3.00 Dahaka

The Advent of the Zenith world is an expansive and diverse one where the characters are vibrant and the environments epic. Any terrain art, fan art, concept art, or the discussion thereof relating to the AotZ world and its characters goes in this forum.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

3.00 Dahaka

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:43 pm

Hey all!

AR designed this version of Dahaka which I like very much, but what do you all think? Do you think this adequately represents the character Dahaka is? Let me know, as I think it does, but I'd like to know your thoughts.
Final Dahaka

Body Shots

"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: 3.00 Dahaka

Post by Loki » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:44 pm

[9:43:34 PM] <Dusk@Azeroth> Anyways.
[9:43:37 PM] <Dusk@Azeroth> Dahaka's posted.
[9:43:46 PM] <Loki-The-Hero> WAT
[9:44:05 PM] <Loki-The-Hero> WTFPWN

I think he'd be cooler if he had more lighter colors to have a more of an ethereal feel if that was the correct word for it.
The mask is kinda clunky for some reason.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Black_Heart
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Black_Heart » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:49 pm

As far as "adequately representing" Dahaka's character, I really can't say, as I don't know Dahaka's character that well.

However. As far as "looking adequately badass" goes, this most definitely exceeds the criteria, as do all of the other 3.00 skins I've seen so far.

Keep up the awesome work, AR.
Image Image Image Image

Bregan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Bregan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:59 pm

the orange on his head, or at least that shade, throws it off too much. its like "BAM!!!! scamp just blew out of my head"

he is very badass looking.

the ethereal looks a little too clear, and the orange is just a terrible fit for that. keep him solid, maybe lighten the shading of it all a smidge.

basicly, just dont do neon for the hair, it contrasts way to much. blend/match.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:17 am

Awesome, but I dont like that bright orange either.
As for the ethereal, meh, I think it'd be fine just normal.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:23 am

Honestly, the whole ethereal thing, while cool, doesn't match with the colors, imo. But the normal one is badass.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:25 am

I don't like the ethereal thing either; it was just an idea we originally had and then ditched later because it didn't really fit. Sent just asked me to post it.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:39 am

I agree with all of the above, a very nice job, but the orange does throw it off.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:51 am

Better Maybe?

Dragon_Sentinal
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Dragon_Sentinal » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:58 am

Well, first off I'd like to make sure AR knows that I owe him several cookies, for all his wonderful work.

I really do like the skin, there are just a few things that do kinda bug me about it.

First off the hair, It's been said enough but it's just waay too flamboyant. Personally I wanted to see either the mask wrapped around the head, or the cape extended and wrapped behind the mask (so it looks more like a cloak) but apparently neither of those are good solutions. Bottom line, the hair is bright, and it just takes the focus away from his face (where the real awesome is)

Speaking of the face, Is there any way at all to fix the Omega Symbol on his helmet? (EDIT: It looks much better in the new picture) I know that aparently "The wrap is retarded, but it kinda looks more like a heart than anything. Other than that I really love the face, the mask fits him so well, It's very blended with his skin, but at the same time his eyes stand out against it.

Again, speaking of the cape. The top part of it looks odd, I can't really explain it, It just looks a bit darker, and I don't know, It just doesn't really look like it fits. I cant really explain it further, but I almost wish the entire top part of it was just gone.

Lastly, I just don't really know about the feel of him, It's hard to explain, but the skin tone, and somewhat of the texture just makes me think "banite" I don't know.. .I just imagine him more, alien (in the sense that while he physically exists here, this is not his domain) Bah, it's hard to explain, but it's really just a personal vision of him, and it doesn't really meen anything about his model (dusk's vision is the one that counts)

Honestly, even if nothing changes I love the skin, and as storm pointed out "You won't really be able to notice a lot of that in game anyway", So mostly I'm nitpicking because I know enough about Dahaka, and because I physically can nitpick.

Anyway, Keep up the wonderful work AR, and contact me sometime to redeem your half dozen cookies :p
I weep, I weep at my own idiocy, my favoritism, for the end of an era, the fall of a giant, I weep for the lost souls who rested upon it's shoulders, who found themselves beneath it's girth, for those who stand over the fallen behemoth refusing to let it die, I weep, for all who found safety and comfort in it's shadow and for all who depended on it's watchful gaze, in this world full of malice, in this world full of suffering, chaos and hatred... I weep

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:06 am

Everything is awesome.

(Except that weirdy orange stuff.)

Bregan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Bregan » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:18 am

still neon.

but the symbol now looks GREAT.

the lower sections of each chunk do a better job at making a non eye-assaulting blend/shade of colors, but the tips are too bright. the brighter lines eat away at the darker ones and over power them.

portrait level, these things can reach a happier medium easier, but "in game" distance he would still have an orange hunting hat on. it would glow too much. like, orange sun on maroon tapestry, you cant stop from staring there or constantly coming back to it.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:01 am

Dragon_Sentinal wrote:First off the hair, It's been said enough but it's just waay too flamboyant.
This is pretty much the only thing I have against him.

Everything else is awesome(-ly Dahaka).
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:49 am

Blah

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:54 am

I kinda like his hair. Even gods can be in fashion, no?

Also, that reminds me of the Netherblade Facemask from wow

http://upload.wowhead.com/images/screenshots/73154.jpg

needless to say that this is a win. There was a meme where everyone would spam the item's name for no reason. I don't quite get that, but it's epic anyway.

Return to “Concept & Fan Art”