[D-] Gandor Steelside

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Re: Gandor Steelside

Post by assassingao » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:00 am

Level 1 Skill: - Aura
Call to Arms

If a unit suffers a condition for longer than X seconds around Gandor, it spawns a Spirit of War. SoWs are blinded permanently because of their rage. This blind is transferred to all nearby foes and Gandor for 2 seconds upon death.
Spirit of War should adds blind to nearby enemy units in AoE upon death, and they should be able to do more than...you know, tank the hell out of enemies. Maybe give those SoW an aura that adds blind to nearby enemy units too.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Passive
Godly Judgment

Whenever Gandor lands an attack when blind, he stuns the target for X seconds. SoWs that land an attack while blind maim their victims instead.
None should use conditions to hurt themselves unless there's a very good reason to do. (Kassar and Maltheron, to name one of those examples)

And it's too luck-oriented with blind anyway.

My suggestion, change blind usage to maim, and for his ult, speeds his attacks up whenever he is maimed. (random guess :c)

This hero kinda reminds me of both Atrius and Vertejaune. The whole blind usage and stuff. Call to Arm reminded me of Vert while Godly Judgement reminds me of Atrius. (But at least, for Atrius, if he can't land a bash, at least he can damage the enemy.)

Well, I don't know how to help, since I'm quite inexperienced at DoE hero suggestion.

Good luck, man.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:58 pm

Well, I wanted the blind for making some synergy. Maiming is even worse. Decreased damage and speed? I already made a hero that centered around removing maim and receiving boosts from having it, maim just doesn't work. Eliminates the purpose of trying to melee a unit.

And about the Atrius thing, hence why I suggested the idea to increase hit chance while blind or nearly negating it entirely. I'll take the things you guys have said into account and see what I can do.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:30 am

What if it can send some kind of projectile when it attacks while it's blinded?

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:57 pm

Okay, how about if the ultimate is an active buff that renders you immune the 75% miss of blind. The buff will last X seconds + Y% of the seconds of blind you are suffering from. While the buff is active, your damage is splash and you stun your target for part of a second or a second or two.

The projectile may work, but he's better off trying to attack instead of missing and having a projectile doing his work. The blind on the Thunderstrike is almost like a CD and the Thunder Cloud could render you immune to blinds missing effects for how long you channeled, just turning out some possible ideas.

[Edit; Or... Regarding that aura you spoke of. Maybe whenever an SoW misses, it deals X magickal damage in an AoE and blinds people. If it doesn't miss, it still deals its normal damage, so yay!]

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:38 am

I mean it always sends out the projectile, so that if it misses, it could still deal damage, but if it doesn't miss, YAY BONUS DAMAGE FTW.

Dunnooooo, I'm feeling kinda blurry at the moment.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:40 pm

Well. A projectile is kind of lol. Maybe it strikes them with a bolt of lightning or he throws a hammer? xD

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:09 pm

Entirely up to you :P

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Intoxicated Crayon wrote:Well. A projectile is kind of lol. Maybe it strikes them with a bolt of lightning or he throws a hammer? xD
Why not call him Zeus?

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:20 pm

Well, It's kind of the theme I was going for. Lightning warrior mountain king. Maybe I should just give him global lightning whenever he misses right? And I can just make Thunderstrike be a storm bolt missle and stun right?! :DDDD

But yeah. Working on the hero.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:44 pm

What if he makes a summon if he attacks while he's blinded?

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:42 am

Alright, here's an idea...

What if, Gandor can sacrifice a spirit instead of letting it die on it's own. By doing so, he gains X seconds of blind but his hit chance increases by like, 15% per second of blind and this buff lasts for how much time the summon had left to live.

Or... Thunderstrike could increase your hit chance with each consecutive strike and it kills any unit with the skill, a SoW is made.

Just trying to create more synergy with summons(Without completely destroying my hero) ATM since my hero really doesn't stand a chance with one passive that makes blind people.

Edit; Or thunderstrike, instead of dealing bonus damage, it can blind you but make you do X more attacks. This balances the 25% miss and gives you a chance to multiply damage... But it looks like a weakened tombreaver... > . <

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - N/A
  • General Cons:
    - Thunderstrike is self-defeating. You use it and the first time you attack, you blind yourself and nearby enemies. Then, the next X-1 attacks you make you do so while blinded, making you less likely to hit and thus defeating your own skill. You need to be careful for flaws like that.
    - The spirits of war are a terribly not-exciting and not-really-useful summon. Furthermore, you basically don't really do anything with them. They just sort of spawn and sit there, doing nothing, until they die at which point they do some short-lived blind that wears off before people even realize that it's there. And why in the world does it blind the hero too?
    - Okay, the ult... First of all, being blind is a bad thing. Secondly, being blind makes you hit 75% less, which effectively lowers your attack DPS by 75%. Thirdly, since there is no level of control over the behavior of the blind when it is on you, the ult has a very large percent chance (75%) to do absolutely nothing and be absolutely useless and a waste of skill points. Really, is the 1-2s stun that one time every 4 attacks going to be all that helpful? Furthermore, what does he really gain from the stun? The enemy can just sort of walk away, it's not like he can snare them in any other way. I mean dude, he even has a channeling ability that keeps him from moving and chasing. Were you particularly looking for ways to counter-synergize with yourself when making the hero?
  • Final Thoughts:
    - See my last comment in general cons. I don't feel like repeating myself. The hero basically counters himself to the point where he is useless and lacks a definite role. (or the ability to really impact the combat metagame at all..) Just try to imagine how silly this hero would look and feel in the game if he was ever added.
  • End Grade:
    D-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #3”