[F] Dahaka, Protector of Ages

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

[F] Dahaka, Protector of Ages

Post by assassingao » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:41 am

Dahaka
Protector of Ages
Intelligence, Order

Model: Whatever model Dahaka uses in AotZ

Story: I have removed Innert from the war. He corrupts the time too much that I had to remove him from the game to preserve the balance.
However, the balance is currently tilted toward the Bane, which will later seek to destroy the time itself once they triumph.

The Bane must be deleted from the history at all costs. They are too disastrous, too endangering to the time itself to be kept alive.

Level 1 Skill:
Timerip
  • (Targeted Chaotic Projectile) Sends the time forth to the target direction which explodes for every enemy unit hit, fast-forwarding their veins so much that blood spilled out, adding bleed by 3 seconds for each explosion. Each level decreases cooldown (gets really short in level 5). The time itself will be gone after it traveled for 800 distance.
    (Projectile radiates out whenever it hits a unit. The radiation also adds bleed. Kind of like Kree's Fireball and Fahren's Blaze combined)
Level 1 Skill:
Faux
  • (No Target AoE disable/damage) Maims enemy units within an AoE of Dahaka for 5 seconds, dealing X penetrating damage. Also blinds Dahaka and maimed units by 5 seconds. Shorter cooldown each level. (gets really short in level 5)
Level 1 Skill:
Exceptions
  • (No Target Summon) Conjures a Timetalker which can either removes a condition from a friendly unit, or increases a random condition's duration by 50% for foes (only works on foes with at least one condition on them). Using an ability will cripples both the Timetalker and the target by 1 second.
    Timetalker has 100/200/300/400/500 max life. All abilities cost 100 life. Max 3 Timetalkers.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Fast Forward
  • (Passive conditional regeneration) For every condition within an AoE of Dahaka (whether from a friend, himself or enemies), Dahaka's life and mana will increase by 3/6/9 per second per condition.
His primary aim is to make others suffers chaos. He isn't deadly damage-wise, but he will be the most annoying hero for the enemy to encounter. The only damage he is capable of doing is from faux and bleed. Else he's a mid-support with formidable power to survive.
I love how he interacts with time, as he is the Guardian of Time, or the Protector of Ages (literally) as well. He can only do what time allows him, which is a lot.

Lore-Wise (Doesn't have anything to do with the hero, but still...)

Timerip - Fast-forword their veins, making blood spurt out, kinda.
Faux - Slows the time down, making them unable to move their arms. Slows the vision from the eyes down, too, making them unable to see clearly. Of course, looking upon the time while casting all that jazz would slow himself down in some way, he's just more used to it that he didn't get maimed.
Exceptions - Even time has exceptions, for he to protect the time, he is able to abuse it to some extent to keep protecting the time. He can cures allies and prolongs the foes' suffering, which is entirely up to him to decide how long it will suffer.
Fast Forward - The more suffering he sees, the more Dahaka is encouraged to move himself forward in the time to avoid seeing the suffering.
Last edited by assassingao on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:45 am, edited 9 times in total.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Re: [Remake] Innert, Anima Immobilus

Post by 2-P » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:55 am

Conjures a false spirit of the summoned unit.
What does that mean? oO

Not sure if random blinks are a good idea.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:17 am

False Spirit is kind of a summon.

You know, maybe using Voidwalker's model or something.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:48 am

I get the false spirit part, but what does "of the summoned unit" mean? You create a spirit of a summoned unit? Which summoned unit? Or is the spirit the summoned unit? o_O
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:24 pm

Well, if you target unit X and unit X has some conditions.
The summon's attacks will afflict a random condition that unit X had.

That means if I targeted Vela when she's bleeding, the summon's attack will also apply bleed to all unit that it attacked.

If Vela is also suffering from Ruin, then the summon will either have bleeding attack or ruining attack. Not both.

False spirit's a summon, I originally designed it to be a clone/illusion of the unit, I'll fix it up soon :P

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:50 am

Up ye go, it's no longer Innert.

I have other ideas though...

he he he, we'll see.

(Self note:

Wolf - Renders target invisible and creates a wolf. Invisibility lasts until the wolf dies. Wolf dies if the target dies. Stackable.
Glaive - Just for the hell of it. Summons a controllable Glaive which spins around a Oberen-only-controllable/selectable unit. (It's only good as Parhelios' glaive remake :P)
Banegrip - Grips the target, making it continuously sucked into Oberen's position. Maims Oberen and add maim to the target.
Magnet - Debuffs the target, for each attack it takes, it is pulled X distance toward Oberen.

Too random, maybe I'll replace "Split" with "Wolf". Dunno.

*I need new ult. Now.)

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Re: Dahaka, Protector of Ages

Post by assassingao » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:15 pm

God knows how much I have been thinking of this, bump, I guess, it's another hero now.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:38 pm

lol. Dahaka makes your veins explode.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:44 am

He corrupts the time too much that I had to remove him from the game to preserve the balance.
See the pun? lol

lol. Dahaka makes your veins explode.
Have too few wounds for you?
Want some more wounds to gloat at your stupid, crazy friends?

Afraid not!

Call 1800-Dahaka-rawrawr and we will give you wounds based on your choosing, just before you decide to order!

$1 dollar for each wound.
$5 for a scar. (Dahaka needs to screw the time up properly for this to happen)

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:50 am

Review:
  • General Pros:
  • General Cons:
    - Wait, what the heck does the first skill even do? "Fast forwarding their veins" (????)
    - Dahaka? REALLY? Like, I know I'm not supposed to consider hero names and stuff, but REALLY?! Dahaka is the hero from AotZ that probably makes the least sense in DoE mechanically. Nice story, albeit not actually making any sense. :p
    - What the heck is Dahaka doing with a summon? A "timetalker"? That doesn't even make any sense, nor does the mechanic behind it. Really, it randomly extends or reduces conditions to target units. The usage of that is so limited in most situations that it's not even funny. The whole spell would actually be better without the summon, and that's not a good position to be in considering that the summon is the important part of the hero's role. (Or should be)
    - Probably the least exciting ult I've ever seen. I mean, really, it just sort of heals him a minimal amount and makes him way too tanky for a caster when surrounded by enemies with conditions. It also makes no sense with his theme.
  • Final Thoughts:
    - I don't actually know what you were trying to do with this hero. The theme is completely off, the playstyle is practically nonexistent, and the summon may as well not exist at all. If I made this hero, the first thing I'd do would be to remove the summon for being superfluous, and that's bad for this contest. And you know, what really bugs me is that this guy is just condition and spell spam with no actual thought behind it. Random condition extensions and random summon and random useless ult really don't play into a hero very well for creating a role. You really need to put a lot more concentrated thought into your heroes before you submit them.
  • End Grade:
    F
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #3”