3.00 Ronin

The Advent of the Zenith world is an expansive and diverse one where the characters are vibrant and the environments epic. Any terrain art, fan art, concept art, or the discussion thereof relating to the AotZ world and its characters goes in this forum.
pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Re: 3.00 Ronin

Post by pandamanar » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:38 pm

So who just out of curiousity which character do all of you want to see the 3.00 version for?
Well, I doubt Scamp or Myriad will get a new skins/models... so that narrows my pickings down a bit. I would love to see how Legion looks since his skin has changed a fair amount over the games life. (I would also like to see how his skills have changed too! No more point+click=win skills plz)
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Merlin
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Merlin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:06 pm

Quite nice, but as others have said the spine has far too much definition and the shoulder blades would also be almost unnoticeable in that sort of crouch.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:39 pm

This skin is awesome on any degree.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 pm

Badass skin is badass, although the spine does look a bit...noticeable, but I guess we'll only be able to accurately judge it from an ingame shot.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:59 pm

Can't wait to see when he skins Izen. (If he's going to.)

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:37 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:His back looks really really weird, like hes got the abominations spine (from incridible hulk)
It's the fact that the model isn't meant to be shirtless. It's designed to be as if he's wearing clothes/armor, so it's really malformed if you try to make it into an actual torso. I think the spine may be a little too accentuated, though, but otherwise, this really conforms about as best as the model allows.
Oh c'mone man thats bull, if anemic royalty can make the bloodmages chest work, he surely can make the back of this model work. He just slipped, got a little sloppy or whatever. Its definetly something that requires improvement in my eyes.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Except it's not the wrap that's the problem. If you've got a gigantic spike coming out of your chest, no amount of skill at working with wraps is going to make that spike turn into a normal chest. The back is pretty much a square in the model itself, it doesn't configure to the natural shape of a back, so regardless of the texture the back will always look weird.

Regardless, I had even agreed with you about the spine being too accentuated. It's been fixed already.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:11 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:The back is pretty much a square in the model itself, it doesn't configure to the natural shape of a back, so regardless of the texture the back will always look weird.
Actually, it being a square makes it really easy to paint your own shape on top. I know enough about wc3 models to see the polygons through the texture, and i can see theres nothing wrong with the wrap or the model, its the painting on the texture that just doesnt look like a natural back, thats all i'm saying.

But as you said its allready been fixed so whatever.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 pm

It still looks like a damned square, that's why it looks funny to me.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Psiclone
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:22 pm

HAWLEH...

The blue shirt is a nice touch. The grey on the old model seemed very dull, monotone.

I salute ye!
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Co0kieL0rd
Champion Noobite

Post by Co0kieL0rd » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:45 pm

pandamanar wrote: Well, I doubt Scamp or Myriad will get a new skins/models... so that narrows my pickings down a bit. I would love to see how Legion looks since his skin has changed a fair amount over the games life. (I would also like to see how his skills have changed too! No more point+click=win skills plz)
I don't know what you mean. The only target unit spell of Legion's is Strike Legions which is far away from killing with a single hit. I deals fully upgraded 335 damage. The Order hero with the fewest hitpoints is Dahaka with 900 hp. Thus he needs at least 3 Strike Legions spells to be killed.
'Mind over Matter. My mind over your matter!'
'Bodies never seem to survive the impact. - Duly noted.'
'Do tell me - Is it hard to walk in midair?'

'KILL! MAIM! BURN!'
'Blood for the Blood God!'

'Defeat... is NOT an option!'
'COWARDS'

'Tch, headshot!'
'Big, strong and handsome? What else do you want?'

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:10 pm

Co0kieL0rd wrote:
pandamanar wrote: Well, I doubt Scamp or Myriad will get a new skins/models... so that narrows my pickings down a bit. I would love to see how Legion looks since his skin has changed a fair amount over the games life. (I would also like to see how his skills have changed too! No more point+click=win skills plz)
I don't know what you mean. The only target unit spell of Legion's is Strike Legions which is far away from killing with a single hit. I deals fully upgraded 335 damage. The Order hero with the fewest hitpoints is Dahaka with 900 hp. Thus he needs at least 3 Strike Legions spells to be killed.
Panda is refering to how much he changed since the 1.xx series. He had 2 point-click skills in 1.06 (if I'm remembering correctly), which were pretty nasty if you were down to moderate or low health.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:11 am

I mean that a point + click = damage spell should not have been in v2.00 because the gameplay focused on spells that could be dodged. This made it very annoying when a really talented player would be pushing with low health, cocky of his dodging abilties when Legion could instantly kill him without any sort of skill. I'm not saying that point target nukes are a no-no for v3 (but something inside me hopes it will be) but v2.00 just played too much on dodging and aiming that Legion was a bit of an outcast with his focus on his point nuke(s).
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

VZManticoran

Post by VZManticoran » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:56 am

....You forgot about Violet and her lack of anything BUT point-nuke-esque spells, didn't you?
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Co0kieL0rd
Champion Noobite

Post by Co0kieL0rd » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:48 am

pandamanar wrote:I mean that a point + click = damage spell should not have been in v2.00 because the gameplay focused on spells that could be dodged. This made it very annoying when a really talented player would be pushing with low health, cocky of his dodging abilties when Legion could instantly kill him without any sort of skill. I'm not saying that point target nukes are a no-no for v3 (but something inside me hopes it will be) but v2.00 just played too much on dodging and aiming that Legion was a bit of an outcast with his focus on his point nuke(s).
When I think about that, I agree that most of the spells are avoidable and indeed Legion is a bit overpowered but more bacause of his Guard Legions, I think. Besides, he's not one of the easiest characters to learn, in contrast to Kisrug Dins who is both simple and powerful. Well, every hero in AotZ is somehow imba, because I heard this about each of them by some noobs; ergo they are balanced. :P
'Mind over Matter. My mind over your matter!'
'Bodies never seem to survive the impact. - Duly noted.'
'Do tell me - Is it hard to walk in midair?'

'KILL! MAIM! BURN!'
'Blood for the Blood God!'

'Defeat... is NOT an option!'
'COWARDS'

'Tch, headshot!'
'Big, strong and handsome? What else do you want?'

Return to “Concept & Fan Art”