DoE/AotZ Concept Art Session #6: Myriad

All artistic endeavors related to the DoE characters or the world they live in go here. If you've got artistic questions about how people interpret a hero or just have something nice you've drawn to show, drop it in a post here!
AnemicRoyalty
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

DoE/AotZ Concept Art Session #6: Myriad

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Tue May 19, 2009 11:07 pm

DoE/AotZ Concept Art Session #6

Allrighty-then! The Concept Art sessions are back, peeps. I've thought up a new and democratic way of setting the session duration so that people can work at their own pace. We'll give it a trial run, see how it goes.
  • To start the next session:
    Nominate your preferred character in the Theme Suggestions thread. If we get five or more votes for the same character, the current session closes and the next session starts with the winning character as the theme. The power is in your hands, guys. Keep it serious and don't spam the system or we'll just go back to rigid deadlines.
In this exercise, participants create their rendition of the selected character. There are no restrictions on quality or medium (as long as the content complies with the rules of the forum). Participants are encouraged to create new work for this exercise, rather than posting old work. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Above all, have fun everyone!

This time, our theme will be the sinister hivemind, Myriad of the Forgotten Vale.
Myriad
Dead of the Forgotten Vale

1088; The Great War
1088 AE (After Exodus)

With Janise at long last out of the way, we crept up the temple's stairs gradually. We all feared what may be at the very top... Death, doom... Or worse yet... Myriad himself.

In all of his glory, at the top of that spire, there lie petrified as though solid stone, Myriad of the Forgotten Vale. Legion came up from behind me and used his presence to cast me aside. I stood and watched as Legion and the cloaked figure simultaneously wrote runes in the air and chanted strange words... And then... It happened...

The crumbling of thousands of stones allowed hundreds of glistening skeletons to be freed of their prisons; one stepped forward and addressed Legion. "We are Myriad, we move as one, and henceforth, your will be done."

They slunk down the stairs, picking up swords from the dead in the area. Today was truly a revolution for the Bane, for now we had the means to take the fight back to the Order...

~Lore by Rising_Dusk.
The session begins now and finishes when sufficient votes for the next session have been cast. Post your images in this thread, work in progress shots are always encouraged xD

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: DoE/AotZ Concept Art Session #6: Myriad

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Wed May 20, 2009 12:38 am

Ugh...

Why do skeletons seem so hard to draw now?!

I vote Ztera/Zuma for next session! >: O
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Beat_Down_
Champion Noobite

Post by Beat_Down_ » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:14 am

Havent done anything in ages, supposed to be doing my fmp but I've made a start on this.
The eyes angles look awful at the moment but they look fixable.

Blatantly quick but looks better with a splash of colour : )
Tomorrows a brand new day,
so take from right now, all you need
Tomorrows a brand new start
it's a shame that, I'm happy with today

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Intoxicated Crayon wrote:Ugh...
Why do skeletons seem so hard to draw now?!
I vote Ztera/Zuma for next session! >: O
[Edit; All I can say.
Myriad Super twinking RAGE.
Morgana Gear Solid. GFG?]
I'm embarassed for you

Return to “Concept & Fan Art”