[B+] Akhiva, the Hedgewitch

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Phox
Letter Linguist

[B+] Akhiva, the Hedgewitch

Post by Phox » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:52 pm

Akhiva
Hedgewitch
Intelligence, Ranged; Order.
(Furion Model; I would say Shaman, but I seem to remember that Dusk hates that model for some reason.)

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Call of the Wild
  • [No Target] Splits into a trio of Shadow Wolves, which do Magickal damage and can move through units, extending Cripple and Maim for 2 seconds. At any time, any of the wolves may be transformed back into the Hedgemage (leaving the other two intact). Higher levels spawn more powerful wolves.
Level 1 Skill:
Black Magick
  • [Point Target] Fires a beam of energy in a line, which does X Magickal damage per second while channeled and extends Blind by 2 seconds each second. Can be channeled for up to 3 seconds. (Very short cooldown)
Level 1 Skill:
The Pack
  • [Passive] Whenever the Hedgewitch or one of his wolves kills an enemy, he gains an X% bonus to his and his wolves' magickal damage for 6 seconds. This effect stacks. If a dying enemy was suffering from Blind, the bonus is doubled.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Witchcraft
  • [Single Target] Kills the target non-hero unit and teleports to its location. Witchcraft's cooldown refreshes instantly if the target was suffering from Maim.
Obviously numbers are subject to change.
Last edited by Phox on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Lar Suris, the Inquisitor

Post by 2-P » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:57 pm

The summon is kinda random. Seems like you put it in there just because it's a requirement for the contest. oO
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:04 pm

I suppose so. I'll see if I can figure out something better.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 am

Edited.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Akhiva, the Hedgewitch

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:23 am

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - The first hero that I've read over and gone "Hey, this is good."
    - The ult is wicked sick, totally digging the functionality in that one, and a perfect setup for his first skill. He's got a great chase-mentality, leaping after heroes through creeps and then kicking butt with his laser beam.
    - The Pack is a very cool skill with the ult, since you can insta-hack an enemy creep and force-boost the passive once. That kind of interaction is clutch.
  • General Cons:
    - Laser beam is channeled, and he plays into a very chaser mentality. This kind of makes it counterproductive for him to stand there and channel. What I would do, personally, is have the laser beam teleport him to the end of the laser beam if it channels for the full duration. In that light, it'd give him a great deal of mobility, but only if he finished it. People would also know where he's going, balancing it. (He could hit stop if they set up a quasi-trap)
    - The cripple and maim extension in the first skill being when they walk through units is kind of sappy. Personally, the mechanic where he becomes a wolf is retarded as well. He should just summon the wolves and they should cripple, then he can use his ult to port through them as necessary. (Once level 6)
    - Don't really like the blind hook on his passive, seems superfluous.
  • Final Thoughts:
    - I've noted basically everything I needed to say above. The hero is damned cool, and with minor tweaks that I've already mentioned could both fit into DoE and mesh well with the other heroes. My only cry havoc is that the conditions used in the hero really don't make me feel all that great. It's a great hero, a really great one, but I feel that it just doesn't work with conditions as well as it could. For that reason, it doesn't break into the 'A' ratings, but sits comfortably on top of the 'B's.
  • End Grade:
    B+
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #3”