[D] Antium, the Morguesmire

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

[D] Antium, the Morguesmire

Post by Greenspawn » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:22 am

Antium
Morguesmire
Intelligence; Order

Level 1 Skill:
Death Charge
  • Causes the target unit (if it's an enemy, it changes allegiance temporarily) to charge in the direction of the line that joins Antium and the target, running right through all enemies in its wake, dealing X physical damage and maiming & crippling them for Y seconds. Unit can charge a distance up to 1000. Unit returns to its normal position afterwards. If the target is already maimed or crippled, it is also knocked down for 3 seconds. (Target Unit Non-Hero)
Level 1 Skill:
Calling the Pack
  • Creates three spirit wolves that run right at the target area that become selectable once they reach the target area, dealing X magickal damage and blinding enemies that get too close to them for Y seconds. Spirit Wolves deal magickal damage, get stronger with level, and have invisibility that increases in effectiveness, cumulating into permanent invisibility at level 5. (Target Area + Summon)
Level 1 Skill:
Synyster Plot
  • All magickal damage caused by Antium or his summons deals X bonus damage to units suffering from a condition for each condition. Also causes Antium's attacks to have a 20% chance to mute foes for 6 seconds for each condition the foe suffers from. (Passive)
Level 6 Ultimate:
"Return to me!"
  • Lets out a devastating cry that knocks down all enemies in a radius of 700 for 4 seconds, 50% longer for each condition they suffer from, and deals X magickal damage. Recalls all of Antium's spirit wolves, which run full speed at him, crippling foes for Y seconds. (Instant Activated)
Last edited by Greenspawn on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:12 am, edited 8 times in total.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Innert, the Anima Immobilus

Post by Oxygen » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Greenspawn wrote: Chorus of Voices
  • As long as Innert is within 2000 range of the targeted foe, it suffers from Maim for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds every second. Lasts 12 seconds. (Target Enemy Unit)

This entire spell needs to be redesigned; it is useless against creeps and about half the heroes, and entierely too strong against a select few. I'm not remotely thrilled at the idea of using this.
Greenspawn wrote:Switchfect
  • Destroys the target summoned unit, causing Innert to teleport to its location, dealing 80/120/160/200/240 magickal damage to nearby foes and muting them for 6 seconds. (Target Summoned Unit)

Ressembles communion alot. Teleport "is" fun, but if you want to keep it, you'll have to use something else.
Greenspawn wrote:Sunscream
  • While active, causes all magickal damage dealt by Innert or his Spirit Wolves to blind foes for 6/8/10 seconds. Drains mana per second. (Active Passive)
[/list][/list]
Very underwhelming for an ultimate. Reminds me of Ash Arrows, though with no bonus damage, and holding an ultimate slot.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Innert, the Anima Immobilus

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Ugh, having skills that affect other skills is kind of a no-no. The ult is a little overpowered and could probably stand to work for just Innert, but skill one is pretty worthless if you don't have the wolves, and it's not cool to force decisions like that.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Antium, the Morguesmire

Post by Greenspawn » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:13 am

Completely redone, looking for new feedback.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Antium, the Morguesmire

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:40 am

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - N/A
  • General Cons:
    - You've got some "Holy shit" bonuses in there. Your passive has a 20% to mute for each condition on the target. So if they have five conditions, your attacks are guaranteed to mute for 6 seconds apiece. That's rough as hell. Furthermore, that ult has the potential to knockdown for an obscene amount of time. 50% per condition is nuts, even a lower % is nuts. The whole concept of a hyper-extensive knockdown is just insane (and really doesn't even fit the hero).
    - The first skill is really "Huh?" Why is a random unit (that changes alliances no less if it's an enemy) charging towards a point, dealing damage and stuff, and then teleporting back? Really, where's the logic behind an ability like that? I read that ability and was like "Okay, some kind of death knight charging thing" and then the rest of the hero just screamed otherwise. Feels totally off key on the hero.
    - I mentioned earlier, but the ult and first skill really don't feel like they fit the hero at all. Such a huge knockdown is just out of place and the random charge ability is as well. I can't place myself on an aesthetic for the hero just because it's all over and isn't presenting a clear role and style and theme.
  • Final Thoughts:
    - It needs more coherence, that's the biggest problem. I don't like to repeat myself, but man, it's just all over the place. You really need to think more about how the hero would flow in combat mechanically and aesthetically before you drop a hero like that. You'll see what I mean if you think about it a bit. It could be worse as a whole, but honestly, it's hard to give it anything remotely positive in the score when the hero just doesn't make sense as a collective.
  • End Grade:
    D
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #3”