Weekly DoE/AotZ Concept Art Session #4: Vertejaune

All artistic endeavors related to the DoE characters or the world they live in go here. If you've got artistic questions about how people interpret a hero or just have something nice you've drawn to show, drop it in a post here!
assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Re: Weekly DoE/AotZ Concept Art Session #4: Vertejaune

Post by assassingao » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:03 pm

I drew a pic of him being leaf-man or something, casting Discord.

But I can't get a pic of it yet, I don't have the scanner, and my dad's iphone is all I have.

(It shows up to his waist if I was right, hmm...)

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Om Noooom Noooom. I still need to post mine ;p.

I have Ztera and Zuma Crushing Verte.

Verte with a business idea.

And one other Comic with him and Geno but I'll hold that one off... I'll try to scan them soon. : >
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Intoxicated Crayon wrote:Dusk says he's charismatic, not evil. People are more compelled to do stuff for him than forced to, for example...

Vertejaune might have mentioned to Vela, "So I was going to make this one giant golem called Genobee and it needs a lot of bones and corpses..." and a lot more talking but in a much smoother charismatic way :p and Vela just randomly goes, "I'll do it".

If I remember correctly, In the Void, It is your best bet to be ruled by Vertejaune to stay safe since he wouldn't massacre you like Caliga or eat you like Anick lol. People are definitely compelled by him I suppose like, Oh noes my city are being attacked and the citizens would jump to their feet and go, lolol I will halp you. At least I think this is what I remember. Someone could prove meh wrong >;o.
Yeah, this is mostly right. He is indeed charismatic, a benevolent dictator. There's a reason he controls the most vast and strongest baneite army in the Void - that's because they both want to fight for him and he has 66% of the Void under his command. He doesn't yell, ever. He doesn't get angry, ever. He is always calm, collected, and cool; he is a wizard with words and he's well aware of it. To be perfectly honest, he's one of my favorite characters because he wins wars with words without wear. What wonder.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:54 pm

Dusk, if you ever create, or have created a detailed story for him, what's his whole view on the evil Bane thing?
Can you hear them?

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:24 pm

The only reason he's fighting is to save his people. Unlike some other people in the Council.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:04 am

I'm loving Vertejaune even more at the moment. He's a freaking Martyr to the max. If the council were to discover this they'd own but the reason they don't is because 66% of the void would turn on the Bane : O.

Wow, he's just great. Wow. I've got a 3rd drawing... It's a mural of sorts. I'll finish it and scan my other finished artz.

Wow.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Casts Double Post!

I'll just show you the fail one first :p. Unfortunately, only Exuro looks somewhat cool. Everyone else is... Look at the baneite in the corner! :o.

Of course! Now time to make money!!!

Sorry Verte. Zuma is just so darn jealous. And Caliga too. And Jhita... > . >

Hope you enjoyed :o.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Actually, IC, the first one was my favorite. It has lots of personality in the characters and I especially like the top left corner with Solana/Lunera/Rose. I really like the style you have, it's lively and has lots of emotion. It's also quite humorous, which is great.

You should practice particularly on proportions and depth, they seem to be your weakest points. Go to some tutorials via google and see if you can't work on it. You'd do great. <3
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Concept & Fan Art”