to escape/survive/kill you now that you've removed ruin/mute/burn/bleed/blind from the enemy unit? Where's the logic in that?
    - And radiation enables perfect TKing? I mean, consider the other hero who can kill an ally, Malth. Maltheron first heals you for more life than the burn would deal damage, and then inflicts burn. That means that he is always net healing his ally, no matter what. In your case, you will net hurt your ally, and it'll only be worth it if he's in the middle of combat. What if he's not? What if you're just a dick and want to kill an ally outside of battle? You totally could, and I don't like supporting that kind of thing.
    - Remission is basically a perma mute since it will trigger off of the mute it already inflicts. So basically, enemies that have conditions in the AOE cannot cast spells. Ever. How is that fair at all? Furthermore, since you use the word add, you can totally stack huge mute durations on the poor kids. Dude, this spell even owns condition removing potions, since it adds mute when conditions are removed, including by pots!
  • Final Thoughts:
    - I think the biggest problem with the hero breaks down to the way the skills work fundamentally. You've got problems with the first and third skills where they really don't force a net gain from the cast, they allow net losses. That's not kosher no matter how you slice it. The second skill is counterproductive in all team scenarios despite its obvious "synergy" with the first skill. The ult, after all that crazed net loss stuff, turns out to be so imbalanced in principle that it actually makes up for the net loss of his other skills combined

Surely you can see my strife with it. :p
    - I think the hero could be okay, and might almost possibly maybe in-another-world be fun if you could fix all the huge holes in it. I have no idea how to do that without totally remaking the hero, though, so... Yeah. No inspiration, no real awesome interaction, and summons that are 'meh' at best really doesn't make this out to be the best (or worst) hero I've seen yet.
  • End Grade:
    C
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #3”